League Cup Group E

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people behind me have spent the whole half calling Craig Barr Darren, and discussing why he's switched the #55. When the goal was announced they had a good laugh at how funny it was that the announcer thought he was called Craig.

Then they checked Twitter. Saw it was Craig, and are now in disarray.

Not the greatest half. Roy has missed a sitter, and David Gormley kicked his legs instead of the ball when he went clean through. That's about it.

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The people behind me have spent the whole half calling Craig Barr Darren, and discussing why he's switched the #55. When the goal was announced they had a good laugh at how funny it was that the announcer thought he was called Craig.

Then they checked Twitter. Saw it was Craig, and are now in disarray.

One of them is probably the guy that pompously announced on the Facebook page "correct me if I'm wrong, but Ayr are part time"

For the knockout stage, can you get drawn against a team that were in your group? Assuming one was seeded and one unseeded? Ie - if Ayr won the last 2 games and Killie came 2nd, could they get drawn v each other in last 16?

Much more enjoyable second half from Clyde's perspective.

Miller's corners caused Dumbarton all sorts of bother. Not surprising that both goals came from corners.

Wright and Ramsay also had a good second half, I thought. The defence looks a lot more solid than last season although Breslin was wayward with a number of passes. Breslin and Home not scared to put themselves in harm way to get the ball.

Thought Johnston would have much more success up against Home but can only remember once in the first half were Johnston used his pace to skip by him.

Barr in Dumbarton defence totally lost his cool towards the end of the second half. Wee kick at Osadolar and then give away a stupid free kick right at the edge of the box for dissent.

Much more optimistic for the league season having seen both our home games but then again we performed reasonably well in the league cup last season.

Didn't think much of Dumbarton with none of their players really standing out considering their league status.

Archived