"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

When Rooney first joined he was pretty average - on the attack he looked pretty dangerous but didn't do much defensively.  There were a few games where Robertson tried playing him at right wing but he didn't seem to do that well there.  Ironically when he was in defence he looked like a winger playing at full back and when he was at right wing looked like a right back who'd been shunted forward.  Some fans even said half-jokingly that we should try him as a striker!  His second season though he was a superb player - he actually got even better as an attacker and his ability to defend and sit-in when needed also drastically improved. 

He went from being so poor he was dropped for an out-of-position Brad Mckay to being one of our most dangerous attackers and resolute defenders.

Edited by Highland Capital

The in game commentary will now feature shout outs to our sponsors.

"ICT struggling to break down the Alloa defence but first let me tell you what never breaks down and that's the modern fleet operated by D & E coaches!"

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

The in game commentary will now feature shout outs to our sponsors.

"ICT struggling to break down the Alloa defence but first let me tell you what never breaks down and that's the modern fleet operated by D & E coaches!"

It looks like Queen of the South have come up here and decided to park the bus. I know one thing for sure,if they can park it anywhere near the quality of the D&E Coaches drivers we are going to have a tough time getting on the scoresheet.

It's going to be a bit cringe but 1) we need any money we can get; and 2) I mute the commentator anyway so I won't hear it.
A bit cringe?

The idea of a match sponsor with some advertising is a good one but "shout outs" during the game is awful. Sounds like something from the NFL in the 80s

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

A bit cringe?

The idea of a match sponsor with some advertising is a good one but "shout outs" during the game is awful. Sounds like something from the NFL in the 80s

A few years back ICT starting employing a guy from Moray Firth Radio to do announcements.  Like the current club commentator he seemed to have been plonked in the role with minimal training, which wasn't helped by the fact his understanding of football and experience of being a fan was non-existent.  Anyway, one game was sponsored by Stagecoach and every opportunity their name was dropped in "Mr X is coming off, Mr Y coming on.  Today's game is sponsored by Stagecoach!", "Scoring for Caley Thistle - XYZ, today's game is sponsored by Stagecoach!" I'm sure there was even one point where he started reading the latest scores out while the game was in-play and then ended it with "Today's game is sponsored by Stagecoach!"

This is going to be much the same.  if D&E are sponsoring the stream that's fine and I would be all in favour of having their logo as a graphic on screen all game but constant shout outs are going to be so tin pot.  I've had the game muted for weeks now but it's a shame we have to - there's so many fans out there who'd love to get involved and would be far more capable whether it be through the streaming, the announcing or the commentary.

36 minutes ago, Mr X said:

A bit cringe?

I've probably watched more NFL than football games over the last few years so maybe I am somewhat "immune" to it :lol:

TBH I am surprised the club haven't tried to sell more advertising time with the streams. We get about 10 minutes of watching the players warm up pre match and 15 minutes of the subs at half time. Stick a few adverts up there for (local) businesses for a few more quid.

Edited by RiG

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

ParsTV give shout outs to sponsors thoughout the games. Don't bother me to be honest. 

Have you heard this guy...?  The half joking bus related puns and cringeworthy shout out stuff is guaranteed to be aplenty tomorrow

Edited by Highland Capital

54 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I watched our ICT game in December with the laptop volume down. I guess I was fortunate in doing so.

You made the right choice.  Occasionally I put the sound up to see if it's still as bad and I last a few seconds before cringing into submission.

36 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Quite disappointed we haven’t had Caley Shaun on wondering why we didn’t have a look into signing Ben Davies to solve our defensive problems.

Jordan Jones must've been on the A9 near Dalwhinnie when Sunderland came in for him.

We should just go all out and do Love Lines (if you remember it) type shout outs for 2 quid during the game 'Dave in Smithton fancies Stacey down the Ferry' type thing. 

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

For every one player that's turned around, there's at least three that no one could help. Plus many of our successes were good players to start with, good potential, but some how they lost there way either due to a previous manager or coaching that was either clueless/unable to get the best out of them or simply they were not given game time to improve and mature.

Yeah those are good points.  People used to rave about Butcher's recruitment for example and it was good...but there was absolute rubbish too.  He might've signed Jonny Hayes, Gary Warren and Marley Watkins...but he also signed Gil Blumenshtein, Claude Gnakpa and the mysterious Andre Martins.