"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

Fair enough, they obviously got that one wrong. Given the issues other clubs have had with pixellot it might not have made much difference.

Either way, doesn't change the fact that they can't just change to a manual camera without changing the whole platform.

Is it Alloa that are using the same system but have said they will have someone who will manually track the camera to make sure it is following the ball? I don’t see why we couldn’t do that as well.

I think the bigger issue that has appeared is that we literally have a camera on the other side of the pitch which is manned producing coverage which everyone would think is good, just see the highlights, and there apparently isn’t any internet connection problems that would stop us from streaming from it.

These pixelot cameras have been installed at every ground so we don’t have to use it. Dunfermline have proved that as in our first game against them the coverage was excellent.

7 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Is it Alloa that are using the same system but have said they will have someone who will manually track the camera to make sure it is following the ball? I don’t see why we couldn’t do that as well.

Alloa are awaiting on the controller to allow them to control the Pixellot system manually but it seems that they are also looking at a multi camera setup. 

I think the bigger issue that has appeared is that we literally have a camera on the other side of the pitch which is manned producing coverage which everyone would think is good, just see the highlights, and there apparently isn’t any internet connection problems that would stop us from streaming from it.
These pixelot cameras have been installed at every ground so we don’t have to use it. Dunfermline have proved that as in our first game against them the coverage was excellent.
Alloa are awaiting on the controller to allow them to control the Pixellot system manually but it seems that they are also looking at a multi camera setup. 
Alloa are using the same camera but not the same platform.

I'm not defending ICTs decisions so far, I'm just pointing out that these tweaks and changes that other clubs are doing aren't going to happen unless they decide to abandon the spfl platform and go with someone else.

They might well do that, it wouldn't be that difficult.

56 minutes ago, Mr X said:
1 hour ago, RiG said:
So what's the difference between the Alloa Pixellot and the ICT one? :unsure2:

ICT are using the spfl platform to manage payments and the streaming. Alloa are using pixellot for everything

Cheers thanks for that :)

ETA: As has been mentioned on some ICT fans Twitter accounts this morning disappointing that that club have seemingly ignored the problems that besieged the broadcast at the weekend. IIRC other clubs, whether they used Pixellot or not, apologised to fans when streams of games / friendlies didn't work well whereas ICT have, again seemingly, retreated into their shell. Doesn't exactly encourage folk to part with money ahead of the game against Arbroath this coming Saturday.

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Not long until some of you IV based ICT fans might be back at a game.

18 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think my initial feelings of Gardiner being someone not to be trusted is starting to prove correct...

Such great news and it is my view that the lovely Scott Gardiner and what a breath of fresh air he has been throughout this crisis, will suitably weigh the season ticket ballot to favour those that given the club unstinting support and against those that would be less than grudging in their praise of the club caretakers.

On 28/10/2020 at 10:54, RiG said:

Cheers thanks for that :)

ETA: As has been mentioned on some ICT fans Twitter accounts this morning disappointing that that club have seemingly ignored the problems that besieged the broadcast at the weekend. IIRC other clubs, whether they used Pixellot or not, apologised to fans when streams of games / friendlies didn't work well whereas ICT have, again seemingly, retreated into their shell. Doesn't exactly encourage folk to part with money ahead of the game against Arbroath this coming Saturday.

Morton were slow with the full apology for the issues we had with our first stream. They did end up refunding everyone though.

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Perhaps the worst take from this article is that he thought the stream "wasn't as bad as people made out" and "looked fantastic in HD".

Aye, I don’t see how he thought it was a good move to tell season ticket holders who have paid over the odds for the stream and the fans that will be buying on a PPV basis that they are over reacting, while he was able to sit in the stand and watch the game.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Aye, I don’t see how he thought it was a good move to tell season ticket holders who have paid over the odds for the stream and the fans that will be buying on a PPV basis that they are over reacting, while he was able to sit in the stand and watch the game.

I think he comes across appallingly in the article.  It really was that bad and seems to think it was all one big joke.  Don't forget, we did pay for it - the 'teething problems' should've been worked out long before they decided to charge £10 a time for it.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think he comes across appallingly in the article.  It really was that bad and seems to think it was all one big joke.  Don't forget, we did pay for it - the 'teething problems' should've been worked out long before they decided to charge £10 a time for it.

Yeap it was awful. The camera, for some reason, would zoom out instead of in when the ball was on the far side of the pitch so you could hardly see what was going on.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeap it was awful. The camera, for some reason, would zoom out instead of in when the ball was on the far side of the pitch so you could hardly see what was going on.

Gardiner has had a history of gaffes over the years.  The way he's talking about this as one big joke is very worrying.

Edited by Highland Capital