"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

55 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think he comes across appallingly in the article.  It really was that bad and seems to think it was all one big joke.  Don't forget, we did pay for it - the 'teething problems' should've been worked out long before they decided to charge £10 a time for it.

Spot on.

Scott Gardiner? more like fuckin Chance the Gardener in the Peter Sellers movie.

And he says in the article, 'If the sun's not out there's not a problem'.

Which indicates that the cameras haven't been moved to the correct viewing location and are still located on the east side.

Edited by SandyCromarty

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Spot on.

Scott Gardiner? more like fuckin Chance the Gardener in the Peter Sellers movie.

And he says in the article, 'If the sun's not out there's not a problem'.

Which indicates that the cameras haven't been moved to the correct viewing location and are still located on the east side.

It's the attitude that really grates with me.  He's talking about it like it's all one big joke, which perhaps says a lot more about him than his very short sighted quotes in the article. 

Placing the camera in the main stand despite being told not to and then to claim that it works fine when the sun’s not out at a time of year when the sun will setting while the match is on is barking mad. I think he genuinely doesn’t care if the stream’s garbage.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Gardiner has had a history of gaffes over the years.  The way he's talking about this as one big joke is very worrying.

So he say's 'It wasn't as bad as everyone was saying'

So all those who complained on the forums and to the club were wrong.

We the paying fans!!!! didn't have the luxury of sitting in the stand for free to watch the game but had to endure 93 minutes of abysmal coverage which at times panned away from the game at crucial moments.

I’ve just been invited to cover a EOSL match tomorrow 2pm with my camera. This will be my first game since Alloa nearly 8 months ago. An actual live game 😍
So not sure whether to stump up my tenner for the stream this week or just wait for the highlights. Especially with the Edinburgh derby on at 5 o’clock.

I emailed SG with my comments and suggestions, being as clear as I could be that the issues were much more than simply following a bald linesman. 

I've so far had no acknowledgement or reply. 

I find it staggering that for all the random statements that we put out about whatever, that we've said nothing accepting the problems and what we plan to do to resolve them. 

That P&J interview is very poor. Guess SG is right and everyone else is wrong. 

46 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I emailed SG with my comments and suggestions, being as clear as I could be that the issues were much more than simply following a bald linesman. 

I've so far had no acknowledgement or reply. 

I find it staggering that for all the random statements that we put out about whatever, that we've said nothing accepting the problems and what we plan to do to resolve them. 

That P&J interview is very poor. Guess SG is right and everyone else is wrong. 

Just following on from my post above, it would be nice to know what changes if any will be made tomorrow from last week. I imagine a fair proportion of our support from last week won’t bother, plus with all due respect, Arbroath will have a smaller  support than Ayr.

10 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Just following on from my post above, it would be nice to know what changes if any will be made tomorrow from last week. I imagine a fair proportion of our support from last week won’t bother, plus with all due respect, Arbroath will have a smaller  support than Ayr.

Going by the amount of negativity from the Arbroath fans on the Caley v Arbroath thread you're probably right.

If I had the option like you of a live game I wouldn't hesitate plus high winds up here just now so any ball control and good play will be difficult.

Enjoy the live game and then the Caley highlights.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 31/10/2020 at 09:51, SandyCromarty said:

Going by the amount of negativity from the Arbroath fans on the Caley v Arbroath thread you're probably right.

If I had the option like you of a live game I wouldn't hesitate plus high winds up here just now so any ball control and good play will be difficult.

Enjoy the live game and then the Caley highlights.

Cheers Sandy. It was actually quite a buzz being out in the elements at a real game, even though the strong wind had an effect on it.
The committee are happy for me to show up any time until I can get back into ICT games.
Didn't have any regrets anyway, hearing the feedback from the first half at TCS. Home in time to have a couple of beers watching the semi. Look forward to the highlights coming up later.

Edited by The Mantis

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

My copy of the book has just arrived. Looks terrific at first glance.

I've heard absolutely nothing since I paid for it. Did you get any kind of email update that it was on its way?

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Arbroath will be signing him in January.

If he did leave then yep, the preferred option would be to someone else in the division, making them weaker defensively.