"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

21 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Pretty sure he’s been on the clubs social media advertising different things? Wouldn’t this go against Furlough rules? (I’m not up to date on the most recent changes etc so happy to be corrected) 

If furlough has just ended this month then he might have just returned to training etc.  I wouldn't put it past the club to pull a trick like this.

Evening #lads

The latest episode of The Wyness Shuffle is out now and we talk about the recent games, lookahead to the matches coming up, interview Wallace Duffy, Nightmare XI returns and there is the small matter of who won Sean Welsh's shirt...

Available from Podbean and all your other usual podcasty places like Apple, Google and Spotify.

Edited by RiG

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Story doing the rounds on twitter that your pixellot cameras at the weekend were focussing on a folically challenged linesman's head rather than the fitbaw as intended. Please tell me this is true.

True.

20 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:
Is there a video of it anywhere?

I had one from twitter but apparently can't post it as unsupported file here..

Edited by weirdcal
Dropped to website.. Appears to load

5 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Story doing the rounds on twitter that your pixellot cameras at the weekend were focussing on a folically challenged linesman's head rather than the fitbaw as intended. Please tell me this is true.

I reckon 15 minutes of the game transmission was of the linesman's heid.

The other 75 minutes was barely watchable given the absolutely atrocious Pixellot broadcast, even the commentary was a shambles given that the sole commentator didn't know some of the players names, surprisingly though he had stats to hand and could tell us who Galatasaray's 3rd choice goalkeeper was. 

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Funny there's been no acknowledgement from the club at all about Saturday's coverage.  Wonder if they'll quietly do away with the Pixellot camera.  If they keep it and it's another shambles on Saturday people are going to be irate.

Correct, Fans I know mailed the club complaining about the poor broadcast but as yet silence from the club.

Does the club need to be reminded that football is nothing without the fans, ignore us at your peril as there's only one loser in losing fans.

There's a basic rule in public relations, when you mess up, fess up.

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Correct, Fans I know mailed the club complaining about the poor broadcast but as yet silence from the club.

Does the club need to be reminded that football is nothing without the fans, ignore us at your peril as there's only one loser in losing fans.

There's a basic rule in public relations, when you mess up, fess up.

The commentator rattled on and on about how 'history was being made.'  Perhaps the silence suggests the club knows the coverage was garbage.  Had it been fantastic they'd be tweeting all kinds of 'what did you think of the coverage?!' pish.  I predict it'll either be far superior on Saturday or it'll be by a manual camera.  If not, I'll certainly be contacting the club with my discontent.

The commentator rattled on and on about how 'history was being made.'  Perhaps the silence suggests the club knows the coverage was garbage.  Had it been fantastic they'd be tweeting all kinds of 'what did you think of the coverage?!' pish.  I predict it'll either be far superior on Saturday or it'll be by a manual camera.  If not, I'll certainly be contacting the club with my discontent.
They can't change the camera without changing the whole platform.

Not that that isn't an option of course.

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

They can't change the camera without changing the whole platform.

Not that that isn't an option of course.

Seemingly when the camera was installed, the club were told it would work far better if it was on the opposite side of the pitch.  They didn't listen.

Seemingly when the camera was installed, the club were told it would work far better if it was on the opposite side of the pitch.  They didn't listen.
Fair enough, they obviously got that one wrong. Given the issues other clubs have had with pixellot it might not have made much difference.

Either way, doesn't change the fact that they can't just change to a manual camera without changing the whole platform.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Fair enough, they obviously got that one wrong. Given the issues other clubs have had with pixellot it might not have made much difference.

Either way, doesn't change the fact that they can't just change to a manual camera without changing the whole platform.

I'm sure they could get a joiner to knock something together

Edited by sophia
auto correct