Group A

JakeSAFC

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

No chance you'll walk it.
My money is in the Arabs to coast it.

Not with their defence. The centrebacks are brutal and scobbie is one of the slowest left backs you'll ever see. We've got a far  stronger back 4 and with lot up front we're a lot stronger attack wise too. No-one will coast it this year.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Not getting carried away on a handful of performances, but if he can do the things he has been doing so far, then the laddie is a good player. Confidence, apllication, attitude or whatever the reasons have been for his developmemt stalling are side issues... The boy who fucking leathered us in the cup semi final second half is still in there without a doubt.

He just needed regular game time, just like most young players. Players like him Stanton and Handling were all decent players with potential to be good players. Happy for Harris.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Harris needs to get the finger out if hes going to be shite come August 5th.

A know, it's just no bloody good enough! If he's not big time pish next week we'll need to start pointing the scape goat stick at someone else!

Good performance from Falkirk today. That's the best team we have seen at the glebe so far. They weathered some early Brechin pressure then scored with virtually their first serious attack.  After that it was virtually one way traffic. Very sharp on the attack and some clinical finishing.  A good bet for at least a play off place I would reckon. 

As for us , we are showing in spells that we can play it about but the silly mistakes are costing us dear.  I don't know what Dyer was thinking about with that first goal. Totally sold himself . The second goal was a really slick passing move and finish. The third was a deflected shot but only after Harris wasn't closed down earlier.  

A lot to work on yet but   I think next week's game against QOS  might give us more of an idea of the teams we need to be beating .  

I would say I'm disappointed but not totally despondent yet. Disappointed at our lack of firepower up front but quietly optimistic that we are still able to create chances. It's going to be an interesting season for sure. 

On 26 July 2017 at 17:59, SandyCromarty said:

Forfar -  Hail to the most fabled game announcement in Scottish Football - East Fife five - Forfar four so far.

I'm sure Jimmy Gordon would have loved to announce it if it ever happened.

That score didn't happen, besides if it did as you put it then Bayview would've been the "hall"

Forfar 5, East Fife 4 did happen in the early '60s

Congratulations to Falkirk for an easy and well deserved group win, also well done Stirling for their very credible third place. 

As for today's match at Station Park I felt the Loons were unlucky not to get a draw against ICT. Inverness did not impress me today and I expected them to. Frankly they looked not much better than us and certainly know how to put the boot in. Shocking challenge from the no 16 who should've seen a straight red for his "challenge" on Coxy.

1 hour ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I told you he'd be a good signing. Shadwell will be in a huff.

If he turns it on against the likes of st mirren and du then I'll gladly hold my hands up on that one. However, I'm not going to get too excited about him after good pre season displays. 

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

Congratulations to Falkirk for an easy and well deserved group win, also well done Stirling for their very credible third place. 

As for today's match at Station Park I felt the Loons were unlucky not to get a draw against ICT. Inverness did not impress me today and I expected them to. Frankly they looked not much better than us and certainly know how to put the boot in. Shocking challenge from the no 16 who should've seen a straight red for his "challenge" on Coxy.

Inverness returning to the Bobby Mann etc days that they kick you off the park I see.

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

That score didn't happen, besides if it did as you put it then Bayview would've been the "hall"

Forfar 5, East Fife 4 did happen in the early '60s

Dearie Dearie me, look at my post again where I said the score was Fabled, as in Aesops's Fables that means the score is legendary, should I explain legendary?

And what the feck is the HALL?

Guest Back Post Misses
I told you he'd be a good signing. Shadwell will be in a huff.

He has been superb so far. Looks like he is a confidence player who needs his manager to believe in him

Archived