Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

If you’ve not seen the courier article yet then basically ‘ the end is nigh’

well done the Cowden public who don’t give a f**k about the team and would rather sit and slag from their armchair/ barstool.

the town doesn’t deserve a league team.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our team is looking much better now. Again, I would play three upfront (Cox, Sheerin and Muirhead) with Swann in behind them, as we have nothing to lose now. We may as well go for it. We can still make up the points deficit if we play with more confidence. Sure, we still give away a few chances too many and the goal lost last night was poor, but I think the thing holding us back is that we are too safe when shooting. We seem to be happy to just get a shot on target instead of going for precision. Cox showed how to shoot. More of that please.

For those who want Cowdenbeath Football Club to continue or have affection for them and the town the time is now to help in anyway you can. 

Emotional and sad that the club has came to this but with limited resources, volunteers, fans and no ownership of the ground this can be the outcome. 

Let's drive up further support for Club 135 and encourage lot's of people to attend the Public Meeting. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/618128/cowdenbeath-fc-crisis-raised-parliament-amid-fears-club-faces-closure-within-year/

This truly is SAVE COWDENBEATH Football CLUB #Club135 http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=69

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

Our team is looking much better now. Again, I would play three upfront (Cox, Sheerin and Muirhead) with Swann in behind them, as we have nothing to lose now. We may as well go for it. We can still make up the points deficit if we play with more confidence. Sure, we still give away a few chances too many and the goal lost last night was poor, but I think the thing holding us back is that we are too safe when shooting. We seem to be happy to just get a shot on target instead of going for precision. Cox showed how to shoot. More of that please.

Honestly think muirhead is overrated by some fans. He’s ok and potentially could be decent but he has to improve which he is young enough to do.

40 minutes ago, big al said:

Regarding swan, he’s weak defensively and with pyper left CH would make that area easily exposed. I would have brought swan on left mid and pushed Cox more upfront and central with Sheerin.

Get Pyper to f*ck.

Mistake after mistake - own goal, giving away penalties, red card, trying to play offside when he is playing them on. He's an absolute bombscare!

8 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Get Pyper to f*ck.

Mistake after mistake - own goal, giving away penalties, red card, trying to play offside when he is playing them on. He's an absolute bombscare!

I agree he struggles positionally and on the ball.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Quite amazed that any of you give a shite what players are good or not when you have MPs and your club telling you you'll be deid in less than a year. 

Fingers crossed the Courier article actually makes people in the town realise how grim the situation is and actually try and help out.  3 years ago we were drawing with Rangers at Central Park and I can almost guarantee than 75% of the home support at that game has been at only a couple more games since.

Nobody cares about the club enough so hopefully this is a wake up call to those who sit and do nothing to aid the club in any way.

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

Fingers crossed the Courier article actually makes people in the town realise how grim the situation is and actually try and help out.  3 years ago we were drawing with Rangers at Central Park and I can almost guarantee than 75% of the home support at that game has been at only a couple more games since.

Nobody cares about the club enough so hopefully this is a wake up call to those who sit and do nothing to aid the club in any way.

I haven't been following you guys very closely this year but what sort of things are being done to try and raise the money needed? How has it got to the stage where £130K is needed or closure is the only option? I realise the rent and loss of the stock cars are huge issues but I had thought it was being managed.

I do think it takes a crisis to rally the locals into helping - especially in this day and age of the "look at me helping out this cause" types on social media, with the right campaign on there you could generate some traction.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Quite amazed that any of you give a shite what players are good or not when you have MPs and your club telling you you'll be deid in less than a year. 

But the two are interrelated - relegation could have a big say on the future of the club. Anyway, I'd be 'amazed' if you were anything close to 'amazed' yourself.

Just now, Muzza81 said:

But the two are interrelated - relegation could have a big say on the future of the club. Anyway, I'd be 'amazed' if you were anything close to 'amazed' yourself.

Fair point. When I saw the news last night I expected to come on here and see fans in a panic and maybe even ideas being thrown around as to how the club would be saved but instead it's just folk laying into players for being shite. Maybe amazed is the wrong word, surprised probably better.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair point. When I saw the news last night I expected to come on here and see fans in a panic and maybe even ideas being thrown around as to how the club would be saved but instead it's just folk laying into players for being shite. Maybe amazed is the wrong word, surprised probably better.

We all know what the situation is like.  The people who post on here are the fans who go to most games and invest a lot of time and money into the club.  The latest news to me is more aimed at the wider community who need to buck up and realise that they could lose something crucial. 

If you guys do go down and unfortunately do end up having to close, I can't wait until we have a load of 'relegation killed Cowden' type nonsense, when the sad reality is the asset stripping c***s that are the Brewsters really are pretty much solely responsible, no? As soon as they took the ground away from the football club, it was the beginning of the end in a sense?

If you guys do go down and unfortunately do end up having to close, I can't wait until we have a load of 'relegation killed Cowden' type nonsense, when the sad reality is the asset stripping c***s that are the Brewsters really are pretty much solely responsible, no? As soon as they took the ground away from the football club, it was the beginning of the end in a sense?

It's easy to look for villains. The Brewsters paid very big bucks which went to Gordon McDougall. Property crash and council giving planning consent to rival scheme killed Central Park development and Brewsters were left holding the baby. The core assets they were left with were the ground and stock car cashflow and an investment that had gone south - they had to make the best of what they were left with. Relationship between club and ground owners is nowadays pretty reasonable but club doesn't have the advantages that owning your own ground brings when seeking solutions to problems.

Archived