Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Development loan signing about to be announced....Brandon Luke for The Pars. Midfielder who was at Annan on loan earlier this season.

Any good? Shame not the other local young lad at Dunfermline too 

Bollan is certainly pulling out all the stops in our survival bid 

Let's get this show on the road starting tomorrow 

Looking back previous matches looks like Luke was mainly a benchwarmer with Annan. Perhaps he didn't fit into their team or used as cover but unusual for a development loan player to be mainly used on the bench. 

Give the lad a chance though and hope he can help our cause. Local too which sometimes helps even more 

21 hours ago, PELE said:

Crunch time for us now. We need to win about 10 of the remaining 17 games if we are to avoid the dreaded play off spot. We have to win on Saturday. No excuses anymore. It's do or die now every game.

No disrespect to Berwick, but if we can't get a win tomorrow, we are looking at the playoffs again.

Another bad day. We have to keep going though. It’s still possible. I do concede it’s getting difficult to remain positive.

Edit to add. Clyde have just scored and with City up 3-1 the positivity is almost extinct.

A shit day on the park but I have to mention about the 50/50 winner who donated £120 of his £140 prize to club 135 great gesture!

A great gesture on an otherwise disappointing day. Although difficult we must keep steadfast in our support for Gary and his young team. They need our encouragement more than ever now.

21 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

A great gesture on an otherwise disappointing day. Although difficult we must keep steadfast in our support for Gary and his young team. They need our encouragement more than ever now.

We can only hope Berwick played way better than normal today and we can gel quickly as a team and try to go on a winning streak. However, we are almost out of time if we are being realistic.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

We can only hope Berwick played way better than normal today and we can gel quickly as a team and try to go on a winning streak. However, we are almost out of time if we are being realistic.

It seems like team we’ve played recently have played way better than normal. We are the poorest team in the league by some way. 

It’s becoming a real effort to watch this every week.

Tell the fans that. No encouragement. Its the most negative tirade from kick off to full time from cowden fans. Defo no 12th man at central park.

3 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

I can understand why but we really need that 12th man more than ever based on today.

This VB its been a hard watch this season  but we do need to rally round things are bad enough without getting on players backs there's enough pressure on them as it is.

We are simply either not  good enough or the team just cannot gel together yet. 

Todays result and performance for me is a red flag based on how important that we have to start winning our games is  and must  instill a winning mentality.

Every game is a cup final but our players today lacked that desire compared to their opponents. This surprises me under Bollan from his own experience and what he has tried to do with the squad which for me makes it even more of a concern taking into account it very much looks like the dreaded trapdoor playoffs again

Let's be crystal clear here that team of players if they apply themselves like they have been doing in failing to win a bloody game of football since August and struggle to score then you don't have to be Einstein to work out that there won't be a Great Escape 2 as rest assured the potential teams coming up from the Lowland League or Highland will be watching our vulnerabilitys like a hawk and I hope there is measures of us doing the same. 

However today has now passed and I guess we just have to keep looking forward. When the 3rd goal went in I was of but rather than being angry I felt sad similar to that feeling when QOS scored that sickening equaliser a couple of years ago and probably like many of you it has certainly got me extremely concerned as I love our wee club but for the love of me I don't know why as it hasn't been an enjoyable experience following them for the past two to three seasons. 

The players need encouragement and to build their confidence but at the same time they need to have a stern word and to be told exactly what it means to the fans, history of the club to get us out if this hole. 

I don't know what all other fans think but I think we should be getting together with an emergency meeting with the board in putting some solutions forward to see what we can to help. For example is it a case we all organise a race night inviting players, staff and the board so we can create a togetherness that we are actually in this together to rise to the challenge that we face after today's result.

Obviously playing on the park and ability is a factor but it's amazing what a positive fan, board and players  experience can potentially create in the dressing room which could equal some much needed results on the park. Also by doing that the players may recognise what it really means to us to keep Cowdenbeath F.C going on for years to come. 

I'm willing to lead on that but who's in with me to try!!! 

This could be the last throw of the dice guys and I am not shy in saying everyone needs to stand up and be counted if they really want to see Cowdenbeath F.C survive and that goes to just as much the players as it does to fans and the board  etc 

Archived