Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Some of it probably did as I am a customer of the bank.  Good to see your happy on banks and businesses being ripped off ^_^

And how would it be cheaper putting a game on at another ground, still have to pay for stewards, turnstile workers, groundsman etc.

I'm also a customer of the bank, I know more than a few people who were on that CVA and were happy for it to go through, which is why it did. They're over it so what's the point in me getting upset over it? Try and hold it over Dunfermline fans heads? Get it up ye. 

You also pay for the use of the ground presently do you not, how much is the upkeep of the stadium? Are you genuinely suggesting that CP is the most cost efficient way forward for Cowdenbeath? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm also a customer of the bank, I know more than a few people who were on that CVA and were happy for it to go through, which is why it did. They're over it so what's the point in me getting upset over it? Try and hold it over Dunfermline fans heads? Get it up ye. 

You also pay for the use of the ground presently do you not, how much is the upkeep of the stadium? Are you genuinely suggesting that CP is the most cost efficient way forward for Cowdenbeath? 

Unfortunately we don't have an alternative. Cost efficient or not

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

And how do you suggest we pay for a new ground from scratch?

Well unless you have an insight into all the cash and other dynamics involved you don't really know what is the most cost efficient way forward. That can't be summed up in a few lines on here. As for Dunfermline's CVA well it isn't held over Pars fans heads but it is very relevant when suggesting Dunfermline have invested in their stadium and facilities as opposed to CFC - the choice was accept 0p in the £ via the CVA or 0p in the £ via a liquidation so there was no point in not accepting unless you wanted DAFC to be wound up.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

And how do you suggest we pay for a new ground from scratch?

As I said a few posts ago I don't know how you get around it, I was just suggesting that the idea of starting with a pitch, some portacabins and a fence wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, if Dunfermline had went into liquidation I genuinely don't know where we would've started back up. 

For the long term benefits of the club it doesn't seem like the worst idea. 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Dunfermline's CVA well it isn't held over Pars fans heads but it is very relevant when suggesting Dunfermline have invested in their stadium and facilities as opposed to CFC - the choice was accept 0p in the £ via the CVA or 0p in the £ via a liquidation so there was no point in not accepting unless you wanted DAFC to be wound up.

And it still went through, happy days. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As I said a few posts ago I don't know how you get around it, I was just suggesting that the idea of starting with a pitch, some portacabins and a fence wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, if Dunfermline had went into liquidation I genuinely don't know where we would've started back up. 

For the long term benefits of the club it doesn't seem like the worst idea. 

Purchasing said land and portacabins would still cost a good few quid even laying a pitch would be expensive. It would of course be better if we owned a ground but I can't see us leaving Central Park anytime soon.

The Pars CVA was always going to go through if the creditors wern't going to get anything either way. If they had been liquidated I suppose someone may have started up an AFC DA like a few clubs have done in England and started from the bottom?

Believe it or not i'm not one of those I like Cowden so must hate everything DAFC fans:P have quite a few friends who support the darkside of Fife and have even been know to go to the odd game when Cowden arn't playing:o

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Believe it or not i'm not one of those I like Cowden so must hate everything DAFC fans:P have quite a few friends who support the darkside of Fife and have even been know to go to the odd game when Cowden arn't playing:o

Aye. But lets be honest. You wanted them to lose :-)

1 hour ago, HenryHill said:

Aye. But lets be honest. You wanted them to lose :-)

I went to a townies v Airdrie match years ago and supported Airdrie for the day. I think it finished 1-1.

On 03/03/2018 at 10:59, Cowden316 said:

Totally agree with the positive comments about CP 

It's location is great as it is at the heart of the town and surrounded by a lot of history. 

A redeveloped Central Park taking it into the modern age is what is required. 

It's keep saying it but if we attracted the right investment you could have not only a modern football stadium but a modern stock car racing circuit in what already has a popular following. A win win for all but ideally the club would have all the assets back including the income from the Stock Cars. 

Looked back some history and Macdougal was proposing two stadiums one for football and one for the racing. 

CP is ideal location for an upgraded stadium. Too much to ask the council to chip in and build a new sports venue for the Club and town ? They did it for Kelty !

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

How much did they spend on the sports venue at Kelty? 

Well a plastic pitch is about 400k. How much did kelty put in ?

im not having a go at kelty, good luck to them but why can the council not help Cowden in the same way ?

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

You’re slowly but surely showing your cards here.

In a shocking turn of events, me, A Dunfermline supporter, was glad a CVA was accepted. 

I've fair shown my cards there.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The Pars CVA was always going to go through if the creditors wern't going to get anything either way. If they had been liquidated I suppose someone may have started up an AFC DA like a few clubs have done in England and started from the bottom?

Going by that logic then every CVA ever would get passed and people would never bother to offer anything to the pound, I'd hoped we would I, I'd certainly have supported such a venture. I'd imagine we would have tried to join whatever league Kelty are in just now. Where would we have played? A ground share with Cowdenbeath or Kelty? Or would we have purchased a bit of land up Halbeath and started building up? I'd always prefer option B in that scenario.

43 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

CP is ideal location for an upgraded stadium. Too much to ask the council to chip in and build a new sports venue for the Club and town ? They did it for Kelty !

How much did the council put in at Kelty? and lets be honest here, how much will they get back from giving Cowdenbeath however much is it for a stadium? As harsh as it may sound you get crowds of around 300 every fortnight, no council is ever going to give money to that. When we were in administration there was a very real possibility the town was going to lose a team that brings bigger crowds and with it more to the economy, AFAIK the council weren't going to bale us out which is entirely and utterly fair. If the council start building stadia then East Fife and Raith would be asking questions, sets a dangerous precedent.

I think the stock cars brings more to the local economy than the football club, the council are more likely to help them out than anything. 

As well as that because the stadium isn't owed by the football club the council would either have to buy out the Brewsters surely to own the stadium or build a new stadium from scratch so that they owned it. With all that in mind while it certainly isn't to much for you to ask the council, I can only see a disappointing answer.

28 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well a plastic pitch is about 400k. How much did kelty put in ?

im not having a go at kelty, good luck to them but why can the council not help Cowden in the same way ?

From what I remember the council paid for the pitch as part of the sports and community hub up in Kelty, as far as I know though they actually own the pitch and get the proceeds from it, I think. Similar to a Schools plastic pitch.

They wouldn't do that with Central Park due to the Brewsters owning it and the fact you've got stock cars racing around it, they'd argue that with Beath High just up the road you've got a facility that the local area of Cowdenbeath use. I don't think the council have put any money in for the stands, changing rooms etc.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Going by that logic then every CVA ever would get passed and people would never bother to offer anything to the pound, I'd hoped we would I, I'd certainly have supported such a venture. I'd imagine we would have tried to join whatever league Kelty are in just now. Where would we have played? A ground share with Cowdenbeath or Kelty? Or would we have purchased a bit of land up Halbeath and started building up? I'd always prefer option B in that scenario.

The creditors were obviously happy to take nothing and give new owners the chance to start again giving them a clean slate to work with. I suppose it depends on the people a business owes money to the ones DAFC owed money to obviously didn't want the club to go under. Either way they wern't getting anything so it was probably "decent" of them to give new people the chance to build up the club.

How much did the council put in at Kelty? and lets be honest here, how much will they get back from giving Cowdenbeath however much is it for a stadium? As harsh as it may sound you get crowds of around 300 every fortnight, no council is ever going to give money to that. When we were in administration there was a very real possibility the town was going to lose a team that brings bigger crowds and with it more to the economy, AFAIK the council weren't going to bale us out which is entirely and utterly fair. If the council start building stadia then East Fife and Raith would be asking questions, sets a dangerous precedent.

As far as I know the council own the land which Kelty I presume have a long term lease on and also laid the 3G surface. Kelty will have put the 2 enclosures and the social club buildings in. Don't think we really need to drag Kelty into your argument as far as I am aware both Cowden and Kelty get on fine and good luck to them if they can take their club forwards.

I believe the council had some input into the East Fife 3G but you would have to ask an East Fife fan about that for sure. 

I think the stock cars brings more to the local economy than the football club, the council are more likely to help them out than anything. 

As well as that because the stadium isn't owed by the football club the council would either have to buy out the Brewsters surely to own the stadium or build a new stadium from scratch so that they owned it. With all that in mind while it certainly isn't to much for you to ask the council, I can only see a disappointing answer.

I would imagine the Stock Cars especially  when they have big world final weekends etc do bring more into the local economy, probably get a double boost on that score with the track at Lochgelly as well. No ones ever suggested that the council should buy Central Park which as you say they wouldn't I imagine.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

From what I remember the council paid for the pitch as part of the sports and community hub up in Kelty, as far as I know though they actually own the pitch and get the proceeds from it, I think. Similar to a Schools plastic pitch.

They wouldn't do that with Central Park due to the Brewsters owning it and the fact you've got stock cars racing around it, they'd argue that with Beath High just up the road you've got a facility that the local area of Cowdenbeath use. I don't think the council have put any money in for the stands, changing rooms etc.

The Council do rent out the pitch at Kelty to the public, i'm sure we hire it from them when our U20 side play there.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

In a shocking turn of events, me, A Dunfermline supporter, was glad a CVA was accepted. 

I've fair shown my cards there.

Yes you have. Lets not care about the creditors, many of them small,local traders with a small turnover completely ripped off by your club. Happy days indeed. 

Yes you have. Lets not care about the creditors, many of them small,local traders with a small turnover completely ripped off by your club. Happy days indeed. 

Not one person who's club has been in admin has ever been unhappy for a CVA to be passed.

The creditors had already been ripped off by masterton, the CVA didn't do that, it allowed us all to move on from that. The club and local business.

34 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Aye, I should be dissapointed that the club didn't go out of business? 

Absolute mentalist. 

49 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, I should be dissapointed that the club didn't go out of business? 

Absolute mentalist. 

I would expect a bit of humility. Relieved your club survived, i expect. I don't expect happiness when peoples livelihood has been affected.  That's all. I take it i have won this when you have to resort to personal insults. No more from me on this but you can carry on if you like. 

Archived