League Cup Group E

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Neither did most Ayr fans including myself.

Would actually take a reunion with the Pars at Somerset just to see how you'd do without Geggan and Moffat. I'd certainly fancy our chances with the start we've had.

Seeing as we've won 8 and drawn 3 of the last 11 games between us at Somerset, I would take our chances.

These runs have to end sometime I suppose.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing as we've won 8 and drawn 3 of the last 11 games between us at Somerset, I would take our chances.
These runs have to end sometime I suppose.

Very true, I can't remember the last team we had such a crap record against that we played regularly. An Ayr season wouldn't be complete in my opinion without at least one game against Dunfermline. It seems we've been playing you forever over the last few years and I've grown used to it.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Very true, I can't remember the last team we had such a crap record against that we played regularly. An Ayr season wouldn't be complete in my opinion without at least one game against Dunfermline. It seems we've been playing you forever over the last few years and I've grown used to it.

I find a different spot on the terracing at Somerset, just to keep things fresh. Sometimes I go to Ayr station, other times I'm lazy and opt for Newton-on-Ayr.

Awe rite. Much as it pains me to say it, but the Darkies fully deserve to sit top of the group.

I know that no one saw it coming, especially them, but they're there on merit,  well done.

I'm also going to put some well earned money on them strolling their diddy league.

You won your final on the first game and I hope you enjoyed it, cause I certainly f****g didny.

But I really believe that game will have been a wake up call to our players and management and that both clubs will enjoy the season ahead.

Blue and white specs back on......Hope we get you in another round tho', you've had your fun and next time........................

Enjoyed that yesterday

Great wee setup down at Annan, with the exception of that plastic pitch and one slightly over-zealous steward that seemed determined to noise up the boys behind the goal to goad them into doing something that would let him fling them out

Wee social club must be a bit of a money spinner when teams with a good away following come down!

Stevo looking jaded but can still see him doing a job for Annan...hope its a success for Peter Murphy as well!

11 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Enjoyed that yesterday

Great wee setup down at Annan, with the exception of that plastic pitch and one slightly over-zealous steward that seemed determined to noise up the boys behind the goal to goad them into doing something that would let him fling them out

Wee social club must be a bit of a money spinner when teams with a good away following come down!

Stevo looking jaded but can still see him doing a job for Annan...hope its a success for Peter Murphy as well!

Always want to see ex-players doing well. We ripped them a new one and then some yesterday mind you.

What is it with stewards these days? Do they get commission/bonus for flinging someone out?

Ended up 3 of them trying to get a reaction from someone that celebrated a goal by standing up on 1ft high part of the fence with hands in the Ayr. 

Followed by a chorus of "If you've got a job in Annan, you're a steward"

1 turnstile open - joke

Frisking EVERYONE going in away end - joke

50 year old women getting frisked into an Annan game.

Full cavity searches at Gala bingo next!

IMG_6158.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG

aye i think the frisking was a bit much...especially someone like myself in just a jersey and shorts...like what am i actually going to conceal?

Plus they didn't check the inside of my hat or my shoes or my anal cavity, could have had a projectile hidden inside somewhere...you know how much needle is in this fixture, they done well to stop the 659 (fudged crowd figure) people killing each other in the streets of Annan town.

On the plus side, with all divisions of the police being drafted into the epicentre of the most violent fixture in Scottish League Cup history, it meant we were able to make it back up the A75 in jig-time :lol::lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

aye i think the frisking was a bit much...especially someone like myself in just a jersey and shorts...like what am i actually going to conceal?

Plus they didn't check the inside of my hat or my shoes or my anal cavity, could have had a projectile hidden inside somewhere...you know how much needle is in this fixture, they done well to stop the 659 (fudged crowd figure) people killing each other in the streets of Annan town.

On the plus side, with all divisions of the police being drafted into the epicentre of the most violent fixture in Scottish League Cup history, it meant we were able to make it back up the A75 in jig-time :lol::lol::lol:

they checked mine :lol:

We were in the ground for kick off, but missed the first goal waiting in the line for the pie stall!

Quite a tasty steak pie, lots of meat and a little bit of gravy, nice and tender, relatively good pastry to filling ratio but the pastry was on the dry side, 7/10

• 2 weeks later...

Archived