"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

While I concede Robertson is a weird choice, why are the fans raging about it?  Not at the wind up btw, but didn't he do alright for you?  Or is it the way he left?

i'd rather he stayed at Hearts the rest of his life tbh, love having the wee man about the club.

Edited by Tony Wonder

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

While I concede Robertson is a weird choice, why are the fans raging about it?  Not at the wind up btw, but didn't he do alright for you?  Or is it the way he left?

i'd rather he stayed at Hearts the rest of his life tbh, love having the wee man about the club.

I'm of the opinion that you should never go back. Not fussed about the way he left us as it was to Hearts, much bigger club and the one where he was and still is a legend.

He's also not had a management job since 2012(?) and his CV ain't exactly glowing after leaving us.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

He was a good manager for us but it was 13-14 years ago.  The only names who we've been linked with have been utterly dispiriting jobbers or ex-players.  We made changes in the board but we don't seem to have any imagination, or ability or knowledge to try and appoint a manager to build something at the club.

To trundle back to appointing someone like Robertson is a joke.  Since he left us he was binned at Hearts, had about ten games at County, similar at Livingston and Derry City and then got sacked by East Fife.  He has a rotten record post-ICT and we need someone who can freshen up the team, get good new players in and do something a bit different at the club. 

26 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I'm of the opinion that you should never go back. Not fussed about the way he left us as it was to Hearts, much bigger club and the one where he was and still is a legend.

He's also not had a management job since 2012(?) and his CV ain't exactly glowing after leaving us.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

He was a good manager for us but it was 13-14 years ago.  The only names who we've been linked with have been utterly dispiriting jobbers or ex-players.  We made changes in the board but we don't seem to have any imagination, or ability or knowledge to try and appoint a manager to build something at the club.

To trundle back to appointing someone like Robertson is a joke.  Since he left us he was binned at Hearts, had about ten games at County, similar at Livingston and Derry City and then got sacked by East Fife.  He has a rotten record post-ICT and we need someone who can freshen up the team, get good new players in and do something a bit different at the club. 

Fair enough cheers for the replies, makes sense.  I was just wondering if there was another factor to it that I wasn't aware of.

5 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

What's the # all about in your signature? 

No idea. I've got signatures turned off. Didn't even know I had one :lol:

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

No idea. I've got signatures turned off. Didn't even know I had one :lol:

The people of Inverness doesn't deserve such a well run, currently very good football team. The place is filled with OF supporting fat c**t b*****ds who would rather sit in places like Lauders and The Keg on a saturday afternoon and finger their arseholes and watch Sky Sports News hoping their scummy team wins for the hundrenth time in a row.

Looking a bit dated now m8

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

The people of Inverness doesn't deserve such a well run, currently very good football team. The place is filled with OF supporting fat c**t b*****ds who would rather sit in places like Lauders and The Keg on a saturday afternoon and finger their arseholes and watch Sky Sports News hoping their scummy team wins for the hundrenth time in a row.

Looking a bit dated now m8

Oh aye that was a quote from The Scarf many, many years ago now. And yeah, it's pretty dated now especially with last seasons fun and games.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Big mistake if true.

Remember what happened when we took Brewster back?

Idiotic appointment! Same

You boys would be better getting Butcher and I hate that c**t more than wee fat robbo. 

I'm gathering it's the same incompetent twat doing the hiring now that appointed Foran?