Group D

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We struggled in front of goal today without doubt but could easily have had two or three in the first five minutes before Dick got his defence sorted out.

While we rarely threatened I didn't think there was very much in it until the second went in and Arbroath really stepped up a gear full of confidence and our patchwork side just couldn't live with them and I suspect that's where the majority of their positive attacking stats stemmed from.

While it's always awful losing a derby I think the boos from the traveling support were unwarranted today. We have too many first team players out injured forcing players to play out of position and Masson going off was a loss being replaced by inexperienced youth.

Obviously would rather a more positive performance today but not pushing any panic buttons just yet.

Oh and Simon, I was too feart to come round to the fence to listen tou your threats, maybe next time if I've had a drink.

We struggled in front of goal today without doubt but could easily have had two or three in the first five minutes before Dick got his defence sorted out.
While we rarely threatened I didn't think there was very much in it until the second went in and Arbroath really stepped up a gear full of confidence and our patchwork side just couldn't live with them and I suspect that's where the majority of their positive attacking stats stemmed from.
While it's always awful losing a derby I think the boos from the traveling support were unwarranted today. We have too many first team players out injured forcing players to play out of position and Masson going off was a loss being replaced by inexperienced youth.
Obviously would rather a more positive performance today but not pushing any panic buttons just yet.
Oh and Simon, I was too feart to come round to the fence to listen tou your threats, maybe next time if I've had a drink.

What boo's? Of the 40 of you they turned up there must have been about 12 when the game finished

Actually thought Wallace played quite well when he came on early for Masson. Was more worried about the likes of Fotheringham dithering on the ball and losing possession.

Hard to take much from a run of games where we are playing without so many regular starters and those remaining playing out of position, but can't gloss over 7 games, 7 defeats. Hoping for a couple bounce games possibly behind closed doors before the real business of league starts up. Hopefully we'll come through Alloa game without any more injuries.

Oh and a RB please.

What boo's? Of the 40 of you they turned up there must have been about 12 when the game finished

Well I was one of the twelve and fans left after the second went in and there were some boos for those last 20 minutes.

10 minutes ago, jd_mo said:

Actually thought Wallace played quite well when he came on early for Masson. Was more worried about the likes of Fotheringham dithering on the ball and losing possession.

Hard to take much from a run of games where we are playing without so many regular starters and those remaining playing out of position, but can't gloss over 7 games, 7 defeats. Hoping for a couple bounce games possibly behind closed doors before the real business of league starts up. Hopefully we'll come through Alloa game without any more injuries.

Oh and a RB please.

You have nothing to worry about, it was your B team after all... :whistle

Actually thought Wallace played quite well when he came on early for Masson.

He looks like he has a good touch and played the simple pass but looked completely lost, not sure whether to go to close down players and not sure where he should be. He needs game time to learn these things but it didn't help our overall performance today.

Archived