Group A

JakeSAFC

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:25, Ray Vaughn said:

Quite pleased with the win at Forfar as Forfar outclassed is three times last season (I missed the January game up at Forfar when Stirling should have won)
Be interested in a Forfar fan's view of how they played compared to last season. If we can do the same against Brechin on Tuesday then I may just place a wee bet at the bookies.

Don't think it's unfair to say we have a worse side than we had last season at the moment, certainly a greatly reduced attacking threat

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the forfar game and with three of us getting in for a tenner we'll be encouraging that pricing model. Haven't seen forfar since the end of season game up there years ago when Duffy was in charge. Think it was 2-2. Don't know much about them and unsure if Houston will try out some fringe players or just go for the certain qualification and raising fitness approach. Nice to see some goals spread around in particular keen for loy to notch one early in his return.

A few players came in yesterday against Aberdeen and more than staked a claim for a place tomorrow .. We re light up front good enough players but don t score enough but that can change ... We terrible at defending corners but defence looks like it can be solid enough once thats sorted out ... You know what i d even start Isaac n Love see how that pans out 

Darren Dods has won 3 outta 12 cup games . 1 of them against Cove Rangers ...Club won t make money with record like that ... Hopefully with amount of chances we ve created tonight better times around corner... 

Guest Back Post Misses
Good to watch tonight. Less sideways and backwards passing moving the ball quickly. Bbc radio now talking us up unfortunately! Brechin here we come. Strong team please so we are seeded

The Under 20's are away so we will be picking from the same players.

When you hear people around the club saying things like maybe it would be better not to be seeded to get a big cash tie it makes you wonder why they are actually involved at all.

Guest Back Post Misses

People like who?

It was quoted on FFCTV tonight that there had been "chat" about it before the game. Read into that what you wish who was involved in the chat when we are potless again

Bbc saying we are already seeded for the knockout stages yet Houston saying we want to win at Brechin to guarantee seeding. Who's right? What is the ruling? Most points between all of groups? Top of group only? 8 groups they can't all be seeded with big teams still to enter. Think Houston is right

Good win for the Beanos tonight, once again being more than capable against a team from a higher league. Defended well ,broke well, and had chances to win by a higher margin. Brechin created a few openings but their finishing was awful (much like ICT last week). Isaac Layne is a joke of a footballer. Comedy gold from him tonight. 

We've looked good in this group other than the pasting in Grangemouth. Hopefully carry this into the real stuff in a couple of weeks. Not for the first time I'm optimistic about the season ahead, but this is the Albion. I've been here long enough to know it's never that straightforward!

Bbc saying we are already seeded for the knockout stages yet Houston saying we want to win at Brechin to guarantee seeding. Who's right? What is the ruling? Most points between all of groups? Top of group only? 8 groups they can't all be seeded with big teams still to enter. Think Houston is right

I believe it's the four teams with the best records that get seeded so we are not there yet.

I get the impression that Houstie will field a decent team on Saturday as he pointed out on the radio after the game how important it was to avoid the biggest sides as you mention.

So it sounds like whoever was suggesting that we should avoid being seeded around the club is being ignored anyway.

43 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good to watch tonight. Less sideways and backwards passing moving the ball quickly. Bbc radio now talking us up unfortunately! Brechin here we come. Strong team please so we are seeded

Funny how folk see things differently; I felt there was too much sideways stuff early on although we did start to get in behind as the game progressed.

Plenty positives to take; Hippo's goals, which were all fantastic, yet another from Fash and McKee was instrumental again with the defence looking comfortable. I thought Loy was looking a bit frustrated as he hasn't scored yet. That'll come though.

Thought the substitutions upset our rhythm a bit, much like the Albion game, which stopped us scoring more although I felt Sheps was unlucky.

Strangely enough I thought Forfar were a better side than Stirling were and their number's 10 & 11 both looked decent.

Hard to say if our performances so far give any indication of how we'll do in the league as we've had a fairly easy ride in all of our games. I suppose we'll soon find out!

Good win for the Beanos tonight, once again being more than capable against a team from a higher league. Defended well ,broke well, and had chances to win by a higher margin. Brechin created a few openings but their finishing was awful (much like ICT last week). Isaac Layne is a joke of a footballer. Comedy gold from him tonight. 
We've looked good in this group other than the pasting in Grangemouth. Hopefully carry this into the real stuff in a couple of weeks. Not for the first time I'm optimistic about the season ahead, but this is the Albion. I've been here long enough to know it's never that straightforward!

The suggestions were that Stirling were very poor at Falkirk which was my impression at the time and is probably true, but the form of both sides since then suggests it more to do with how well Falkirk are playing just now than you lot being a poor side.

10/1 for you to win league 2 looks tempting TBH. Hope you play this well when it matters though.

Archived