"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

Rooney was very much an attacking full back. I'd be surprised, no I'd be shocked if Robbo decided to do away with four at the back. I don't remember him ever not having four at the back.

We had three at the back for a time in the lower leagues under 'Pele' Paterson,. scoring goals for fun but also giving away a few.

Yeah. I'd agree it's unlikely seeing as he did say he would sign a RB also. But we just don't really have one of those now.

Tremarco seeing red on a second yellow and Vigurs, Draper and McKay subbed.

Before todays Livi game one RC poster said that they were bound to beat Rangers and Hibs as Ross County are massive?

Two wins out of six games would hardly suggest that.

I forgot to add Kettlewell's red card.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Latest podcast is out now with a chat around the last few months including a look at the comings and goings from the club, who will make the step up from our crop of youngsters and a chat with First Team Coach Barry Wilson.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/barry-wilson-and-the-speculation-society/

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

When do we start training again? Usually good for a few trialists coming in.

Barry Wilson talks about this on the pod linked above.

9 hours ago, sophia said:

and

You won't BELIEVE what the date is.

I think it was 10th September he mentioned making us the last side in the Championship to return to training.

Edited by RiG

On 24/08/2020 at 12:46, RiG said:

Forgot to post about this last week but there's another Best XI chat with all round lovely chap Gary Warren available to listen to if you like that sort of thing.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/best-xi-gary-warren/

Good to see the discussion pods back.  I enjoy them a lot more than the Best XIs.  

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Good to see the discussion pods back.  I enjoy them a lot more than the Best XIs.  

Best XIs were mainly filler pieces until we had some more football to talk about. I liked them but I definitely prefer a podcast that has a bit more "current" football chat along with some discussion with a current / former player and maybe getting views of opposition fans like we did in the game against Dunfermline last season.

Hopefully we can have a good mix of everything to keep everyone happy.

Edited by RiG

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Best XIs were mainly filler pieces until we had some more football to talk about. I liked them but I definitely prefer a podcast that has a bit more "current" football chat along with some discussion with a current / former player and maybe getting views of opposition fans like we did in the game against Dunfermline last season.

Hopefully we can have a good mix of everything to keep everyone happy.

It's not that I don't enjoy the Best XIs, but as a lot of them are players from the same era there's at times not as much new information as they go on.  

Also, bring back the Nightmare XI please!

12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

It's not that I don't enjoy the Best XIs, but as a lot of them are players from the same era there's at times not as much new information as they go on.  

Also, bring back the Nightmare XI please!

Yeah that's definitely a fair comment. I dod like it when they reveal a few stories about former players but can defiinitely see why it's a bit "samey". The Nightmare XI will be back soon as well!

On 30/08/2020 at 13:46, ICTChris said:

When do we start training again? Usually good for a few trialists coming in.

This Monday coming they said when I was down at the stadium picking up the new strip for my kid this week. 

One of the discussions on the podcast was in regards to the new right back.  I recollect someone saying on an earlier Best XI that Mckay doesn't like playing full-back.  I'd imagine Toshney isn't quick enough nor will stay fit long enough to make the position his own.  I believe Sean Welsh played at full backs at times for Partick but we'd lose a lot by taking him out of the middle, same for Carson.  Is Vincent an option?  You'd imagine Carson and Welsh would be the first choice midfield partnership.  Vincent played there in the cup final - he's seems athletic and skilful enough to link up with the midfield while going up and down the flank.  He did play on the wing under Hughes but wasn't so effective but I wonder if he was played at full-back he'd be more effective linking up with the central midfielders.