"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Funny there's been no mention of the away top yet.
The same but black and red...
Third is black and blue

I'm making this up

There seems to be mixed messages about the way top.  I've heard the red and black Thistle-esque top batted about, though there's been talk of a pink kit as well.  Weird that they weren't all announced together.

The black and red top is a fan made effort from one of the Puma template kits. It will almost certainly be pink, a charity effort like Partick did a few seasons back. I would surmise that the club is finalising a tie up with whatever charity is involved to do a joint promo for the kit.

Seems the Family White is having a major influence on this poll. Feel free to vote if you haven't already to help choose The Wyness Shuffle Player of the Year...

On 05/06/2020 at 13:12, Highland Capital said:

I think that's one of the nicer tops we've had.  The only thing I don't like is the way the badge is - looks like a sticker.

Edit - Is it even on the shirt?  Looks like it's Photoshopped on!

THIS! It is  concerning me that the puma logo and badge could fall off on a 3rd wash. Reminds me of the Cabrini pish we had few years back. 

Whats the lowdown with Jordan White boys..

Is he your archetypal big #9? His goal record doesn't seem to be amazing but maybe I'm missing the full story!

We are meant to be announcing him in the coming days.

3 hours ago, Luke92 said:

Is he your archetypal big #9? His goal record doesn't seem to be amazing but maybe I'm missing the full story!

He is shite.

Maybe that’s being a bit harsh but he is a mid-lower championship player. His finishing is pretty horrific. I found him very frustrating, he would have a game where he looked brilliant as a target man but then for the next 6 look awful.

Won’t be missed at all.

Edited by PB1994

34 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He is shite.

Maybe that’s being a bit harsh but he is a mid-lower championship player. His finishing is pretty horrific. I found him very frustrating, he would have a game where he looked brilliant as a target man but then for the next 6 look awful.

Won’t be missed at all.

shirley he'd be missed approximately 14.2857% of the time?

There's no doubting White's work rate but for a big guy his aerial threat is minimal.  If you play as a passing game he came hold the ball up quite well and draw the foul, getting you ground up the park.  He's reasonable enough at Championship level, but I don't think he can cut it in the Premiership.

7 hours ago, Luke92 said:

Posted this in the Well thread back in April FWIW. I don't think he's as bad as some make out but I'm pretty surprised he has gotten a move to someone like Motherwell. I guess he'll just be back up for you guys for the most part.  

On 16/04/2020 at 21:05, RiG said:

Still surprised to see White linked with Premiership sides. He's not overly prolific but he does work hard and can work well even by himself up front but he is surprisingly poor in the air considering his height. I'd imagine he will be lucky to bag double figures for a Premiership side but maybe with some better quality setting up chances for him that might see a better return. I like him but wouldn't be losing too much sleep if we did lose him. I suspect he'd be quite keen to return to the central belt.

Wee plug for our ICT podcast The Wyness Shuffle but we spoke with White last weekend if anyone wants to hear him speak about his time at ICT - https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/the-whitecafu-show/

8 hours ago, Luke92 said:

Liam Polworth was a good signing for you, White will be a bench warmer in the premiership.

Jordan White is the latest in an ever growing list of bang average Championship players John Robertson has somehow managed to get an extra 10% out of. Its remarkable the way he keeps doing it.

Still a step up to the Premiership is even more surprising for him than for Rooney. He is a very poor man's Lyndon Dykes. Cant see him starting regularly for Motherwell though Stephen Robinson is no fool either so he obviously sees something there.

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jordan White is the latest in an ever growing list of bang average Championship players John Robertson has somehow managed to get an extra 10% out of. Its remarkable the way he keeps doing it.

Still a step up to the Premiership is even more surprising for him than for Rooney. He is a very poor man's Lyndon Dykes. Cant see him starting regularly for Motherwell though Stephen Robinson is no fool either so he obviously sees something there.

The change in Rooney from his first season to his second was amazing.  In his first season he was a total headless chicken who couldn't go two games without having some kind of disaster, to in his second being a strong defender yet also one of our most dangerous attackers.