Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

How’s the pitch? Saw theres an inspection planned for 9am tomorrow, chances of it being on?

Just now, onecowden said:

No chance the games on. I think it is unlikely we will play another game this season. Or is that wishful thinking.

I drove past the back of CP this afternoon there is still some snow at the top corner of the High Street end. All the rest has been cleared (well done to the folk who cleared it) and it is meant to be heavy rain tonight so that should clear it.

I would imagine the biggest danger is if the pitch becomes waterlogged after the rain.

I drove past the back of CP this afternoon there is still some snow at the top corner of the High Street end. All the rest has been cleared (well done to the folk who cleared it) and it is meant to be heavy rain tonight so that should clear it.
I would imagine the biggest danger is if the pitch becomes waterlogged after the rain.

Sounds a bit more positive!

9 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Sounds a bit more positive!

Certainly more chance of getting a game even than a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Sorry. I'm struggling with positive at the moment.

I take it your meaning if the games on!

Looking very grim as it stands currently 15 points cut adrift. 

Credit to the players of Edinburgh City showing exactly what it takes to fight tooth and nail for their own survival

Now for our players to show they mean business in what definitely is a must win game at Edinburgh to put it back to as you were. 

Can't see the wood from the trees unfortunately as Edinburgh and Clyde are all on good runs now and we need to go on a winning streak and scoring a significant number of goals whilst we struggle to find the net never mind getting a result. 

Bollan must drill in the every game is a cup final between now and the end of the season to go on a winning run and hope for the best with others going on a losing streak or at least go into the play-offs full of confidence like Brown and Locke did last season. 

Hopefully Bollan was able to get the oriam today today keep the players sharp and focused. 

We just are not getting any breaks just now with the latest being the weather despite the good efforts to try and get the game on. 

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Looking very grim as it stands currently 15 points cut adrift. 

Credit to the players of Edinburgh City showing exactly what it takes to fight tooth and nail for their own survival

Now for our players to show they mean business in what definitely is a must win game at Edinburgh to put it back to as you were. 

Can't see the wood from the trees unfortunately as Edinburgh and Clyde are all on good runs now and we need to go on a winning streak and scoring a significant number of goals whilst we struggle to find the net never mind getting a result. 

Bollan must drill in the every game is a cup final between now and the end of the season to go on a winning run and hope for the best with others going on a losing streak or at least go into the play-offs full of confidence like Brown and Locke did last season. 

Hopefully Bollan was able to get the oriam today today keep the players sharp and focused. 

We just are not getting any breaks just now with the latest being the weather despite the good efforts to try and get the game on. 

Let's be honest about it it was very grim before today.

Re Edinburgh City they are probably on the sort of run they should have been on earlier in the season given the experienced players they have had in their squad. Berwick will finish 2nd bottom imo.

Re Edinburgh City they are probably on the sort of run they should have been on earlier in the season given the experienced players they have had in their squad. Berwick will finish 2nd bottom imo.

Yes, grim indeed for a while now. The weather and disruption to fixtures may benefit the team however. Competitive games twice a week will let Bollan see where we are for the inevitable play offs. Our play off opponents can’t have many competitive games left to play and that could benefit us.
We have 11 games left to put together a team for the play off games. Who knows what we might find with that mindset...

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I guess it has actually been a very Grim season

No excuses we should not be bottom of the league by such a large margin. Not only is it embarrassing to our football club it also clearly demonstrates how bad this team are. 

We just have to keep our fingers crossed the team starts playing and getting wins taking us into the play-offs. 

Or we could pull of a great escape by going on a winning streak I know what we would all prefer 

Very depressing right now but credit where credit is due for the other teams who have  displayed ability to get away from the trapdoor just wish our players and management team could pull of the same. 

Can remember that relief in Wee Jimmies after EK saying this season was a blip and the club would never find itself in this position again, I will eat my words now! 

A very downbeat 316 I blame the City result and the weather! 

Despite the doom and gloom we just have to look at the bigger picture as at the end of all this regardless of where we end up we must stick together and drive our club forward and come back stronger overall 

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

No excuses we should not be bottom of the league by such a large margin. Not only is it embarrassing to our football club it also clearly demonstrates how bad this team are. 

We just have to keep our fingers crossed the team starts playing and getting wins taking us into the play-offs. 

Or we could pull of a great escape by going on a winning streak. 

Very depressing right now but credit where credit is due for the other teams who has displayed ability to get away from the trapdoor just wish our players and management team could pull of the same. 

Can remember that relief in Wee Jimmies after EK saying this season was a blip and the club would never find itself in this position again, I will eat my words now! 

We were knackered well before Christmas. The playoffs are the only chance we have and that’s what we should be concentrating on.

2 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Yes, grim indeed for a while now. The weather and disruption to fixtures may benefit the team however. Competitive games twice a week will let Bollan see where we are for the inevitable play offs. Our play off opponents can’t have many competitive games left to play and that could benefit us.
We have 11 games left to put together a team for the play off games. Who knows what we might find with that mindset...

Off the Lowland League challengers the remaining games are - EK 4, BSC 6, Spartans 7, Shire 5. EK and BSC also have a cup game as well.

In the Highlands Cove 12, Fraserburgh 9, Inverurie 8, Formartine 8. Cove won a cup game today and meet Fraserburgh. All the HL challengers have the possibility of up to 3 cup ties. Cove could end up playing 4 games a week.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Off the Lowland League challengers the remaining games are - EK 4, BSC 6, Spartans 7, Shire 5. EK and BSC also have a cup game as well.

In the Highlands Cove 12, Fraserburgh 9, Inverurie 8, Formartine 8. Cove won a cup game today and meet Fraserburgh. All the HL challengers have the possibility of up to 3 cup ties. Cove could end up playing 4 games a week.

Good 

Regards 

Mr grumpy 

6 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Or we could pull of a great escape by going on a winning streak I know what we would all prefer 

Very depressing right now but credit where credit is due for the other teams who have  displayed ability to get away from the trapdoor just wish our players and management team could pull of the same. 

It was always going to be hard I would imagine we have the smallest budget in the SPFL.

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was always going to be hard I would imagine we have the smallest budget in the SPFL.

Still no excuse to be where we are though. Every season there has been excuses of why we have finished bottom.  We are where we are and probably deservedly so from a performance on the park perspective. 

However I am not attaching the blame to anyone as we are all accountable for those of us who care about the club but everyone behind the scenes appear to be trying their best yet when it comes to performing on the park the club is being let down considerably. 

As I have mentioned previously regardless on how the season finishes we must all stick together and help drive the club forward with the community with a significant increase in volunteers to come back stronger. 

People may disagree but it's surprising what a fan led community council can and could have done for the club through what it can influence together on and of the park. 

We just have to keep going even if it did mean Lowland League football which believe me I have no interest in us playing in that league or desire to attend much games in that league  but if it still meant we have a chance to sustain the future of the football club to aid them back to the SPFL and to stop the club going to the wall then the club will still have my full support and loyalty. 

Why I fell in love with this club is beyond me but despite all this depressing stuff there is something special about the connection to our club and the many great people who run and follow the club 

Archived