"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

He’s basically Danny Devine.

Potentially, but we were told similar about Mark Ridgers, who now has statistically the best record of a Championship goalkeeper for each of the last 3 seasons. Also told it about Coll Donaldson who has been one of the best defenders in the league, and Shaun Rooney who has been very good for us. The list goes on, we get the best out of players.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're also now being linked with Shaun Rooney, on a PCA.

We're desperate for defensive reinforcements, so a small chance we'd chuck you a small fee just now to bring him in if we were able to sign him up.

Doesn't sound overly promising what seems to get said about him here tbh, but we're a bit desperate for a right back who can offer something in attack, as our only one just now (Anthony Ralston) literally trips over the ball more than he crosses it.

Ralston is a better player tbh. 

It’s quite a Caley signing. A meh sounding perma-crocked Scottish journeyman that other fans constantly tell us is shite.

He could turn out good like a Ridgers, Rooney, Welsh, Donaldson etc or he could turn out to be a Brad McKay or Kevin McHattie.

He is not shite but he does have a disabled parking permit in his car...

At Airdrie a few weeks ago he done his hamstring and looked quite a bad one and his hand went up immediately and was taken off on a stretcher so doesn’t bode well for a 18 month deal but fair play to the guy and good luck.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

See we’ve been linked with a Shane Sutherland (again) not seen him play since Butcher insisted on playing on the wing all those years ago

He's scored 13 this season so far. Including today.

We tried to sign Sutherland on deadline day last January after we sold Oakley to Accies but he’d already signed for Peterhead. The Peterhead manager was quoted as saying that Sutherland wanted to sign for us but it couldn’t be worked out and it kind of ruined his time at Peterhead.

21 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

See we’ve been linked with a Shane Sutherland (again) not seen him play since Butcher insisted on playing on the wing all those years ago

Butcher was a very good manager for us, but there were some things about him that were infuriating and this was one of them.  When Sutherland was played up front he did look like he had some potential but was always wasted out wide which was so clearly not his position.

Butcher was a very good manager for us, but there were some things about him that were infuriating and this was one of them.  When Sutherland was played up front he did look like he had some potential but was always wasted out wide which was so clearly not his position.

I agree that Butcher was a very good manager for us, i remember the 2011/2012 season he insisted on playing Gregory Tade out wide aswell

He did sign some absolute gems from the English lower leagues that were found by Steve Marsella, but he did sign some absolute diddies aswell

A quick google search shows that Marsella is now working with the Philippines football federation

42 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I agree that Butcher was a very good manager for us, i remember the 2011/2012 season he insisted on playing Gregory Tade out wide aswell

He did sign some absolute gems from the English lower leagues that were found by Steve Marsella, but he did sign some absolute diddies aswell

A quick google search shows that Marsella is now working with the Philippines football federation

Butcher had a period of playing Draper as a winger as well for some reason.  I only found out the other day that Butcher is now a coach at a team in China.

On 11/01/2020 at 08:55, Snafu said:

https://caleythistleonline.com/topic/33639-game-off-ict-v-qos/comments?ct=1578732662

Is the ground sinking into the Moray Firth or is the Moray Firth claiming  back the land?

Time for a floating pitch me thinks.

Have you never heard of the Longman Aquifer ?!!

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Butcher had a period of playing Draper as a winger as well for some reason.  I only found out the other day that Butcher is now a coach at a team in China.

Nantong Narcissists ?