"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didnt say it was a problem. Its not a problem. Lets not take the piss though. Everyone with the slightest interest in Scottish football knows why Hearts fans are rallying round Inverness and it has not a single thing to do with Covid or the weather which are pretty irrelevant when games are closed door anyway 

If it was Queen of the South, or Raith Rovers, or Alloa, or, perish the thought, Dundee, very little would be incoming from Hearts fans who were largely threatening to boycott the rest of the division in the summer anyway.

Well loan you a couple of virtual players ya greeting faced c**t😘

20 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The gesture goes back to 2013 when Hearts were in administration when we helped them out.

Uh huh.

The gesture goes back to this summer when Hearts fans had pages and pages of posts on Jambos Kickback and elsewhere telling anyone who would listen that there would be a boycott of the other 8 sides and a massive swell of travelling Hearts fans to repay Inverness for their vote support.

Anything else is just flannel. You know it and I know it. 

Which is fine, by the way, Hearts fans are entitled to donate thousands to Inverness if they want. 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh.

The gesture goes back to this summer when Hearts fans had pages and pages of posts on Jambos Kickback and elsewhere telling anyone who would listen that there would be a boycott of the other 8 sides and a massive swell of travelling Hearts fans to repay Inverness for their vote support.

Which is fine, by the way, Hearts fans are entitled to donate thousands to Inverness if they want. 

What an odd thing to get so excited about.

I'd have thought you would have been more than happy to see a fellow provisional club receiving such an unexpected windfall.

You're not, you're not jealous are you?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didnt say it was a problem. Its not a problem. Lets not take the piss though. Everyone with the slightest interest in Scottish football knows why Hearts fans are rallying round Inverness and it has not a single thing to do with Covid or the weather which are pretty irrelevant when games are closed door anyway 

If it was Queen of the South, or Raith Rovers, or Alloa, or, perish the thought, Dundee, very little would be incoming from Hearts fans who were largely threatening to boycott the rest of the division in the summer anyway.

I'd say it"s got quite a lot to do with Covid, and all but a few clubs' reaction to it.

15 minutes ago, sophia said:

What an odd thing to get so excited about.

I'd have thought you would have been more than happy to see a fellow provisional club receiving such an unexpected windfall.

You're not, you're not jealous are you?

I'm not remotely excited about it. I actually think its great. I hope ICT do go on and break their record ticket sales.

Calling bullshit on pretendy justifications isnt remotely the same thing. 

15 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I'd say it"s got quite a lot to do with Covid, and all but a few clubs' reaction to it.

😄 Fair enough. In a different slightly spurious way then.

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You seem to be bothered about two clubs helping each other out.

I've had a look at Kickback just now and the main reason is for what happened in 2013, second reason is... well......Robbo.

Bothered, no. Amused, by the needless wriggling about trying to pretend its something else, yes, very much so. 

All the posts on Kickback been edited since I read it last night I take it? 😉

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not remotely excited about it. I actually think its great. I hope ICT do go on and break their record ticket sales.

Calling bullshit on pretendy justifications isnt remotely the same thing. 

😄 Fair enough. In a different slightly spurious way then.

Bothered, no. Amused, by the needless wriggling about trying to pretend its something else, yes, very much so. 

All the posts on Kickback been edited since I read it last night I take it? 😉

You're giving a very convincing impression of being excited to this reader.

Why in the name of the wee man would you be interested in the contents of a random forum specific to a club not at all associated with yours? Have you a lot of time on your hands?

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You can make assumptions all you like, there is however a club statement from Inverness CT on the subject.

https://ictfc.com/togetherness-ict-club-statement-on-virtual-tickets

On behalf of Chairman Ross Morrison and the Board of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, our Manager, players and staff, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our virtual match “ticket” initiative in this incredible first 24 hours or so.

We thank as ever, the supporters of ICTFC who have once again stepped up for their club and spent their hard earned money to back us when the current pressures of the outside world are so great. 

We also thank the fans of the other Scottish clubs, both in the Championship and the Premiership who have also made such generous contributions to a game where their own team isn’t even involved and also fans of the clubs in England who have done likewise. Such kindness is a reminder of the strength of football fans and indeed our game of football. 

All of that said, we cannot emphasise how simply blown away we have been by the almost instantaneous warmth and generosity of the supporters of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

As I write, we have now sold over 4,700 virtual “tickets” for our game on Friday, February 26th. The vast majority of which have been purchased by Jambos. To put this in some context for those who don’t know the Caledonian Stadium, that is the equivalent of selling out the 2,200 capacity South Stand which is the traditional away end that Hearts fans would have been occupying and also selling out the 2,200 North Stand, normally occupied by ICT supporters. This means that as things stand, Hearts fans have become the biggest away support (virtual or real) ever at the Caledonian Stadium.

Our capacity is 7,822 and we have now managed to sell 60% of that in just over a day. 

When we had sold 1,000 tickets in less than 90 minutes yesterday, Robbo joked with me and I really mean joked, that our record attendance which is 7,753 against Rangers would be under threat. Little did we know that everyone, but especially the boys in maroon, would keep it going all day and overnight. Some Hearts supporters clubs have even pledged the price of the bus that would have brought them to Inverness later this month. Incredible generosity.

I have spoken to Hearts Chairman Ann Budge this afternoon and she shares my gratitude and wonder at everyone’s efforts so far. I have also spoken to Stevie Kilgour of the Federation of Hearts Supporters and Hearts legend Gary Mackay who along with fellow players Jimmy Sandison, Scott Crabbe, and Hearts fan David Gardiner, accepted the original ICTFC donation to the 1874 Fighting Fund in 2013. 

It has been a remarkable feat of support and philanthropy from a set of fans who through the Foundation of Hearts, have led the way in Scotland on that front and it has been way beyond our hopes for this fundraising initiative. So for all of you who have joined in with this amazing effort thank you once again and for those who still may join us, it is clear now that you will be part of something quite remarkable.

On a serious note, Manager John Robertson has now entered training camp in order to be able to sign thousands of tickets and Thank You letters in the coming days #prayforrobbo

Thank You

Scot Gardiner

Chief Executive Officer

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club

#TogetherNess

I've read it. Yesterday. Not sure what your point is? 

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

You're giving a very convincing impression of being excited to this reader.

Why in the name of the wee man would you be interested in the contents of a random forum specific to a club not at all associated with yours? Have you a lot of time on your hands?

Enough time to occasionally read forums of our divisional rivals. Yes. Yours too. Is this a problem? Did I miss a memo about it or something? 

39 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh.

I think it helped Inverness official position that Hearts proposed promoting 2nd placed Inverness. I can guarantee every club would have voted the same in those circumstances.

I see Hearts fans tagging @alloaathleticfc with "look what you could have had if you voted for us".... but then taking that to it's logical conclusion that would mean Hearts would have never been in the league and we wouldn't have made any money off them in the same way that in the last 6 years they've not contributed to our income in any way....

I think ICT are probably still shy of our total money made from Hearts this season but they'll be passing it in the next day or two. Fair play to the gesture though. When they were losing £872,000 I had the fear about them surviving. I quite like Inverness, mainly because Robbo is so likeable, and our games have in general been a pretty good watch whenever we meet.

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh.

You've got a fuckin cheek having a go at two clubs helping each other out.

Us older Inverness football fans well remember your Queen of the South Chairman Willie Harkness who was also President of the SFA making it very clear during his SFA Presidency that he would deny any attempt by an Inverness team to join Scotlands senior leagues.

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You've got a fuckin cheek having a go at two clubs helping each other out.

Us older Inverness football fans well remember your Queen of the South Chairman Willie Harkness who was also President of the SFA making it very clear during his SFA Presidency that he would deny any attempt by an Inverness team to join Scotlands senior leagues.

That's interesting. Good luck in finding a Queen of the South fan who agreed with pretty much anything Willie Harkness ever said or did.

I also have not at any point "had a go at two clubs helping each other out". On the contrary I've said several times I think it's great. You appear to be peddling a very defensive agenda for some reason and not reading what was posted. Inverness fans seem extraordinarily sensitive to being Hearts fans pet club.

ICT and Hearts fans are clearly just coming together to celebrate the talents of players like Brad Mckay and Jake Mulraney who have excited supporters of both sides over the years.

52 minutes ago, RiG said:

ICT and Hearts fans are clearly just coming together to celebrate the talents of players like Brad Mckay and Jake Mulraney who have excited supporters of both sides over the years.

Plus, they have paid the wages for Anthony Mcdonald.

Edited by PB1994

So ICT are a decent team.  Good owners, fans - they always want to play fair. Always a top visit.  I did it as a nice thing to do to repay them, but also pay the extra for Robbo's autograph.  :-)    Now seeing the rage from some other teams, I might just buy another.

23 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's interesting. Good luck in finding a Queen of the South fan who agreed with pretty much anything Willie Harkness ever said or did.

I also have not at any point "had a go at two clubs helping each other out". On the contrary I've said several times I think it's great. You appear to be peddling a very defensive agenda for some reason and not reading what was posted. Inverness fans seem extraordinarily sensitive to being Hearts fans pet club.

Your usual sanctimonious drivel.