Another ref cock up & compounded by the West SJFA

lobey dosser

5 minutes ago, SaturdaySammy said:

The referee should be het for this one - surely this sort of stuff is bread and butter for them...

100% this , they can get some 50/50 decisions wrong and most fair minded people in the cold light of day would understand but this is incredible :lol: 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I have been told is that Benburb were about to make the substitutions just before the end of normal time - perfectly acceptable to intentionally bring on 'better' penalty takers at that stage. But that the ref caught them out by firstly blowing for full time, and only then dealt with the substitutions.

So it's the ref's fault for not insisting "sorry, it's too late now", instead breaching the Laws Of The Game by carrying on with the process.

Benburb are only culpable in terms of letting the ref make his error - they could have told the two substitutes to sit back down on the bench, knowing that they were now too late. But if the official in charge of the game is continuing with the process, who are they to over-rule him - HE's the responsible authority in charge.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If Paul Lovering tells you he's putting 2 subs on. He's putting 2 subs on, rules don't come in to it.

:( Think about this, do the SJFA approach the Referee Association to explain the situation? If yes, and the obvious breach of laws of the game is identified, do the SJFA make their own decision, or do they take advice from the SFA? Me, if two guys score penalties in the shoot-out that should not be on the park, this is nulled, and the Gow go through 4-3. Maybe too simple for all those guys in shabby suits and questionable ties. At least there will be one team in the semi-final that rightfully deserve to be there ....

On 02/06/2017 at 12:53, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

If Benburb pulled out of the competiton yesterday, why have they been allowed to change their mind?

Presumably they've been told that to pull out will result in £100 fine and expelled from next years' competition in accordance with rule 23 of the West Region.

You can make a sub between the end of a game and a penalty shoot out as long as you have subs left to make. It's well within the rules- no different to making two subs prior to the start of extra time. In this competition the game isn't over until the end of the shootout. You could even sub the keeper halfway through it IF you had spare subs to make.

18 minutes ago, surely not! said:

You can make a sub between the end of a game and a penalty shoot out as long as you have subs left to make. It's well within the rules- no different to making two subs prior to the start of extra time. In this competition the game isn't over until the end of the shootout. You could even sub the keeper halfway through it IF you had spare subs to make.

The worrying thing is you actually believe what you've written. At least the match officials from the game aren't the only ones who don't have a clue.

IMG_3462.PNG

You didn't happen to be the ref on Wednesday night did you?

What I have been told is that Benburb were about to make the substitutions just before the end of normal time - perfectly acceptable to intentionally bring on 'better' penalty takers at that stage. But that the ref caught them out by firstly blowing for full time, and only then dealt with the substitutions.
So it's the ref's fault for not insisting "sorry, it's too late now", instead breaching the Laws Of The Game by carrying on with the process.
Benburb are only culpable in terms of letting the ref make his error - they could have told the two substitutes to sit back down on the bench, knowing that they were now too late. But if the official in charge of the game is continuing with the process, who are they to over-rule him - HE's the responsible authority in charge.

Did the bens seriously think they would get away with making the subs after the full time whistle had went. Lovering has played pro most of his days he's acted rather stupidly if ye ask me.

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, surely not! said:

Very aptly named, got to be a wind up lol

7 hours ago, surely not! said:

I have to give you credit for adopting such an authoritative tone when talking such unadulterated cack. 

On 02/06/2017 at 11:43, SaturdaySammy said:

All this chat about the Benburb management knew what they were up to etc, maybe they did maybe they didn't....but its not their job to officiate the game.  I've seen this referee make an hash of it on a few occasions now

So what your saying is if you could get away with playing 13 players and the opposition team protests to ref the ref waves them away you would carry on playing with 13.....away n feck aff. Cheating is cheating acting like you don't know when you really do is the lowest form of cheating

On 6/3/2017 at 17:33, kenny131 said:

So what your saying is if you could get away with playing 13 players and the opposition team protests to ref the ref waves them away you would carry on playing with 13.....away n feck aff. Cheating is cheating acting like you don't know when you really do is the lowest form of cheating

Of course I don't mean it the way you've said it Kenny, that's a bit of an exaggeration.  All I was trying to say is that its up to the referee to know this sort of stuff inside out.  The referee's are very good at telling the managers and players the rules when its something they DO know, just think that they should be clued up on every aspect of the game to avoid this sort of nonsense reoccurring.

1 hour ago, lobey dosser said:

Gow down 3-0
So cheats (inadvertently or deliberate) do win
Thanks SJFA - shower of corrupt arseholes.

I went along to this game tonight expecting it to be an interesting affair given the circumstances. I expected Lesmahagow to be really motivated for the match, but they seemed very flat all night and Benburb won with a good bit to spare, to be honest.

Archived