Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

I prefer the plainer style top like this.

I like the way it is referred to as a deal, like we are getting money for going with Uhlsport.

Are we getting a new away top? Always hoped we would have a plain white away top at some point.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That strip looks a lot better than recent years although it's hard to tell exactly what the design under the arm is.

A white away top would be nice. Our away kits have been pretty crap recently imo. 

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

That strip looks a lot better than recent years although it's hard to tell exactly what the design under the arm is.

A white away top would be nice. Our away kits have been pretty crap recently imo. 

I remember we used to have a white away top back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Cowdenbeath have been recruiting well so far, but there is a lot to prove yet. Guys like Morris are unproven at such a level - but this may yet work in their favour. If you think back to the great slobberknocking Queens Park team of 2006/2007, their side was full of players with plenty to prove. Perhaps this is the reasoning behind Locke's thoughts?

If one thing is certain though, it is that no matter how the recruitment continues, there is no chance in hell of Cowdenbeath living up to the legend of that side - even if they do go on to win the league!

Dean Brett for Montrose

It was inevitable he was going to be picked up by a league club. I would have preferred if he had went to league 1 as he will now be playing against us. Montrose have picked up a good player there. Hopefully he can put his recent issues behind him and show everyone he can play a bit. Although maybe not against us.

3 minutes ago, onecowden said:

It was inevitable he was going to be picked up by a league club. I would have preferred if he had went to league 1 as he will now be playing against us. Montrose have picked up a good player there. Hopefully he can put his recent issues behind him and show everyone he can play a bit. Although maybe not against us.

As you say someone was always going to sign him. Stewart Petrie likes a former Cowden player in his squad Liam, CJ and Deano all signed under him.

Actually seen Deano playing yesterday in Bonnyrigg's cup final with Tranent, he had a penalty saved by another former Cowden player Murray Jackson.

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Good luck to him but I hope he has shockers against Cowden. Not our concern anymore though.

Some result for Tranent Andy, a great cup double!

Tranent payed well Muzz, Wait 40 years to win a cup and get 2 in a couple of days.

45 minutes ago, big al said:

Dean should be playing with us again, not Montrose. The betting stuff is gone. It's about winning games. If Clyde can sign Goodwillie....

Maybe a fresh start somewhere new is best for him.

34 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maybe a fresh start somewhere new is best for him.

All about opinions Andy. I don't see many decent players queuing up to sign for us and actually want to play for Cowden.

anyway, all the best to Dean.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

All about opinions Andy. I don't see many decent players queuing up to sign for us and actually want to play for Cowden.

anyway, all the best to Dean.

Just think a new start is best Al, I would have loved for him to still be playing for us but I do feel that it is best for him starting somewhere new.

A fresh start with a new club is maybe what he needs, imagine if he had comeback to us he would have been under scutiny from everywhere after what had happened.

Good luck to him anyway apart for when he plays against us of course:lol:

Dean should be playing with us again, not Montrose. The betting stuff is gone. It's about winning games. If Clyde can sign Goodwillie....

The club can hardly sack him and then resign him half a year later. I'd love him back but it's not going to happen

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

The club can hardly sack him and then resign him half a year later. I'd love him back but it's not going to happen

if hes been getting the necessary help etc then why not?

anyway its all pointless talk as hes at montrose.

They could have, and I am sure if they offered him the chance to go back, then I am confident he would have.

If I was sacked from my work for misconduct and they struggled to replace me then they aren't just going to allow me to come back. Think a few people aren't being realistic with this!

32 minutes ago, mo83 said:

How good a right back is he then folks? Always played well when I have seen him play.

Didn't look out of place in the Championship. It looked like he was going to get a move to full time football a few seasons back but it never happened. 

How good a right back is he then folks? Always played well when I have seen him play.

A few seasons ago he was one of the first names on the team sheet in the championship. I'd say since his personal tragedies that his standard dropped a bit but he is easily one of the best part tine right backs in the league. Excellent with set pieces too so will not be surprised to see him set Templeman up for a few goals.

Archived