"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 23/01/2021 at 14:47, Ludo*1 said:

You're apparently eyeing up Declan McDaid.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

20 hours ago, SteveAn said:

Is he any good? 

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We’re 8th now 😂. When the f**k are we actually going to get to play a game?

"Best manager in the league" doing wonders up at Caley. No wonder he wants the season called now. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

"Best manager in the league" doing wonders up at Caley. No wonder he wants the season called now. 

We haven't played this year you fucking banger.  It's highly difficult to gain points without playing any football matches.

McDaid looked quite useful in the front three at Ayr behind Shankland. Tormented us when we played down at Somerset but he goes into hiding far, far too often. Wouldn't be absolutely distraught if we signed him but hopefully there are some better options.

Edited by RiG

I fully expected him to rock up at somewhere like Falkirk or Cove going for League 1 instead of ICT. He’s just not good enough for a Championship team at the top end and doesn’t have the fight for a team down the bottom.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I fully expected him to rock up at somewhere like Falkirk or Cove going for League 1 instead of ICT. He’s just not good enough for a Championship team at the top end and doesn’t have the fight for a team down the bottom.

We managed to get Jordan White a contract at a Motherwell team who finished third in the Premiership last year so it wouldn’t be the strangest thing for him to turn up for us and be a totally different player.

We managed to get Jordan White a contract at a Motherwell team who finished third in the Premiership last year so it wouldn’t be the strangest thing for him to turn up for us and be a totally different player.

Aye true.

Dunno whether it’s John Robertson or something about Inverness that’s made pretty average or crap players look like world beaters.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

See
Rooney, Shaun
Donaldson, Coll

among others.

Shaun Rooney should never be classed as "average/crap" based solely on his physical attributes and mentality to improve.

One of the only players in the top flight who can completely dominate a flank, and I include Old Firm players in that.

Shaun Rooney should never be classed as "average/crap" based solely on his physical attributes and mentality to improve.
One of the only players in the top flight who can completely dominate a flank, and I include Old Firm players in that.

I’ve seen Shaun Rooney be absolutely crap on multiple occasions so he can definitely be classed as that. Even at ICT he looked ropey a lot of the time but seemed to just push anyone that got past him over.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye true.

Dunno whether it’s John Robertson or something about Inverness that’s made pretty average or crap players look like world beaters.

I’ve no idea what it is, no doubt Robertson plays a part in it but it seems to happen with every manager we have.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve seen Shaun Rooney be absolutely crap on multiple occasions so he can definitely be classed as that. Even at ICT he looked ropey a lot of the time but seemed to just push anyone that got past him over.

As have I and he played for my team! I know this is repeating things and Mr Scouting Stats won't look past the physical attributes, but as much as Rooney is an outstanding athlete he was and remains the 'defender' with least positional sense I've ever seen in my life. He was still young when with us but we were his 4th senior club. It's not a surprise he's eventually improved it a bit but it's also plainly nonsense not to acknowlegde he's a prime candidate in the list of players Robertson turned far more consistent than anyone before did.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rooney was described as exactly that when we got him from Queens and in the first season he was average. He looked great going forward but couldn’t defend. During his time with us his defending improved a lot and though I haven’t seen him play for St Johnstone I’ve no doubt he has probably become a better player too.

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As have I and he played for my team! I know this is repeating things and Mr Scouting Stats won't look past the physical attributes, but as much as Rooney is an outstanding athlete he was and remains the 'defender' with least positional sense I've ever seen in my life. He was still young when with us but we were his 4th senior club. It's not a surprise he's eventually improved it a bit but it's also plainly nonsense not to acknowlegde he's a prime candidate in the list of players Robertson turned far more consistent than anyone before did.

37 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Rooney was described as exactly that when we got him from Queens and in the first season he was average. He looked great going forward but couldn’t defend. During his time with us his defending improved a lot and though I haven’t seen him play for St Johnstone I’ve no doubt he has probably become a better player too.

I've perhaps worded it wrong.

I meant that Rooney had well above average physical attributes, and his mentality to improve is also well above average, so folk playing him down as a young defender were doing him a disservice. His technical ability/reading of the game below average, but overall his physicals/mentality would always take him to the top.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If you really want a laugh you can just tell him Aaron Comrie is better than Shaun Rooney. He doesn’t like that.

FYI having seen them both play against Ayr I’d rather have Comrie.

And as I said to Dunfermline fans, Comrie might well read the game better, but hes too small and weak to play for us, or likely any top flight side who want to finish in the top half.

Rooney may well be a worse defender (hes played CB for us more than well in the top flight), but by being so quick/strong/determined, he'll more often than not having the beating of wingers. Comrie was finished once the winger was past him.

Edited by RandomGuy.