"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 12/06/2020 at 13:32, RiG said:

New episode of The Wyness Shuffle featuring an interview with ICT CEO Scot Gardiner is out now:

Really good listen that, Gardiner comes across really well. 
Wonder if now that we know we’ll be in Championship next season, we’ll see some of the younger lads he mentioned get resigned 

Guest Axle Grease
13 hours ago, RiG said:

There was genuine concern at the club that Robbo may be off in the summer so I'm absolutely delighted he's signed this extension.

Alan Simpson is a fucking moron. Who cares what he thinks. Robbo is by no means perfect but I genuinely struggle to think of someone else we could get in to do a similar job as he has done.

So he's not off to Hearts then? 

17 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

He didn't fare too well with them in season 2004/2005 when he got sacked after 7 months when Romanov took charge, I was surprised at the time because he didn't do too badly with the team. 

He has loads more experience now  and could do a good job for them

Didn't we beat them 0-2 at Tynecastle when he was Hearts Manager ( please confirm Mantis), I remember us singing Robbo Robbo gie us a wave and he fuckin did, good on him. 

Ah yes. Dods and Wilson. Altogether now “Thank you very much for taking Robbo, thank you very very very much!”

Mind you, pure class at Easter Road this season. Hibs 5-1 up and asking Robbo what the score was. He didn’t waste any time holding up the required number of fingers 😂

25 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Ah yes. Dods and Wilson. Altogether now “Thank you very much for taking Robbo, thank you very very very much!”

Mind you, pure class at Easter Road this season. Hibs 5-1 up and asking Robbo what the score was. He didn’t waste any time holding up the required number of fingers 😂

Aye another great day out Mantis, as good as the 1-3 SC game with Bagan's wonder goal and a great win at the bookies fer me.

17 hours ago, RiG said:

There was genuine concern at the club that Robbo may be off in the summer so I'm absolutely delighted he's signed this extension.

Alan Simpson is a fucking moron. Who cares what he thinks. Robbo is by no means perfect but I genuinely struggle to think of someone else we could get in to do a similar job as he has done.

All that two year contract extension instead of a one year means is that we'll get a heftier wedge if he does go, and with hearts in the state of flux they're in it is a possibility, or how about St Johnstone as that is not a great distance commute from his home here in Inverness.

Edited by SandyCromarty

32 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

All that two year contract extension instead of a one year means is that we'll get a heftier wedge if he does go, and with hearts in the state of flux they're in it is a possibility, or how about St Johnstone as that is not a great distance commute from his home here in Inverness.

Chances are there's a clause in it acknowledging he can leave for a set compensation figure if a Premiership job is offered. People get far too concerned about the length of contracts. Most of them have some sort of break terms in them.

4 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

So he's not off to Hearts then? 

If he does go then at least we might get more money from Hearts.

Edited by RiG

2 hours ago, RiG said:

If he does go then at least we might get more money from Hearts.

Tremarco not too happy with your CEO's words in your interview I see.

If Robbo had gone (or if he were to leave in the near future), we're probably in our worst position ever for attracting a new manager.  If you look at the options, promoting from the inside wouldn't really be option.  I wouldn't fancy Kellacher or Barry Wilson taking over.  We could give the job to a recently retired (or approaching retirement) player but that would be a risk.  Then the final option, and the most likely, would be giving it to someone out of a job.  In that case you'd be looking at someone like Neil McCann,  Barry Smith or Alan Simpson's beloved Peter Houston and I wouldn't fancy any of them.  Some would say John Hughes but I wouldn't want to look backwards.

In terms of our current squad, we're probably one of the better clubs at the moment - we could actually put a decent starting XI on the pitch!  But is there anyone out there who we'd be able to attract better than the incumbent?  I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

What was said?

Dunno what Gardiner said but Tremarco replied to the Tweet of the podcast being posted with:

And then there were a few comments underneath his tweet saying along the lines of 'can't believe he said that.' And 'Well done for setting the record straight'.

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How long are we thinking before John Robertson claims he's been tapped up, guys? 

Wednesday? 

He has already, he's been invited to manage next week in Sheffield but he can't do Wednesday

Just been made aware of the hilariously awkward reveal of the Ross County strips:

We've had some absolute minters off the pitch for the last few years but JFC, I nearly burst my cringe pipe watching that! "More than a football club" :lol: 

Just been made aware of the hilariously awkward reveal of the Ross County strips:
We've had some absolute minters off the pitch for the last few years but JFC, I nearly burst my cringe pipe watching that! "More than a football club" [emoji38] 
Why does the home one look like a da has pulled a top on over a white shirt and red tie?