"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

In terms of our squad, I'm happy enough with it in the attacking sense.  We don't seem to have an out-and-out scorer but you'd hope that Storey, Sutherland, Keatings and maybe Todorov and Doran could all get into double figures.  Our midfield is pretty much as strong as it was before and I don't think Allardice really has to do much to be better than Trafford. 

The defence though really worries me.  I was really disappointed with the return of Danny Devine and with Brad Mckay here already, they're both liable for a blunder at least once every other game.  I know Robertson has high hopes for Harper but again he's pretty young.  If he was slotting in there next to Donaldson and McCart he'd be fine, but in a defence that potentially includes these two as well, he's being asked to really step up.  Duffy and Deas look like they have potential but they're both pretty young as well and in the case of the latter has never really played full time first team football before.  Toshney looks like our best centre-back now but he's injured...again.

I know the club have high hopes for Harper, Deas and Duffy but this year we're going in with a defence of the young, the injured and accident-prone.  I hope the performances at the other end of the park counteract the fact that we must have, at least on the face of it, our weakest defence in years.

Edited by Highland Capital

Seen the penalty decision this morning. 

First thing that astonished me was the referees arrogance to claim the player motioned his arm towards the ball like he was absolutely convinced with his decision and what he seen. 

It didn't. He imagined it. He made it up. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

8 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

Anyone know if we'll be streaming our match at home to Cowdenbeath this Tuesday? and costs if so? 

Gardiner said here that Cowdenbeath may be used as a test event for streaming and prices for ICT streamed matches were likely to be around £10. However there's been no further word on this so I would imagine that we will likely be streaming the first league game in a couple of weeks rather than the League Cup.

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Gardiner said here that Cowdenbeath may be used as a test event for streaming and prices for ICT streamed matches were likely to be around £10. However there's been no further word on this so I would imagine that we will likely be streaming the first league game in a couple of weeks rather than the League Cup.

Thank you, great podcast too! 

Watched the Hearts v Dundee last night and right at the start the commentator a couple of times was keen to tell us that these two teams were the main contenders for the Championship title and ICT and Dunfermline were also rans.

Wonder what he thinks now after Hearts put six past Dundee.

ICT also rans? I hope Robertson hammers this shite home to the players.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Watched the Hearts v Dundee last night and right at the start the commentator a couple of times was keen to tell us that these two teams were the main contenders for the Championship title and ICT and Dunfermline were also rans.

Wonder what he thinks now after Hearts put six past Dundee.

ICT also rans? I hope Robertson hammers this shite home to the players.

Apparently signing Charlie Adam elevates you to the same pedestal as Hearts.  The press and pundits don't seem to realise they have the worst manger, defender and goalkeeper in the league in McPake, Forster and Hamilton. 

33 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Is Sutherland still out for this?  Little worried for our chances of scoring today, if Todorov has to start again.

Yes.

ETA: Actually, The Inverness Courier says "a late decision will be made on the striker".

Edited by RiG