Group A

JakeSAFC

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy win for Falkirk today, 3-0 down at halftime and though we improved a bit in the second half Falkirk ran out easy winners in the end. Next up Inverness on Tuesday night at Forthbank hope for a better performance and a home win :) fingers crossed. 

Easy win for Falkirk today, 3-0 down at halftime and though we improved a bit in the second half Falkirk ran out easy winners in the end. Next up Inverness on Tuesday night at Forthbank hope for a better performance and a home win [emoji4] fingers crossed. 

You'll need to improve massively to get anything from that game as at one stage a cricket score was looking possible.

In saying that, I hope you do.

Haven't been able to get to many games the past few seasons, so really enjoyed that today. 3-0 up at HT, but could easily have been double that. Eased off a bit after the fourth but still created a few chances. O'Hara looked particularly lively when he came on and could have had a couple. Stirling were rotten although their goal was well taken. Bigger test next week, but it's a good start.

That was the first game i've enjoyed watching in a wee while, not getting carried away as it was against league 2 opposition although the way we played with a bit more pace and adventure was pleasing to see, loy is the player we needed baird to be but never could all in all it wasn't bad.

still tho no true Falkirk fan can finish a post without a moan,  WTF Houston? kerr and miller on at 4-0 absolutely no need for it and o'hara should have been on at half time. mark kerr is someone you need when you are playing a better team than ourselves and we need to slow things down and break up play not when we are cruising against diddys with youngsters on the bench

Stirling Albion up there with the worst teams to visit the stadium in a competitive game. Could have been 7 or 8. Pathetic from them.

A bit unfair. They are a League 2 outfit after all.

But it could have been a lot more. Austin could have had a second half hat trick inside the first four minutes of the second half. Hope he gets a bit sharper over the next few games.

Guest Back Post Misses
That was the first game i've enjoyed watching in a wee while, not getting carried away as it was against league 2 opposition although the way we played with a bit more pace and adventure was pleasing to see, loy is the player we needed baird to be but never could all in all it wasn't bad.
still tho no true Falkirk fan can finish a post without a moan,  WTF Houston? kerr and miller on at 4-0 absolutely no need for it and o'hara should have been on at half time. mark kerr is someone you need when you are playing a better team than ourselves and we need to slow things down and break up play not when we are cruising against diddys with youngsters on the bench

These guys haven't played remember so they needed the game time. They were not in Hungary so are probably behind in terms of fitness. Houston needs everyone up to pace by August 5th

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

These guys haven't played remember so they needed the game time. They were not in Hungary so are probably behind in terms of fitness. Houston needs everyone up to pace by August 5th

^^^^^^ this. these boys need game time so when better to do it than when we have the game sown up. we need everyone match fit for the start of the season.

i know we have to wait until we are up against a better oponent but there was a lot of positivity with todays showing. taiwo/harris motm but gallagher, fash, mckee, luca, grant...... in fact no failures really that i can recall. kerr and miller looked of pace but as bpm mentioned they missed out on budapest so a bit of catch up required.

my biggest plus was we looked to have a really balanced team and were actually breaking from defence aero in particular made a few runs and harris will be a big player for us this year i feel, with pace but also likes to cut in. cant wait for the season to start.

43 minutes ago, spratte said:

^^^^^^ this. these boys need game time so when better to do it than when we have the game sown up. we need everyone match fit for the start of the season.

i know we have to wait until we are up against a better oponent but there was a lot of positivity with todays showing. taiwo/harris motm but gallagher, fash, mckee, luca, grant...... in fact no failures really that i can recall. kerr and miller looked of pace but as bpm mentioned they missed out on budapest so a bit of catch up required.

my biggest plus was we looked to have a really balanced team and were actually breaking from defence aero in particular made a few runs and harris will be a big player for us this year i feel, with pace but also likes to cut in. cant wait for the season to start.

Your not allowed to say anything other than Harris will be an absolute disaster..no bomber Harris gags allowed these days either ...we have been told he's pish so that's that 

8 hours ago, distresseduke said:

Your not allowed to say anything other than Harris will be an absolute disaster..no bomber Harris gags allowed these days either ...we have been told he's pish so that's that 

i thought the deal was he is allowed to good before the league starts because that doesnt count

Not looking too much into yesterdays result 6 regulars out ( no excuse ) but new faces in need time to gel ... Think most guys are back this week so a better peformance a must against Farfar ..By all accounts we started ok but were poor defending set pieces into box ( been a prob for 4/5 seasons now ).

I still feel we need another option up front does nt have to be a superstar just a big young lad who ll run all day been a pain in arse .. 

Stirling Albion up there with the worst teams to visit the stadium in a competitive game. Could have been 7 or 8. Pathetic from them.

If Falkirk were serious playoff contenders then it should have been 7 or 8.

But it wasn't.

If Falkirk were serious playoff contenders then it should have been 7 or 8.

But it wasn't.

Of course we lost to you last year but ended in the playoffs.

If Nathan Austin was fully match sharp yesterday it could have been double figures.

Archived