Another ref cock up & compounded by the West SJFA

lobey dosser

Yet again a referee has ballsed it up - following he "9 minutes early debacle at the Gow v Neilston another "ref" at the Bens v Gow allowed Benburb to make 2 substitutions after time up was blown and before the penalty shootout.

The 2 fresh subs then scored the Bens first 2 penalties - despite being told that it was against the rules.

The Gow protested and were told the protest was upheld and it would be replayed. Then that was changed & the Gow were awarded the tie. The decision has been changed AGAIN to a replay.

The SJFA have always come across as a bunch of ignorant clueless clowns.

However they have surpassed themselves this year.

Total buffoons and a disgrace to football.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

The ref actually said to The Gow management team " you can put 2 fresh players on to even it up". This was after the full time whistle and we had used our 2 subs we had on the bench. 

Were there players sent off in the match itself ? 

If for example team A finish with 9 men then I'm sure team B need to drop 2 of their players out of the equation so it's 9 v 9 in the shoot out . 

Has the team with say two men sent off here been allowed to draft two guys off the bench at full time to make it 11v 11 involved in the shoot out ? 

4 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Were there players sent off in the match itself ? 

If for example team A finish with 9 men then I'm sure team B need to drop 2 of their players out of the equation so it's 9 v 9 in the shoot out . 

Has the team with say two men sent off here been allowed to draft two guys off the bench at full time to make it 11v 11 involved in the shoot out ? 

Nope. 11 v 11 at full time whistle. 

Should never be a replay . No way Benburb didn't know the rules. Even if the refs let them do it they should have known better. From what I can see they took the huff when they were told to replay on Saturday and have now changed their minds.  Fucking shambles. These guys make the juniors a laughing stock

It should be replayed - the game was not concluded in accordance with the rules. That said SJFA didn't order Blantyre v Bo'ness replayed despite the referee playing the first half of a (non-existent) extra-time, and then you come to the Lesmahagow v Neilston farce, so there's a lack of consistency. Plus changing their mind twice.

Thank goodness they never invited Junior refs to draw the Junior Cup R1, though - just imagine the carnage...

Should never be a replay . No way Benburb didn't know the rules. Even if the refs let them do it they should have known better. From what I can see they took the huff when they were told to replay on Saturday and have now changed their minds.  Fucking shambles. These guys make the juniors a laughing stock

The ref has undoubtedly made an arse of it, but I'm astounded that the Bens management thought that they would get away with it regardless of what the ref was saying, especially if Lesmahagow were already making their objections known at the time.

Unless the two players substituted had broken legs is it not a bit farcical bringing on 2 fresh players to run 5 yards and kick a ball anyway?

Me thinks they were brought on as they are better penalty takers...

I would put them out the competition for cheating.

Im waiting for a press release from the west region saying they have had a record number of website hits, I have been refreshing the fixtures page for 6 hours now just making sure nothings changed!

Archived