"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

12 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

I know the article in the Herald said that Wilson and Esson would be in charge for Alloa and Hearts but seeing as this appointment was fairly rushed, anyone know who will be managing the team on Friday night? 

Complete guess but a combination of McCann, Wilson and Esson?

14 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

I know the article in the Herald said that Wilson and Esson would be in charge for Alloa and Hearts but seeing as this appointment was fairly rushed, anyone know who will be managing the team on Friday night? 

Andy Bannerman

On the new episode of the Wyness Shuffle podcast, it was mentioned that on the way back from the Ayr game Scot Gardiner and Barry Wilson agreed on four names as interim boss with McCann as the first choice.  I wonder who the other three were.  Gary Naysmith, Gary Locke and Steven Pressley would probably be the most likely candidates I imagine.

Locke seems to have been readily dismissed earlier this thread given his current commitments at Hearts (whatever they may be) but his name was bounded around a lot presumably because of the Hearts / Gardiner links. 

As mentioned above there's a new episode of TWS podcast out which features an in depth discussions about Robbo and McCann and we also hear from Josh Meekings on what it was like to play under McCann and Dundee fan Gary Cocker of The Terrace who gives us his thoughts on our interim manager. Usual game reviews, mailbag etc as well. Enjoy! :)

Spotify - https://tinyurl.com/c29z4awt
Apple - https://tinyurl.com/andcnrpc

Edited by RiG

On 24/02/2021 at 20:56, sophia said:

mind when the p&b intelligentsia lined up to tell us how poor at football Shaun Rooney was. Why, I can even recall the brightest [sic] amongst the Ross County support insisting the same despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Having experienced The Stretford End baying for the blood of the manager that they would later adore, I care not a jot that Neil was let go by a club that the word nefarious was invented for.

But hey, I'm just a lone voice on a little read corner of an obscure lower league football forum. If I was involved in a podcast that relied upon a modicum of goodwill from the club that the venture relies upon, I rather think that I'd choose to be circumspect over condemning.

I take it your admiration of Shaun Rooney is enhanced by him scoring the winning goal in St Johnstone's LC win.

Similarly James Vincent scored our winning goal in the 2015 SC, win but that's his only claim to fame.

21 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I take it your admiration of Shaun Rooney is enhanced by him scoring the winning goal in St Johnstone's LC win.

Similarly James Vincent scored our winning goal in the 2015 SC, win but that's his only claim to fame.

Shaun Rooney scored in the quarters, the semis and then the winner in the final. I'm not sure how well or otherwise he played at ICT but he's been exceptional for us when deployed at right wing back and passable at centre back.  Rooney and McCart have both been excellent for us, one more quiet than the other, who is already a cult hero. Many thanks to ICT and John Robertson, they came to us very good players and equipped to get better.

On 24/02/2021 at 16:04, Highland Capital said:

It's good reason why so many people left CTO - the place became overrun with morons and happy clappers. 

Aye last wk it was fan wanking over McCann and how its going to be rosy and soaring up the league to now its all a disaster with a crap squad and staring at the darkness.

I do think its possible and we are capable, although we do have problems IMO

Lack of games this year has us off fitness and struggling to gel, we now have games coming fast but are far enough behind they are now starting to mean something, good in that it means we dont have time to dwell and should help with the first concerns but also no time to work on getting it right away from match days especially with McCann coming in and 'new' ideas

Overall whatever the outcome of this season the club needs to rebuild and have a strategy going forwards which considers being economically stable - develop a stable basis of quality experienced pro's supplemented by youngsters who can improve with a strategy of remaining competitive in the Championship and aiming for promotion push in a few years - this is slowly happening but there is still plenty to do and I dont think annually making play-offs should be seen as the success which masks the issues .

Edit - to be clear I'm referring to the top end play offs and not the arse end

Edited by bdu98196

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Aye last wk it was fan wanking over McCann and how its going to be rosy and soaring up the league to now its all a disaster with a crap squad and staring at the darkness.

There's not really any evidence that McCann is anything more than a mediocre manager but I accept given the circumstances there's probably not many better out there that we could've appointed.  On CTO though you'd have thought Guardiola had been appointed!  I even saw one person say that they'd be happy to see McCann appointed permanently.  Based on what?! 

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is there genuine worry you might end up in the playoff or do you think you have enough to overtake Arbroath and QOTS with the games in hand on them and eventually pull clear? 

Our defence is a total shambles so I always expect to concede at least once in a game. Added on to that we don’t have anybody up front we can expect to score goals consistently so scoring 2+ goals a game to get the three points seems unlikely. There is a worry that we could get end up in the playoffs but there is also the feeling that we will scrape enough points together to avoid it.

I imagine most of our fans would be in agreement that he's a good player but at the same time won't be particularly upset that he's going.  If he can regain his form and stay injury-free, he could be a good signing for Raith, but he's never really peaked with us in the way some expected when he signed.

I recollect when he signed being really pleased with the signing and we have seen glimpses of class, but too often he goes missing or gets injured.  At the same time, I don't think we've ever really found the proper role for him in the team.