"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

By all accounts we were poor yesterday yet I am not surprised, the games we had against part timers Peterhead and Cove in the League Cup highlighted how we struggled when pressed and challenged for every ball and Neilson also saw this in the Dundee game.

Some posters dismissed the League Cup games as meaningless, shite and pre season and then enthused over a North of Scotland game against Lossiemouth who finished second bottom in the HL last season?

My point is that all competitive games regardless of which competition are important and we should have learned from the LC games and took the lessons learned into the league season, clearly we didn't and now we will probably have a lack of confidence into the next couple of games.

As for Shankland scoring four, fer feck's sake it wasn't as if he is some unknown quantity to us as how many times did we play AU last season? we should have had him covered, it's likely he would scored, but for him to score four is taking the piss on our part???

I don’t think you’ll find any posters who enthused over the Lossiemouth win. The League Cup games are effectively pre-season and won’t tell us how our season is going to go, and neither will a loss away to the best side in the league by a distance. That’s Shaun/Mahonio levels of jumping the gun.

We played at least 10 pre season games before the League Cup games.

How the LC games can be classed as pre season with a total purse of well over £2 million is beyond me.

As I mentioned it is more than clear that our struggles in the LC against two part time teams led to the defeat yesterday. 

Had you forgotten that East Fife beat "the best team in the League" 2-0 the week before at Tannadice and Shankland played the full 90 mins.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I don’t think you’ll find any posters who enthused over the Lossiemouth win. The League Cup games are effectively pre-season and won’t tell us how our season is going to go, and neither will a loss away to the best side in the league by a distance. That’s Shaun/Mahonio levels of jumping the gun.

Considering there was only about ten ICT fans at Lossie, I also don't see many people taking it that seriously.  The League Cup is a funny thing.  The one year we actually got through the group stage was under Foran and that included putting five past Dunfermline and seven past Arbroath.  We didn't carry that form into the league...

Considering there was only about ten ICT fans at Lossie, I also don't see many people taking it that seriously.  The League Cup is a funny thing.  The one year we actually got through the group stage was under Foran and that included putting five past Dunfermline and seven past Arbroath.  We didn't carry that form into the league...

The League Cup form has pretty much always translated into the opposite for us in the League season. The only season we actually got through was our worst season of the 4.

You see that stuff all the time. Dundee United were pretty terrible in the LC and got eliminated at the group stage in poorer fashion than ourselves, but apprently the LC is why we lost to them. The comment about the Lossie game is also bizarre, I posted about it to update people on some of our youngsters and wasn’t ‘enthused’ at all nor did I take it as an indicator of how our season would go. I don’t think anybody did.

Just watched Robbos post match interview, wonder who spat their dummy out ? My guess is his first name might be "Old "

Considering we only made 2 changes from last week and one was due to injury it really isn’t a question is it?

Daniel Mackay won’t make it at Caley. He will be released when his contract is up and will end up back at Elgin or bouncing around the Highland League.

MacGregor and Machedo are much better than him.

Quite happy for this to bite me in the arse in a few years time

Dearie me,

Daniel Mackay, 25 games for the club, youngest ever goalscorer for us, scored for the Scottish Schoolboys against England, played for the Scottish under 19's, and thought so highly by John Robertson and the club that he was given a 3 year deal in March of this year.

And now he's excess baggage?

Roddy McGregor is a good player and one for our future, but IMHO Machado is still very light and can be easily dispossessed on the ball in games I've seen him in, BUT as far as I know he has never played at a senior league or cup level to my knowledge and that as they say is a whole different ball game

Edited by SandyCromarty