"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

14 hours ago, Pulp said:

Mark Brown was class he just couldn’t save a pen if it was hit straight at him sadly

I think some people forget how good Mark Brown was for us.  He didn't seem to rekindle his form anywhere else and I think some people let that influence the way he was for us.  He was absolutely outstanding.  Did he not start 170 games straight or something?

I was in Drumnadrochit a while ago and saw someone wearing one of Michael Fraser's tops.

Are you sure it wasn’t him?

Mark Brown was a fantastic keeper, so reliable. I can’t really recall him making a single mistake for us.

On 02/06/2019 at 21:52, Wilson Robertson said:

Who’s got the most comedy top still in their possession? Ive still got my Juanjo one touch shirt for old times’ sake.

Craig Brewster top second time round

On 5/31/2019 at 12:35, ICTChris said:

Are you sure it wasn’t him?

Mark Brown was a fantastic keeper, so reliable. I can’t really recall him making a single mistake for us.

Obviously, a different era but he's up there with one of the worst I've ever seen play in the second tier when he was with Dumbarton - loved chucking things into his net whenever I seemed to watch him. Remarkable how a 'keeper can go from being so consistent to that state.

CTO is full of aliases and idiots who think footballers shouldn't be allowed a night out after a game where they haven't won.

" lets sign Miles Storey/James Vincent" or basically any player who has ever played for us ever, no matter how bang average they are. 

That idiot in the vest seems to think Storey is Messi , not a journeyman striker who has managed 4 goals in his last 64 games 

Edited by Oats

I gave up on CTO a while back and have no inclination to go back.  There used to be a time when it was a good site.  There were some good writers and quite a few fans were quite in the know in regards to rumours and goings-on and also, many were knowledgeable on tactics and were keen to discuss that side of the game.  In the last three or four years though it's become unbearable.  In the end I chucked it because it started to seem like a hassle.   Overzealous moderating, threads shut at the slightest hint of debate or going off topic and fans who'd become part of the club who'd look who'd look down upon us commoners.  The final straw though was the rise of the moron.  Some of the posters on there are absolute idiots, whether it be Alan Simpson and his obsession with bringing back mediocre ex-players like Storey and Mutombo (along with posts written in an eye-bleeding style) to bores like Wynthank whose obsession with Yogi Hughes and denigration of anyone who thinks he wasn't some sort of football god is tiresome in the extreme.

It seems nowhere near as busy a site as it once was and many posters seem to have drifted away in the last couple of years.  Does it have a future?  Maybe not.

Edited by Highland Capital

Yeah it's not the same names we saw prior to out relegation that you see on threads these days.  It's hard to get through a 3/4 page thread on there without wanting to set yourself on fire. 

The day CTO died for good for me was about 18 months ago.  The club for some reason had decided to have an 'Armed Forces Day'.  There was a big discussion about this on the site and some good debates going back and forth.  There was no nastiness and seering arguments, rather people debating the issue.  Of course with this type of topic people started discussing things like poppies and military worship.  Granted, slightly off topic but it was still an interesting read and there was no bitter arguments or anything.  Then, at the height of the debate, an overzealous moderator on yet another powertrip declared it had veered 'off topic' and was locked for good.  No-one posted on the entire site again for 48 hours.  That was the day CTO essentially died.

Too many sheep who blindly follow the board and don't like contrary opinions which may challenge beyond the surface. Couple that with the constant nostalgia and wanking over previous managers & players all the time its often tedious.

There are some very good users still on there who understand the concept of balanced debate & banter yet don't resort to blatant self-promotion or if they lack the vocabulary abuse of others. Unfortunately there are less of these as time passes, however I will also say that the lack of input form certain users over the last period is somewhat less of a chore to read through as well.

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I gave up on CTO a while back and have no inclination to go back.  There used to be a time when it was a good site.  There were some good writers and quite a few fans were quite in the know in regards to rumours and goings-on and also, many were knowledgeable on tactics and were keen to discuss that side of the game.  In the last three or four years though it's become unbearable.  In the end I chucked it because it started to seem like a hassle.   Overzealous moderating, threads shut at the slightest hint of debate or going off topic and fans who'd become part of the club who'd look who'd look down upon us commoners.  The final straw though was the rise of the moron.  Some of the posters on there are absolute idiots, whether it be Alan Simpson and his obsession with bringing back mediocre ex-players like Storey and Mutombo (along with posts written in an eye-bleeding style) to bores like Wynthank whose obsession with Yogi Hughes and denigration of anyone who thinks he wasn't some sort of football god is tiresome in the extreme.

It seems nowhere near as busy a site as it once was and many posters seem to have drifted away in the last couple of years.  Does it have a future?  Maybe not.

Absolutely spot on with yer observation, I have a look from time to time and cannot believe how some of the moderators overreact what to me is a little banter but to certain moderators it's highly derogatory and worthy of  a loaded gun warning, and yes the site is on it's knees due to this.

I came out of the site many many years ago when that self opinionated clown  Caley D was lording over the site. 

Mind you I always have a lot of time for Mantis and his weighted and sensible posts.

Edited by SandyCromarty