"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Not quite related to us anymore, but I see Nick Ross has signed a short term deal with Brora Rangers.

Wouldn't surprise me if we offered him a deal but he turned it down. Ian Black rejected us the other summer to stay with Tranent :lol:

"The Brora Bolt" ?

USAIN BOLT is on the verge of signing for Highland League side Brora Rangers. The Olympic sprint legend, 31, has long dreamed of becoming a professional footballer after hanging up his running spikes. He views the Highlands as being his stepping stone to bigger things. The Director of Brora and the man behind the sponsorship package is David Dowling. He responded:  "I think he is talented, but when he wants to play at a higher level, he clearly has a lot of work to do. The physique and skill set he needs for his other sport is completely different from what he needs for football. Brora should be fun for him and a real boost for us in many ways. It was a pleasure for us to meet a guy like him and offer him this unique opportunity." When approached  Bolt said: "I'm going there to get in shape. I'm glad that the club have allowed me to go, to work and improve. I am really looking forward to the tests at Strathspey and Fort William. Bolt is pictured (below) with the new Commercial Manager of Brora Rangers - Donald Dudgeon.

1508708924413.jpg

It's great to read that John Robertson has extended his contract and I agree that he's got the playing side of the club going in the right direction.

He's pulled off a great trick, especially when one considers the complete shambles Cameron left behind.

The fact that he's done so whilst competing against clubs with vastly inflated budgets is something for him and the players to be very proud of.

9 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Indeed.

It must be a worrying time for all associated with Leicester.

Imagine the turmoil that would be associated with losing the club kingpin and financier in such a fashion.

Tragic.

I have to agree.  He'd probably just slotted himself into the main first XI for good, but we can't condone this.  A few convictions we could let go, but not punching a woman.  A player I really liked, but we've got to sack him.

Edited by Highland Capital

I don't have a pitchfork but I do have a passing knowledge of HR procedures.

Summary dismissal isn't something that is easy to do and that's a good thing.

Whilst accepting the depravity of the event, I wouldn't want to join the mailish mob.