"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

33 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Has there been any movement on bringing Blair Yule in? Quite like the idea of returning to the Highland League market.

You never know what gems can be found in the HL, its worth keeping an eye on.

The club showing Duncan Shearer a lot of disrespect in its handling of his sacking. Cowardly as well to do it by voicemail.

Just when things were looking up and we have a new Chairman who talked about better communication. Has everything really changed?

John Robertson saying that the remaining young players still under contract will get their chance.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Young-players-will-get-a-chance-under-new-Caley-Thistle-boss-John-Robertson-15062017.htm

So I take it these players are now part of the first team. Don't know much about them, any real potential regular 1st team players there?

3 hours ago, CityDave said:

John Robertson saying that the remaining young players still under contract will get their chance.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Young-players-will-get-a-chance-under-new-Caley-Thistle-boss-John-Robertson-15062017.htm

So I take it these players are now part of the first team. Don't know much about them, any real potential regular 1st team players there?

I've been at a few Development League games over the last couple of seasons and while a fair chunk of the side were fairly mediocre, Andy MacRae really stood out.  Very quick and skillful and can play wide, up-front or as a number 10.  Very much in the style of Ryan Christie.

Bye bye Baird, good luck, did a job without ever being outstanding. We move on.

Sorry to clutter the ICT thread up with this, but that is extremely harsh. The first 6 months of the 2015/16 season he was outstanding. His hold up play was good, he was still pressing the ball and was banging the goals in. It's been a slow decline since January 2016 and he was played far too much last season and his return of 7 goals in 35 league games just wasn't good enough.

He's still got something to give in this league but he's not quite the player he was 18 months ago. His finishing has never been great (don't let him take penalties) his movement is quite poor as well but he's a grafter and will chase the ball down and work his arse off for the team.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Sorry to clutter the ICT thread up with this, but that is extremely harsh. The first 6 months of the 2015/16 season he was outstanding. His hold up play was good, he was still pressing the ball and was banging the goals in. It's been a slow decline since January 2016 and he was played far too much last season and his return of 7 goals in 35 league games just wasn't good enough.

He's still got something to give in this league but he's not quite the player he was 18 months ago. His finishing has never been great (don't let him take penalties) his movement is quite poor as well but he's a grafter and will chase the ball down and work his arse off for the team.

You can't fault his effort but he's past his best and needs to play every week as he's hopeless off the bench.

6 hours ago, CityDave said:

Decent article that - I'm now thinking this might not be such a bad appointment and sincerely hope the fans will get behind him... again. 

Butcher's first full season in charge - just after we were relegated last time was a stand out season for me when we overtook Dundee to win the title.

Good luck, Robbo - hopefully your enthusiasm for the club and the city of Inverness,  will see you emulate that one.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can't fault his effort but he's past his best and needs to play every week as he's hopeless off the bench.

He's 31 and judging him from 3 sub appearances is ludicrous, especially when you backed up McHugh sub appearances last season then would keep him to be truly awful again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him have another rejuvenated season at ict, I fear him more than I fear McHugh for next season

52 minutes ago, MrDust said:

He's 31 and judging him from 3 sub appearances is ludicrous, especially when you backed up McHugh sub appearances last season then would keep him to be truly awful again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him have another rejuvenated season at ict, I fear him more than I fear McHugh for next season

We needed better than both McHugh and Baird if we're going to win the league.

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We needed better than both McHugh and Baird if we're going to win the league.

No complaints there but you did back up McHugh re-signing and state Baird is past it at 31.... 

Sorry but Scottish fitba and realism is something required. Baird will do well for Inverness, Bob at Morton will be groundhog day, yet Bob is the winner in remaining full time for another 2yr

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:29, CityDave said:

Andrew Macrae is a stand out, watched him over the seasons in the development league and have been impressed by his steady progress, had a groin injury last year but I hope he is back up to full fitness as he deserves a first team place.

On 2017-6-3 at 00:06, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Consecutive relegations

We will enjoy the journey and will enjoy spreading the red and blue poond around the seaside leagues. This can only be good for Scottish football. 

3 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

We will enjoy the journey and will enjoy spreading the red and blue poond around the seaside leagues. This can only be good for Scottish football. 

you say that as if you carry a decent support.hopefully you bring more than a half full bus and 2 cars.

the red and blue pound.:lol:

Our team for next season looks nae bad. I'm surprised that there haven't been noises about Draper leaving to be honest, he would be a great addition for the majority of Premiership clubs and would probably cost a pittance.

Fon Williams
Raven Warren McKay Tremarco
Vigurs Draper
Mulraney Polworth Doran
Baird

Bench: Esson, McNaughton, Boden, Stark, Macrae, Gilchrist

Obvious weak points are up front (jobbers), out wide (crocks) and centre of defence (Warren verging on glue factory status and McKay not exactly reliable). I would be looking to add the following to that squad:

- Either an out-and-out centre half or utility player in the mould of Louis Laing;
- Backup creative central attacking midfielder (Shinniesta come home pls);
- Two wide midfielders / wingers;
- An actually decent striker.

Highland League strikers and the like are fine to fill the bench but not to be anywhere near the starting squad.

I expect a relegation fight tbh. Our squad is poor, stale and tired. We need an influx of five or six new first teamers and I'm not sure the new management team is best placed to build that. We're also up against a lot of established sides who aren't in as big a state of flux as we are.

Apparently we want to keep Laing and Robertson is in England after a few players. I asked my Fort William expert pal about Davidson, he said he's a good HL player but nowhere near good enough to step up to this level. I mean Yule was a standout in the HL for years and he's loved to Arbroath, a level down from us. Not sure Davidson will manage it, even on fitness.