"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

They were just shite tbf but I don’t think it helped that he alienated a few different guys at the club and then threw them all under the bus after the St Mirren game.

However whilst guys like Bobby Barr hated him, Ryan Stevenson still claimed he was a good manager although I think he had retired by the time things started to get ugly.

Was it when Yogi was there that Raith had to play Stevenson in goals for a game? Think it might’ve been against Ayr? 

El Alagui scored the only goal of that game. I remember that well. Was listening to Sportsound walking home from the shops when it was announced Stevenson would be playing in goals, absolutely bolted it to get on the laptop and put heavy money down on an Ayr win and -1 and I think -2 before the bookies knew what was going on. Ended being up, but wasn't pleased with how shite-house Ayr were up front. 

Was it when Yogi was there that Raith had to play Stevenson in goals for a game? Think it might’ve been against Ayr? 

El Alagui scored the only goal of that game. I remember that well. Was listening to Sportsound walking home from the shops when it was announced Stevenson would be playing in goals, absolutely bolted it to get on the laptop and put heavy money down on an Ayr win and -1 and I think -2 before the bookies knew what was going on. Ended being up, but wasn't pleased with how shite-house Ayr were up front. 

Aye and we were every bit as bad as Raith that night. El Alagui had a header after about a minute or so and Stevenson pulled off a brilliant save. In the end up the goal we scored wasn’t even Stevenson’s fault.

Playing without an actual striker for about 3/4 of the season does lend itself to us being a bit “shite-house up front”.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Didn't Hughes get the Raith groundsman to do a prematch team talk?

He said that but one of the players revealed on the Pele podcast that it was nonsense.

In regards to the Stevenson in goal stuff, was there not another way they could've brought a keeper in but he didn't realise it?

Edited by Highland Capital

37 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

He said that but one of the players revealed on the Pele podcast that it was nonsense.

In regards to the Stevenson in goal stuff, was there not another way they could've brought a keeper in but he didn't realise it?

There were alternatives but you cant lay that one at the managers door. That one was on club admin.

Apparently we are getting a statement at some point today / tomorrow. Doran supposedly staying but so is Mckay (allegedly). Walsh is gone sadly and although it looked like there may be a chance Tremarco might be with us next season it seems increasingly unlikely. Should get an update on strips as well in the next few days.

Edited by RiG

He's probably paying us to play. Disappointed Walsh is leaving. Given he's been injured for half the time he's been at the club I thought he might hang around for another season but he's probably got something lined up closer to home.

He's probably paying us to play. Disappointed Walsh is leaving. Given he's been injured for half the time he's been at the club I thought he might hang around for another season but he's probably got something lined up closer to home.

Given he’s from Troon I hope he’s coming back closer to home.

A bit disappointed that pretty much all the young boys that went out to Fort William have been released. Thought some of them had a bright future going by Charlie Christie’s comments on the Wyness Shuffle but bottom of the highland league to top of the championship is a big step up 

53 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

A bit disappointed that pretty much all the young boys that went out to Fort William have been released. Thought some of them had a bright future going by Charlie Christie’s comments on the Wyness Shuffle but bottom of the highland league to top of the championship is a big step up 

Being part of the silver tier (or whatever it's called) of Project Brave costs us £500,000 a year for our youth setup apparently. Surprised we have maintained it given the costs and how few youngsters actually come through from it. Any that do we lose for buttons anyway. Doesn't seem to be value for money.

But then again, if some of these young guys are as good as is made out surely they are better than keeping someone like Brad Mckay on...

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Being part of the silver tier (or whatever it's called) of Project Brave costs us £500,000 a year for our youth setup apparently. Surprised we have maintained it given the costs and how few youngsters actually come through from it. Any that do we lose for buttons anyway. Doesn't seem to be value for money.

But then again, if some of these young guys are as good as is made out surely they are better than keeping someone like Brad Mckay on...

I'd imagine that'll be getting knocked on the head by a number of teams.

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

This is the evil conundrum and it was set out in the begging bowl egm a few months back.

The sfa scheme, virus or no virus was and is clearly unsustainable but without developing generations for potential greatness, is Bad Mckay all there is?

At this juncture I'd like to edge towards kindness as far as Mr Mckay is concerned and notwithstanding his Easter Road disgrace, there's lots of potential for improvement and the thought of seeing him again might not necessarily mitigate against me renewing my season ticket.