"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

So between Meekings, Ross, Williams and Vincent (any one else?) did any of our former players look decent for the Dees? Quite bizarre how so many players look excellent for us yet as soon as they move on they turn into utter diddies. Don't know if they are under less pressure or something at ICT but we do seem to have a knack of getting the best out of a lot of players.

Nick Ross was a cracking wee player tbf. Dunno why Hartley decided to get rid. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Bobby Mann was also a rock if we are going further back.

ETA:

Your point is spot on though. Seems to be the case with managers as well. Terry Butcher & Craig Brewster being the most notable. Even John Robertson - Most clubs wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole before you appointed him again yet he's rebuilt his stock as the best manager in the league.

Edited by Ludo*1

On 29/06/2020 at 16:02, Ludo*1 said:

Nick Ross was a cracking wee player tbf. Dunno why Hartley decided to get rid. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Bobby Mann was also a rock if we are going further back.

I mind when Mutumbo hacked Ross down needlessly and he (Mutumbo) got an utter bollocking from the ICT support as he trudged off. Stupid c**t.

Edited by RiG

52 minutes ago, RiG said:

So between Meekings, Ross, Williams and Vincent (any one else?) did any of our former players look decent for the Dees? Quite bizarre how so many players look excellent for us yet as soon as they move on they turn into utter diddies. Don't know if they are under less pressure or something at ICT but we do seem to have a knack of getting the best out of a lot of players.

Meekings turned down a contract extension which would indicate a lower salary was offered, could be Timmy Keyes is cutting back financially which would make sense in the present crisis, Keyes Capital, founded by Daddy Keyes after he left Johnson Controls, have a broad investment portfolio but two areas they are in, automotive and real estate, are in a hole presently.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Meekings turned down a contract extension which would indicate a lower salary was offered, could be Timmy Keyes is cutting back financially which would make sense in the present crisis,

This is all public knowledge already.

Really not sure how to feel about Meekings coming back (if he does), him and Warren strolled the cup winning season but I don’t think he’s been great since he left. Would like to see him and another centre half coming in because Brad McKay is a bombscare and Toshney seems to be made of glass 

46 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Meekings turned down a contract extension which would indicate a lower salary was offered, could be Timmy Keyes is cutting back financially which would make sense in the present crisis, Keyes Capital, founded by Daddy Keyes after he left Johnson Controls, have a broad investment portfolio but two areas they are in, automotive and real estate, are in a hole presently.

What an utterly bizarre post. 

It’s been happening for 25 years. Players who everyone thinks are shite sign for The Caley and become competent and sometimes brilliant. 

Likewise I’d say a high percentage of players who leave us for another Scottish team turn into utter shite. Which I really enjoy seeing.

Just now, TheScarf said:

It’s been happening for 25 years. Players who everyone thinks are shite sign for The Caley and become competent and sometimes brilliant. 

Likewise I’d say a high percentage of players who leave us for another Scottish team turn into utter shite. Which I really enjoy seeing.

See: Rooney, Shuan

From what I can see we have the following players signed up for next season. Looks like we need players in pretty much every position. I'm excited by Harper but that defence is absolutely shite. A right back and right midfielder as well as a striker would be smashing. Centre of midfield is okay but if we can find a gem out there that would be useful given Welsh is always injured.

ICTFC.png.238730b98185fd7502d7c0769fd1ec8b.png

Edited by RiG

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's always strange when you chat to people who support other clubs and they're so dismissive about certain players.  I've had people tell me Ian Black was "rubbish" - he was a fantastic player for us.  Mark Brown is another - he wasn't great elsewhere but he was superb for us.

From what I can see we have the following players signed up for next season. Looks like we need players in pretty much every position. I'm excited by Harper but that defence is absolutely shite. A right back and right midfielder as well as a striker would be smashing. Centre of midfield is okay but if we can find a gem out there that would be useful given Welsh is always injured.

No Shane Sutherland?

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

See: Rooney, Shuan

You see, St Johnstone also have a history and taking players other fans slate, turning them into quality, and then seeing them leave and turn to shite again.

Our first choice left back was rated as one of Port Vales worst ever players, as an example.

The ICT - St Johnstone transfer is one that doesnt follow usual guidelines.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

It's always strange when you chat to people who support other clubs and they're so dismissive about certain players.  I've had people tell me Ian Black was "rubbish" - he was a fantastic player for us.  Mark Brown is another - he wasn't great elsewhere but he was superb for us.

And how about players who shined with us and went on to do well elsewhere, Barry Robson dropped by Rangers, Jonny Hayes dropped by Leicester to name a couple.

18 hours ago, weirdcal said:
23 hours ago, RiG said:

No Shane Sutherland?

Ah crap. I just went with who was listed on the club website. Forgot about Sutherland.

On 29/06/2020 at 17:24, Central Belt Caley said:

Really not sure how to feel about Meekings coming back (if he does), him and Warren strolled the cup winning season but I don’t think he’s been great since he left. Would like to see him and another centre half coming in because Brad McKay is a bombscare and Toshney seems to be made of glass 

Was it only in his last season 15-16 that Meekings got injured (wiki has nothing else apart from that knee injury)? He signed in 2011, broke into the team a year later (I can remember Butcher playing him as a full-back at Motherwell and we got hammered 4-1, when it was obvious he could be a decent centre-half).
I have a vague memory of him getting a serious injury before 2015 and never being the same player again. Fractured skull maybe or perhaps that was me 😂
Anyway in the early days I would have fancied him to move for decent money, maybe the champ in England.

Edited by The Mantis
Fucking autocorrect

On 29/06/2020 at 17:53, Highland Capital said:

Do you mean Caley fans saying Ian Black was rubbish for us?  He was one of our best players for nearly five years, he was absolutely brilliant.