Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Muirhead upfront on his own would be worse than watching X factor 

Well I would bet that watching our "front 2" on saturday was worse.  There is limitations to every player in our squad but with Muirhead up front he can take the ball in well and from what I seen has a good football brain. When one on one when facing a defender he is really good. He is clearly a decent finisher (brora game and sat game shows)

He needs a kick up the backside as his body language and general movement needs to improve but there is a player in there. Basically he can do more for us than other forwards in the squad and that is proven. Plus he is only going to get better with games. I genuinely couldnt say the same for boys like morris or garden. When I said play him upfront on his own it was meaning have whittaker/smith pushed right up beside him either side when we have the ball.

mone the cowden.

my unveiling is today.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Well I would bet that watching our "front 2" on saturday was worse.  There is limitations to every player in our squad but with Muirhead up front he can take the ball in well and from what I seen has a good football brain. When one on one when facing a defender he is really good. He is clearly a decent finisher (brora game and sat game shows)

He needs a kick up the backside as his body language and general movement needs to improve but there is a player in there. Basically he can do more for us than other forwards in the squad and that is proven. Plus he is only going to get better with games. I genuinely couldnt say the same for boys like morris or garden. When I said play him upfront on his own it was meaning have whittaker/smith pushed right up beside him either side when we have the ball.

mone the cowden.

my unveiling is today.

Always knew you're the man to get Cowden out of the shit. Mon the Nelly. 

Is Big Al part of the new set-up? Which players have you lined up for the midfield and full back positions to come in ? 

Exciting times ahead for Cowden. 

11 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Always knew you're the man to get Cowden out of the shit. Mon the Nelly. 

Is Big Al part of the new set-up? Which players have you lined up for the midfield and full back positions to come in ? 

Exciting times ahead for Cowden. 

Big al is the events co-ordinator (e.g team nights out) only thing he is good for.

midfield signings fusco and blow the budget on josh walker from edinburgh city. full backs - alan archibald for left back (better than rutherford)

striker - id sign the boy from montrose gary wood or gary woods. Good pace and nippy as feck to centre halfs.  Would rather have big templeman as our focal point slower than a week in the jail but the best hold it in player/bring others into the game in the division IMO.

Just now, HenryHill said:

With the delays and this talk of Bollan as manager I can only assume Nelly was not guaranteed the funds to rebuild in January or was offered better deal elsewhere.

Cowden cowboy wouldnt loosen the purse strings sadly. Had to walk away. Now joining Junction Bar FC on a 12 year deal. Within 10 we will be in the spfl.

29 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Stevie Campbell to help bollan out for you lot.Could be a good appointment for you lot,campbell well respected in the game.

Fantastic if true. He has a good pedigree whilst at Dundee Utd albeit was sacked in strange circumstances if I recall.

Bold appointment and wont be well liked by some people.I personally think the choice makes complete sense and he could be the exact type of figurehead at the club to get things moving in the right direction. Some of the players maybe wont like him who knows and who cares. They have not shown enough and they deserve to have more discipline in how we play/train etc etc.

Good Luck to Gary. He will need it and im sure he can pull off a signing or 2 from lower leagues and get us working our way up the league.

And to think I was calling him a baldy c*nt the last time Forfar played Cowden at Central Park after his antics when Rutherford was sent off. Good luck Gary for the rest of the season. Being a fickle football fan & an idiot  I will no longer call you a baldy, cheating c*nt from now on. 

Gary will need support to get us going. Happy that someone has taken on the job for a start and it's a positive appointment.  It will take time with the players we have but I hope for the best.  All the best and welcome to Cowden.

Ticks all the boxes for Cowden316 as well with him being an ex-Ger & a hard taskmaster. 

35 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Bold appointment and wont be well liked by some people.I personally think the choice makes complete sense and he could be the exact type of figurehead at the club to get things moving in the right direction. Some of the players maybe wont like him who knows and who cares. They have not shown enough and they deserve to have more discipline in how we play/train etc etc.

Good Luck to Gary. He will need it and im sure he can pull off a signing or 2 from lower leagues and get us working our way up the league.

You’re a slavering whore Nelzo

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Stevie Campbell to help bollan out for you lot.Could be a good appointment for you lot,campbell well respected in the game.

Is he leaving his role at Brechin to take up an assistant place at Cowden? :huh:

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

played a huge part in our title win.

One Gary Bollan.

Not surprised, he's huge :lol:

Archived