Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

The only thing wrong with the pyramid is the route into League 2. It should be easier to move up/down.

I have to disagree, there is plenty wrong with the pyramid. The idea of the pyramid is great and there are 2 or 3 clubs in the Lowland League that will be an asset to the SPFL, should they be promoted. However, to have university sides, glorified boys clubs and a French Academy in there is just mental. Let’s hope in the years to come some of the bigger Junior sides follow Kerry Hearts and come across to the EoS League or whatever.

Interesting detail from Cowden Cowboy about folk undermining Jimmy Nicholl. IMHO he undermined himself with his incompetence. Thing is club needs a major restructure. I'd go junior after taking SPFL parachute payment, find & buy a bit of land  set up a pitch there with a say 4 portacabbins 2 for dressing rooms, 1 for club office and shop and another one where we could run a social club.  Lower costs at junior level, have own ground with a social club that could gain us a bit of income.If that meant club had a sustainable future I'd be happy.  All of Scottish football is terrible, for me doesn't matter if its juniors, SPFL. It's all brutal. 

As has been said previously, I can tell you are trying to look at alternatives but to go Junior would be a complete heads gone. If the future of your club is a potato field with a couple of portacabbins while you face Crossgates Primrose etc etc, then I think you can forgive people for not coming to games. The Juniors are dying, not thriving.

We have no assets and limited income

That makes you no different to the majority of lower league sides, just got to think outside the box to generate income or galvanise the support, but fans can only give so much, you need to get back into the community and the businesses that it brings.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

That makes you no different to the majority of lower league sides, just got to think outside the box to generate income or galvanise the support, but fans can only give so much, you need to get back into the community and the businesses that it brings.

Correct. Easier said than done though.

On 16/03/2018 at 16:43, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Well, if Aberdeen were in such a position I’m sure you’d get a massive reaction.

I really don’t think too many folk in Cowden even care about the club.

change your colours to half blue half green and white hoops and rename the club Buckfast FC and you might get more interest from the town. 

Excellent application again from the team, just as there was on Tuesday. 

Everyone played there part in a real effort which is great to see. 

Have to credit Bollan aswell, his subs and formation change we’re just what we needed after their goal and they didn’t create much else. A brilliant double save from McGurn 2nd half aswell.

have to admit though, Elgin look very poor and slow at the back.

been a while since I smiled at 5pm on a Saturday.

Text from Sir A this morning. "That was a great result! Great to see the revival."

This guy is seriously interested about how the Blue Brazil are doing.

He's been in the game long enough to know that one game doesn't a revival make - but it has to start somewhere. We have to keep winning and Berwick need to keep losing, but there is now a glimmer of hope.

Sir Alex Ferguson.jpg

Eight wins from nine matches. With Cox Sheerin and Gilfilan in the side we are no longer a soft touch. The second goal was crucial. A great finish from Cox for the third. A tough ask to do it again against a well rested Stenny  on Tuesday but cometh the hour.

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Eight wins from nine matches. With Cox Sheerin and Gilfilan in the side we are no longer a soft touch. The second goal was crucial. A great finish from Cox for the third. A tough ask to do it again against a well rested Stenny  on Tuesday but cometh the hour.

That's what we were lacking earlier in the season a few experienced guys in the side.

3 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Text from Sir A this morning. "That was a great result! Great to see the revival."

This guy is seriously interested about how the Blue Brazil are doing.

He's been in the game long enough to know that one game doesn't a revival make - but it has to start somewhere. We have to keep winning and Berwick need to keep losing, but there is now a glimmer of hope.

Sir Alex Ferguson.jpg

Ron I really admire you contacting the greatest ever manager in Britain and it’s heartwarming he shows an interest and typical of his character after reading his books. 

12 behind Berwick though, bit unrealistic surely? It’s only 1 win and have to be honest, Elgin were terrible, especially at the back, and only started to threaten when Sutherland came on, and even he can’t be fit yet after being out for so long.  Edinburgh City looked a tougher team to beat the other night than Elgin. I’m pretty sure their away record is absolutely dire aswell. 

Maybe to put it in perspective, East Kilbride will be a stronger opponent in a possible play off than Elgin were.

Archived