League Cup Group E

The fact that Ayr have had a week to chill won't be material - I'd wager an Ayr win in any case - but it should be borne in mind by our supporters. That's hard-going.

If there was ever a time to rest Gormley and start Osadolor it'd be now. He and Goodwillie will have the benefit of relatively fresh legs.

Something I think we should never lose sight of is just what a difference a player like Goodwillie makes. My god, we were bereft without him on Saturday. For me, it's worth the gate to see a player that good.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. When I say minging, I really mean re the general quality on show. God knows you don't watch League 2 for that though. Entertainment can be found at all levels, happily.

Definitely. In the last two home games Clyde have been poor in the first half and much-improved in the second. They lack quality in a few areas but it seems like Chapman has them looking like a team even at this stage of the season.

I agree with one or two of the post above that there's a few players in midfield, for example, that may not run matches but Chapman has worked with a lot of these guys before and got results. He has a bit more quality in this squad to go with them.

Reid was supposed to be fit for a debut for this game, presuming he is I think he would play centre back. 

I think we will be:

LINEUP111500855106732.thumb.png.86f941f0ac8f5f1add0f472e11051ad9.png

But I would prefer to go like this:

LINEUP111500855036155.thumb.png.4374f3489e700b6a5dbddb8553d8cf5e.png

Goodwillie could easily leave at some point as well. I'm not predicting Clyde to get promoted but early signs suggest the playoffs are within reach.

Playoffs lol I'm sure I heard that prediction last season many times.

9 hours ago, Threeattheback said:

Goodwillie could easily leave at some point as well. I'm not predicting Clyde to get promoted but early signs suggest the playoffs are within reach.

Well it would take a club to pay a transfer fee, and I don't see too many being able to do that. I also don't see many clubs being keen on paying a transfer fee for a guy with his past either.

Well it would take a club to pay a transfer fee, and I don't see too many being able to do that. I also don't see many clubs being keen on paying a transfer fee for a guy with his past either.

He's appealed the ruling which will go ahead in November, I believe. If he wins that and plays well I'm sure one or two would be willing to take a punt.

What length of contract is he on?

8 minutes ago, Threeattheback said:

He's appealed the ruling which will go ahead in November, I believe. If he wins that and plays well I'm sure one or two would be willing to take a punt.

What length of contract is he on?

I'm not sure they would. He's undeniably a very good player, but he hardly tore things up in the Premiership with Aberdeen and Ross County, and I can't see a club taking a risk.

He's on a 2 year deal I'm sure I read.

As mentioned on another thread, this is the best balanced Ayr team I've seen in years, Yes it's very early days however the team all look hungry, they appear to know their jobs and we've been playing with10 fully fit outfield players without any passengers and that's something which couldn't be said in the past couple of seasons. Our bench also looks very good and for probably the first time young McGuffie can hopefully be introduced to a winning team full of confidence rather than a doomed team with a backs to the wall outlook. 

As for Clyde, there's no doubt that Goodwillie will be a fantastic signing at this level and I'm sure he'll also be a major threat to us, but again we're full time now with confidence high and playing at home, so really we need to get the job done and we've go absolutely no excuses if we don't.

Here's to a good exciting game and hopefully a decent crowd tomorrow night.

I can exclusively reveal that the ignominy of Ayr beating us easily, combined with the meh nature of this cup means that Kilmarnock fans no longer have an interest in contributing meaningfully to this thread.

A very good day to you all.

Archived