Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

On 2/9/2018 at 18:08, Kelheart said:

Never good to craw , could easily be your team next !!!!

Mon the Cowden , due a break and a result 3 - 0 the mora 

I'm not crawing merely stating a fact. This will be 2 seasons in a row Cowden have finished bottom i.e. worst team in the Scottish league and they deserve to go down based on that. That's what the pyramid system is in place for. Hopefully East Kilbride (or whoever) will finish the job this time.

Cowden are finished. Its obvious, and merely painting over the cracks cant disguise that fact.

Yes its sad, but its also true and you all see it and know it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting read  about opinions on kelty groundshare etc.

cant make the meeting on the 8th, im out the country. would be great if a summary was posted for the many who wont make it.

my personal take is i wouldnt be happy if the team played out of cowdenbeath.i have no personal bond with central park though, its a shit hole and terrible to watch games and even worse for attracting spectators. would love to see it flattened and a small stadium built. of course its as likely as me winning the lottery. however, have heard rumours of some talk between a certain board member and kelty sounding out possibilities, maybe just testing the water temperature. probably nothing more than that at this stage. not so sure its a goer anyway to be honest. kelty had a few problems with locals against progress/ licensing issue i think so another senior team in the town probably wouldnt go down well.

would like some questions asked at the meeting such as 

any chance of folding if we go down?

any board members thinking of quitting if we go down, or maybe even if we dont?

any potential plans to move from central park, possibly a groundshare?

we can go on about history all day but it counts for nothing in sport. we dont deserve to stay in the league this season is the bottom line.

although there have been mistakes along the way, there are simply not enough people in the town who care  enough to go to the games and thats the biggest reason we are at the bottom of the pile.plenty  have something to say about the club whether on social media or in the pub or at work, but few even bother to go to the games. same thing happened to the shire as they had the smallest support and stadium problems and inevitably it would come to us eventually.

it fucking sucks but thats life sometimes. we just have to get the heads around it if we do go to  lowland league and try to build something around a core of up and coming young players (preferably fairly local) who could be a consistent group for several years. the high turnover of players the last few seasons is definitely not the way to go for a small club like ourselves.  we cant possibly sign our way to success as others will attract the signings before us.

it could end up being a good thing if we did go down, becoming a bigger fish in a new pond. the possibility of building a team that can win games and start to build something again could rejuvenate the club but it would require all the supporters who go just now to remain loyal. 

of course, going down doesnt guarantee any success either.........

For me McInally and especially Swann have been our two best players the last few games. Both dropped! What is that about?Hornby looked ok at left back apart from the second goal  but get Swann into midfield.At least he knows how to pass the ball. The Peterhead defence was just lapping up our long ball tactics. No plan B. Malcolm didn't even jump at the first goal.Luke showed a bit of promise But will he get another chance?

2 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

For me McInally and especially Swann have been our two best players the last few games. Both dropped! What is that about?Hornby looked ok at left back apart from the second goal  but get Swann into midfield.At least he knows how to pass the ball. The Peterhead defence was just lapping up our long ball tactics. No plan B. Malcolm didn't even jump at the first goal.Luke showed a bit of promise But will he get another chance?

At least Bollan finally played the players he brought in but agree about Swan and Mcinally. Promising players who have done reasonably well. 

All round it certainly wasn't a spectacle for either side and we do not look threatening at all 

The players should take a leaf out of their nearest or now miles ahead opposition Edinburgh City after they have demonstrated what it takes for survival

We lack creativity and physical presence in midfield with Blair needing support as he has promise and the same with Cox he cannot do it all by himself 

Really have to hope Bollan can now find a winning formula, system to create and score goals within the team and a good bit of momentum going into the play-offs as recovering 12 points with 11 games to go having not one a league game since August!!!! isn't likely to happen sadly. 

8 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

At least Bollan finally played the players he brought in but agree about Swan and Mcinally. Promising players who have done reasonably well. 

All round it certainly wasn't a spectacle for either side and we do not look threatening at all 

The players should take a leaf out of their nearest or now miles ahead opposition Edinburgh City after they have demonstrated what it takes for survival

We lack creativity and physical presence in midfield with Blair needing support as he has promise and the same with Cox he cannot do it all by himself 

Really have to hope Bollan can now find a winning formula, system to create and score goals within the team and a good bit of momentum going into the play-offs as recovering 12 points with 11 games to go having not one a league game since August!!!! isn't likely to happen sadly. 

As has been said many times this season. A shambles, enough to knock the stuffing out of even the most loyal fans. What are we going to be left with?

23 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

As has been said many times this season. A shambles, enough to knock the stuffing out of even the most loyal fans. What are we going to be left with?

Difficult just now buddy very difficult to endure right now. 

The club will continue I am sure regardless of the outcome at the end of the season so long as we keep our loyal fans and folk continue to volunteer etc 

Not easy for everyone connected to the club just now, particularly some board members who are carrying a lot of weight on their shoulders just now and could do with some assistance to lighten the load. Especially when things are not unfolding well on the park. 

Everyone who cares about the club or even wants to critisise, help, or anything else should get a long to the public meetings as our board in their fairness openly try to engage with fans whether it be to listen to new ideas or people's concerns. 

Anybody who cannot make the meeting I am sure arrangements can be made to submit a question etc. 

Tough times and another dissapointing day at the football.

Saturday was poor and bollan is trying to vary team selection. Bring in new players but we cant bring anyone in with any decent calibre. Pyper was our best player on saturday our only footballing talented player is brad smith but he gets bogged down with poor movement and poor players around him.

I cannot see how we will score goals or how we will win football matches. Get a team formula that is basically same starting x1 week in week out barring injuries and hope they create some momentum for play offs.

Malcolm has went downhill big time recently. Sheerin is better than malone but is no better than a muirhead - get muirhead starting games please. Cox better up top although offered us very little since joining.

really difficult hard times and a real grind to come out and watch. By far Scottish footballs biggest suffering fans the last 2-3 years by a mile.

Players have to take responsibility now all very well saying fans have to step up and encourage etc however after the dross we sometimes have to watch THEY NEED TO STEP UP and collectively put a performance in we can be proud of.

If you get relegated is there anywhere in the town you could relocate too? Somewhere you could chuck up a glorified bus shelter and a couple of Portocabbins to meet the basic requirements for an entry licence? Would get you out of central park and give you the opportunity to slowly build a ground more suitable.

If you get relegated is there anywhere in the town you could relocate too? Somewhere you could chuck up a glorified bus shelter and a couple of Portocabbins to meet the basic requirements for an entry licence? Would get you out of central park and give you the opportunity to slowly build a ground more suitable.

Or we could borrow millions, build a new stadium, default on the loan, go into administration............

Bollan seems to be getting an easy ride here, results wise things haven't improved since his appointment.
Obviously not seen Cowden - do you consider he's doing a good job in the circumstances?
Thought he might of done a bit better.

It would be easy to criticise him however it’s a difficult job to say the least. I’m not in anyway saying he is doing a good job but he hasn’t got the tools to play with imo.

17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Nothing really stands out for somewhere we could relocate to, the old North End Park (ironically where we started off)  would have been the obvious one but was bought by Tesco and then sold onto a developer who seems to have done very little to it.

Ironically it was the Tesco planning application which scuppered the current owners of Central Parks plans for a similar thing at CP and they ended up pulling out when they cut back on building stores.

50 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Bollan seems to be getting an easy ride here, results wise things haven't improved since his appointment.
Obviously not seen Cowden - do you consider he's doing a good job in the circumstances?

Difficult to say. Some things are better. Some things are the same. Im dissapointed with some of his signings but he genuinely is working with limited funds and players he ideally wanted probs wouldnt join us. Saying that a couple of baffling signings. He has improved a couple of players in our team and has made us although hard to believe harder to beat. The players in some games have given their all and in others have not.

He initially arrived and sorted certain areas of the team but cant get any creativity in the team or spark in an attacking sense. I still think we will win the play offs.

Dont know if bollan would fancy staying or even if board would want him staying 

Agree with Nelly .Initial improvement in morale and  commitment but then played really poorly in the two crucial home games against Edinburgh and Berwick.Persisted  with one up front  when it wasn't working. Still seems to be struggling to find his best eleven.  He doesn't have an easy job but there are  Still possibilities.

I thought we were bad last season - just noticed it's basically a year since Fox left and after 25 games we had 19 points as opposed to 10 this time!  I actually can't remember the last time I felt happy going to a match!

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I thought we were bad last season - just noticed it's basically a year since Fox left and after 25 games we had 19 points as opposed to 10 this time!  I actually can't remember the last time I felt happy going to a match!

I still feel more confident now about winning upcoming matches than I did when Fox was in charge.

On 27/02/2018 at 15:55, speedframe said:

probably because theres a general acceptance we are in a bad place. after 3 years of continual downward spiral theres a big feeling of inevitability hanging around.

you are right to say though, results have been really poor under Bollan. he has had some backing too and brought in several players. 

i also thought he might have done a bit better and would say so far he has been a disappointment. 

saying that, if he keeps us up and got us to say  mid table next season then he would be classed as a success for me so too early to say definitively.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

scary fact

Archived