"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Better?

You might think of this name change as a simple merger into a new era but me and many thousands more will not accept it and this takeover deprives us of the continuance of our history and birthright.

Quite enjoyed that podcast.  Gardiner came across better than I thought he would.  Finally someone at board level realises that the stadium is in dire need of an makeover.

Edited by Highland Capital

Still no news of season ticket sales for ICT unlike other clubs which have gone ahead and have seen fans keen to purchase and help their clubs during this financial meltdown.

I can only assume that the club are foolishly holding on to the forlorn hope that we will be promoted and prices will be higher.

If that is the case then the reality is that any momentum is lost.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Still no news of season ticket sales for ICT unlike other clubs which have gone ahead and have seen fans keen to purchase and help their clubs during this financial meltdown.

I can only assume that the club are foolishly holding on to the forlorn hope that we will be promoted and prices will be higher.

I keep seeing things like this but the reality is few clubs have started selling season tickets in such uncertain times. Dundee have, Hearts have. Thistle did but arent in this league any more. Last I looked no other Championship side had. 

With the low chance of promotion still lingering, the talk about a 27 game season if remaining in championship etc I assume we are keeping powder dry until we know what is happening.
I will continue my tradition of not buying one however out of principal.

Principal being it's an absolute fucker of a trip for me to get to home games, or away games, or any games really

I see someone on CTO reckons we've re-signed Mitch Curry because he's changed his photo on Facebook.

Why are our fans adding players (whom I assume they don't know personally) on Facebook?  Why would we be re-signing Curry when he was pish?

Edited by Highland Capital

18 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I keep seeing things like this but the reality is few clubs have started selling season tickets in such uncertain times. Dundee have, Hearts have. Thistle did but arent in this league any more. Last I looked no other Championship side had. 

8 out of the 12 Premiership clubs are selling 2020/2021 season tickets.

Yes only Hearts and Dundee in the championship have followed suit so far.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

8 out of the 12 Premiership clubs are selling 2020/2021 season tickets.

Yes only Hearts and Dundee in the championship have followed suit so far.

Well yes but the Premiership already know when they are coming back and have far better certainty of the quality of their tv coverage for streaming as Sky are filming. Thats not a reasonable comparison. Unless this last ditch reconstruction happens you are not in the Premiership.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 11/06/2020 at 17:48, Skyline Drifter said:

Jordan White is the latest in an ever growing list of bang average Championship players John Robertson has somehow managed to get an extra 10% out of. Its remarkable the way he keeps doing it.

Still a step up to the Premiership is even more surprising for him than for Rooney. He is a very poor man's Lyndon Dykes. Cant see him starting regularly for Motherwell though Stephen Robinson is no fool either so he obviously sees something there.

Almost as if John Robertson is a better judge of player than any of us.  If Lyndon Dykes can become an almost international player, Jordan White can be a regular at Premiership level.  Nonetheless, I'd be amazed if he isn't a Ross County player this time next season (whenever that is, if you get my drift).

Rooney... not so much.  I have no idea what St Johnstone are playing at there.

On 13/06/2020 at 22:06, Savage Henry said:

Rooney... not so much.  I have no idea what St Johnstone are playing at there.

We played much of the second half of last season with a back three, and a right winger playing as a wing back, so if Rooney offers anything going forward then that's where he'll fit.

Hes also a "profile signing".

23 or under. Scottish. Over 100 games in the lower tiers.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We played much of the second half of last season with a back three, and a right winger playing as a wing back, so if Rooney offers anything going forward then that's where he'll fit.

Hes also a "profile signing".

23 or under. Scottish. Over 100 games in the lower tiers.

Rooney is excellent going forward. He has come on massively in the defensive side of the game too. I reckon he will be a solid signing.

46 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Shite, was hoping he could piss off. Good deal there for Caley.

I'm quite surprised actually given that Hearts will probably be looking for a new manager very soon.  Unless he's signed a new deal with one eye on Hearts coming in for him, to make sure ICT get a good deal out of it.

25 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm quite surprised actually given that Hearts will probably be looking for a new manager very soon.  Unless he's signed a new deal with one eye on Hearts coming in for him, to make sure ICT get a good deal out of it.

He didn't fare too well with them in season 2004/2005 when he got sacked after 7 months when Romanov took charge, I was surprised at the time because he didn't do too badly with the team. 

He has loads more experience now  and could do a good job for them

Didn't we beat them 0-2 at Tynecastle when he was Hearts Manager ( please confirm Mantis), I remember us singing Robbo Robbo gie us a wave and he fuckin did, good on him. 

There was genuine concern at the club that Robbo may be off in the summer so I'm absolutely delighted he's signed this extension.

Alan Simpson is a fucking moron. Who cares what he thinks. Robbo is by no means perfect but I genuinely struggle to think of someone else we could get in to do a similar job as he has done.