Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

I'm not actually making a point though am I.
You mentioned you rolled Bo'ness over, and that would be expected as they probably only had two or three player's of the standard of your team. 
My point is this probably upwards of 40 young guys that could easily make the step up but I'll guarantee clubs will sign the 38 year old on his way out before even looking.

Some do, some don't. You could put a squad together of best players at any level and they'd do well at the level above.

There are numerous examples of players who step up from juniors and do well and plenty who've stepped up and bombed. There won't however be any managers out there who will be neglecting the chance (willingly) to sign good quality players who will
Improve their squad. As such, there's often something that holds back those top junior players- home situ, family life, job, wages, confidence in themselves or just a series of managers who consistently think they aren't good enough for the next level.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent news. 
Wonder what will happen re keepers. Someone mentioned Sneddon going to Malaga?!

Sorry but that's brilliant. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Boys away on his holidays and you think he's signing for a La Liga team. Class.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was Jamie was on holiday and spotted by a Real Mallorca scout playing football.

Remember these Spanish waiters we had a year or two ago, Andy? They looked great on their videos on YouTube. In reality, their service was a bit slow...

11 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Remember these Spanish waiters we had a year or two ago, Andy? They looked great on their videos on YouTube. In reality, their service was a bit slow...

I thought Ruben Garcia had something about him & a little unlucky as for the other two pretty poor,

Ruben looked okay imo. Didn't get much of a run out but he loved going steaming into tackles which I was a big fan of. Felt he could have offered more.

It was another Spaniard in the VoL game - his name escapes me. He looked brilliant that day.

Im still not sure if Pablo Navas exists. 

Colin Cameron had some weird signings. 

9 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Was it Ruben that looked like Pele against Vale of Leithen and then crashed and burned

No I think that was Navas.

Last game Ruben  played that I recall was as CB against Raith where we lost 3:2

Nah it was a guy called Albert (I think) in the VoL game. An ageing central midfielder. He liked the fact that 10 men VoL gave him acres of space - he was not so effective against an actual team. What a laugh. 

9 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Ruben looked okay imo. Didn't get much of a run out but he loved going steaming into tackles which I was a big fan of. Felt he could have offered more.

It was another Spaniard in the VoL game - his name escapes me. He looked brilliant that day.

Im still not sure if Pablo Navas exists:thumsup2

Colin Cameron had some weird signings. 

Aye Muzz it was non other than the bold Albert ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Puigdollers

5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Gary is on holiday so doubt we'll be hearing much until he is back.

Would he be away to Malaga looking for a keeper?

Archived