"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Don't Tulloch own the car parks?

Not sure.  I'm not certain how much of the land they gave the club.  We certainly own the stadium and car park at the front.  Not sure about the supporter's ones.

57 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I drove past the other day and noticed it.  Presumably its the club renting out the car park space for extra income whilst the fans can't use it.

Apparently it is going to be used to to store wind turbines for a new wind farm nearby and we should be getting money for it.

Edited by PB1994

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Apparently it is going to be used to to store wind turbines for a new wind farm nearby.

The Caley helping contribute to a greener Scotland? What a fucking club.

21 minutes ago, RiG said:

Can we read too much into the numbers they have been wearing in friendlies?

They look like squad numbers to me.  After all, we usually line up 1-11 in friendlies but not in this case - also, we haven't seen any squad numbers used of absent players (Doran hasn't featured yet and there's not been a #10 for example).  MacGregor has worn 12 in both games, I assume in that case McHattie is wearing #3 (neither he nor the number have featured yet).  Devine has been wearing the vacant #6 in both games as well.

The fact that the numbers aren't 1-11 and haven't changed at all from game to game, suggests to me these are the new allocations. 

Edited by Highland Capital

They look like squad numbers to me.  After all, we usually line up 1-11 in friendlies but not in this case - also, we haven't seen any squad numbers used of absent players (Doran hasn't featured yet and there's not been a #10 for example).  MacGregor has worn 12 in both games, I assume in that case McHattie is wearing #3 (neither he nor the number have featured yet).  Devine has been wearing the vacant #6 in both games as well.
The fact that the numbers aren't 1-11 and haven't changed at all from game to game, suggests to me these are the new allocations. 
It could be a covid thing for friendlies, ie you wear the same strip despite them being washed.
Names aren't printed on them yet so it's a possible answer

47 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Could be a COVID thing as @weirdcal mentions. Certainly hope the intention isn't to play Sutherland on the wings. Surely we've brought him in for his goals and he played mainly through the middle for Peterhead and Elgin where he was pretty prolific albeit at a lower level. Would seem very strange to then stick him out on the right wing!

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

According to the club Twitter, Toshney has been forced off injured already against Elgin. *Sigh*

This guy is just made of glass. Always gets injured. Reckon he would be a regular starter if he could stay fit. 

28 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

That'll be Deas and Devine our centre back pairing starting the season then. Now they can hopefully work on forming a strong partnership.

Good luck to Robbie Deas... :rolleyes:

Edited by Highland Capital

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Highly unlikely. We'll finish 3rd at worst. 

Possibly. You’ll no better than me. As a casual observer apart from Hearts I would say there is not much between the rest but would say you have the poorest squad certainly depth wise that you have had for many years. Being a full time squad will keep you safe but there appears to be a steady decline which is sad to see.

11 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Possibly. You’ll no better than me. As a casual observer apart from Hearts I would say there is not much between the rest but would say you have the poorest squad certainly depth wise that you have had for many years. Being a full time squad will keep you safe but there appears to be a steady decline which is sad to see.

A heartwarming assessment from a casual expert supporter of a club that has spent the last twenty years in Scotlands lowest senior football league.

Charity begins at home springs to mind.

Anybody know what a casual observer is??

Edited by SandyCromarty

I would describe ‘casual observer’ as somebody who follows football at all levels but not closely enough to offer any in depth knowledge of a particular club. Hope that helps.

Where my team is, or should be, or could be, is an irrelevance. Do you disagree with my assessment?

12 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Doesnt matter. As pointed out previously John Robertson could be left with 5 players, 4 fans, a mascot and the tea lady and still have it sitting 3rd or 4th at the end of the season!