Group A

JakeSAFC

Guest Back Post Misses

Who quoted this?

One of the commentators said it 5 minutes before the start of the game. Thankfully the other one shot him down.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suggestions were that Stirling were very poor at Falkirk which was my impression at the time and is probably true, but the form of both sides since then suggests it more to do with how well Falkirk are playing just now than you lot being a poor side.

We were very poor against you lot tbf. Reckon you lot could get your hands on the title this season.

Guest Back Post Misses

The suggestions were that Stirling were very poor at Falkirk which was my impression at the time and is probably true, but the form of both sides since then suggests it more to do with how well Falkirk are playing just now than you lot being a poor side.

10/1 for you to win league 2 looks tempting TBH. Hope you play this well when it matters though.

Sorry but Albion were utterly shite.

Couple of great strikes for Hippo's first 2. His third reminded me of hus goal against Second, just enough power behind it to get it past a deflection. Best goal for me though was Fash's header. Great cross, superb placement.

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Bbc saying we are already seeded for the knockout stages yet Houston saying we want to win at Brechin to guarantee seeding. Who's right? What is the ruling? Most points between all of groups? Top of group only? 8 groups they can't all be seeded with big teams still to enter. Think Houston is right

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I believe it's the four teams with the best records that get seeded so we are not there yet.

I get the impression that Houstie will field a decent team on Saturday as he pointed out on the radio after the game how important it was to avoid the biggest sides as you mention.

So it sounds like whoever was suggesting that we should avoid being seeded around the club is being ignored anyway.

We're already guaranteed a spot in the last 16 but, by my reckoning, the seeding is still to be decided. It's the 4 best group winners (along with the 4 teams that were in Europe), so a win would guarantee we're seeded as there's only 3 other teams who can finish on 12 points. If we don't win, there's other permutations that would see us seeded, but I can't be f**ked working them out.

ETA: I'd be very disappointed, but not surprised, if there are people in the club who are prioritising a payday over a decent cup run. Can't see Houston taking Brechin lightly though, so hoping for another win.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

We're already guaranteed a spot in the last 16 but, by my reckoning, the seeding is still to be decided. It's the 4 best group winners (along with the 4 teams that were in Europe), so a win would guarantee we're seeded as there's only 3 other teams who can finish on 12 points. If we don't win, there's other permutations that would see us seeded, but I can't be f**ked working them out.

ETA: I'd be very disappointed, but not surprised, if there are people in the club who are prioritising a payday over a decent cup run. Can't see Houston taking Brechin lightly though, so hoping for another win.

You can rest your keeper n back 4 they wont be tested mark my words 

This will be a difficult game for us, whatever the result we look to be out of the reckoning to progress further in the Cup.

Due to what is a re-shaping of a team with many new players I believe that this competition has been used by Robertson to a assess the way forward for a team in the championship, given the timescale of his arrival and then scrambling around for players it was clear we were never going to light up this competition.

Forfar -  Hail to the most fabled game announcement in Scottish Football - East Fife five - Forfar four so far.

I'm sure Jimmy Gordon would have loved to announce it if it ever happened.

A wee look at how Brechins scores compare wi the group winners.

Stirling 2-0 Brechin - Falkirk 4-1 Stirling

Brechin 1-1 Forfar - Falkirk 4-0 Forfar

ICT 3-0 Brechin - ICT 0-2 Falkirk

1 point and 1 goal scored doesn't make good reading for Brechin fans.

Guest Back Post Misses
Only team to score against the mighty Bairns this season!

They were still utterly shite

They were still utterly shite

That we were, since then though we have taken Inverness to probably the worst penalty shoot out ever witnessed, bitched about League 1 Forfar away from home and easily beat Championship side Brechin.

If anything getting absolutely hammered off Falkirk helped the players realise they needed to get their fingers out, they did and now we look like a very good side.

Archived