Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

On 27/02/2018 at 12:11, onecowden said:

Or we could borrow millions, build a new stadium, default on the loan, go into administration............

Then you'd go into liquidation. Get it right up you. 

The op post was quite reasonable aswell. It's quite evident that CP is killing Cowdenbeath, I remember being at Keltys stadium about 4 years ago and it consisted of a pitch, an ancient shelter on one side and a few portacabins. It's still a better experience than CP though and is easier to get family's in. They could well be overtaking you next year.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then you'd go into liquidation. Get it right up you. 

The op post was quite reasonable aswell. It's quite evident that CP is killing Cowdenbeath, I remember being at Keltys stadium about 4 years ago and it consisted of a pitch, an ancient shelter on one side and a few portacabins. It's still a better experience than CP though and is easier to get family's in. They could well be overtaking you next year.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post. I thought you were having a go. The words portacabin and shelter threw me.

8 hours ago, onecowden said:

Sorry if I misunderstood your post. I thought you were having a go. The words portacabin and shelter threw me.

Not at all, my wife is from Cowdenbeath and I would far prefer them to be doing better. I have no idea what the solution is to the CP problem but if I were a Cowdenbeath fan I wouldn't be averse to pretty much starting from scratch with regards to the stadium. 

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not at all, my wife is from Cowdenbeath and I would far prefer them to be doing better. I have no idea what the solution is to the CP problem but if I were a Cowdenbeath fan I wouldn't be averse to pretty much starting from scratch with regards to the stadium. 

We might not have much choice soon.

We might not have much choice soon.

Cowdenbeath at Central Park have a bronze level SFA license - Kelty Hearts have entry level. You can't get a license by throwing up some portacabins and glorified bus shelters. Suitable Floodlights, dressing room facilities, and a host of other requirements come into play - hence why few junior sides are licensed.

Cowdenbeath at Central Park have a bronze level SFA license - Kelty Hearts have entry level. You can't get a license by throwing up some portacabins and glorified bus shelters. Suitable Floodlights, dressing room facilities, and a host of other requirements come into play - hence why few junior sides are licensed.

You quite clearly can, the biggest obstacle beyond that is fitting a 2 meter fence/wall around the ground.
Or have you not looked at what many clubs have done to get licensed, look at golespie's cover, its probably an exaggeration to call it a glorified.

Floodlights aren't required for an entry license, dressing rooms etc can be done from portocabins.

Clubs typically find the governance stuff harder to achieve than the ground requirements, which are particularly low. Given you already meet all other requirements is a fresh start not even worth thinking about? It wouldn't be quick, but it does provide a path to put the club in a better place than it is now

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

You quite clearly can, the biggest obstacle beyond that is fitting a 2 meter fence/wall around the ground.
Or have you not looked at what many clubs have done to get licensed, look at golespie's cover, its probably an exaggeration to call it a glorified.

Floodlights aren't required for an entry license, dressing rooms etc can be done from portocabins.

Clubs typically find the governance stuff harder to achieve than the ground requirements, which are particularly low. Given you already meet all other requirements is a fresh start not even worth thinking about? It wouldn't be quick, but it does provide a path to put the club in a better place than it is now

I think Cowden Cowboy is well versed on getting a Club License,

That wasn't aimed as an attack at cowdenbeath, just as an example of how low the bar is set. Do the minimum to meet the most basic requirements and build from there.

That wasn't aimed as an attack at cowdenbeath, just as an example of how low the bar is set. Do the minimum to meet the most basic requirements and build from there.

Why is the club giving up all that it already has to start again from scratch if it doesn't have to? Central Park is a bronze licensed venue - it attracts license payments from the SFA at bronze level which are twice as much as entry level.

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If we're talking about Central Park like it's an asset then things are absolutely fucked

He's pointing out that you get more payments from the SFA having a bronze license than you do for having an entry one so I suppose it is an asset in a way if you want to call it that.

Perhaps our board should have went down the no morals route and stiffed a bank for £12m to pay for a nice 12k all seater stadium^_^

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

Is there a better site in Cowdenbeath?

Having had a good look around the town I don't think there is. Even if some white knight came in and pumped a daft amount of money in and money was no object I would still want us to be there in a redeveloped ground.

North End Park would have been a possible alternative but obviously got bought apart from that the only other one I could come up with was that flat bit of ground next to the old Elliots factory which now has a load of earth and what ever dumped on it, even that was a bit way from the town centre.

Too many clubs move away from town centre locations I prefer them there's not much left on the High Street but at least home and away fans have pubs within easy reach and its 5 minutes from the railway station allowing an easy transport link for away fans.

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Having had a good look around the town I don't think there is. Even if some white knight came in and pumped a daft amount of money in and money was no object I would still want us to be there in a redeveloped ground.

North End Park would have been a possible alternative but obviously got bought apart from that the only other one I could come up with was that flat bit of ground next to the old Elliots factory which now has a load of earth and what ever dumped on it, even that was a bit way from the town centre.

Too many clubs move away from town centre locations I prefer them there's not much left on the High Street but at least home and away fans have pubs within easy reach and its 5 minutes from the railway station allowing an easy transport link for away fans.

There’s no better site than CP. How many clubs would like that sort of location? Certainly much better than any of the other fife clubs.

20 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

There’s no better site than CP. How many clubs would like that sort of location? Certainly much better than any of the other fife clubs.

Totally agree with the positive comments about CP 

It's location is great as it is at the heart of the town and surrounded by a lot of history. 

A redeveloped Central Park taking it into the modern age is what is required. 

It's keep saying it but if we attracted the right investment you could have not only a modern football stadium but a modern stock car racing circuit in what already has a popular following. A win win for all but ideally the club would have all the assets back including the income from the Stock Cars. 

Looked back some history and Macdougal was proposing two stadiums one for football and one for the racing. 

19 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

19 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Why is the club giving up all that it already has to start again from scratch if it doesn't have to? Central Park is a bronze licensed venue - it attracts license payments from the SFA at bronze level which are twice as much as entry level.

Aye, but if you had an entry level ground which cost half as much to put the games on you'd still be better off. 

18 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Perhaps our board should have went down the no morals route and stiffed a bank for £12m to pay for a nice 12k all seater stadium^_^

Get it up ye. Hope the 12 million came right out your pocket. 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, but if you had an entry level ground which cost half as much to put the games on you'd still be better off. 

Get it up ye. Hope the 12 million came right out your pocket. 

Some of it probably did as I am a customer of the bank.  Good to see your happy on banks and businesses being ripped off ^_^

And how would it be cheaper putting a game on at another ground, still have to pay for stewards, turnstile workers, groundsman etc.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

On other matters I can't see the Clyde game going ahead on Tuesday and perhaps even next Saturdays match once all that snow thaws

No danger of Tuesday being on, next Saturday who knows depends on the thaw I suppose.

Archived