Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

10 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

We all know that Dick loves singing a sectarian song or two from time to time. Just like our chairman does. This could be a massive lure to leave a buoyant Arbroath to come fight a relegation battle to the Lowland League.

Don't worry no one wants to come to Cowden. Even I find it hard to visit CP these days.  

Board need to get the finger oot & appoint the dream team of Nelly & Big Al with Scotty G as 1st team coach fast. 

Nelly is far too crabbit and Big Al doesn’t go to away games, so come on down Scottie G!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/11/2017 at 12:56, The_Pit_Owns said:

I saw Edinburgh had Farid El Alagui playing as a trialist yesterday and signed Scott Shepard on loan from Falkirk during the week. They've also got Jesus Garcia Tena on their books now. Granted, with the exception of Shepard (who could be a very good loan signing), these guys won't be match fit but if and when they get up to speed, they could be the difference for City. Josh Walker also looks like a good player.

Billy Brown is telling us that no one wants to come to Cowdenbeath and it's so hard to attract experienced players. Other clubs manage it so why couldn't he? He obviously wasn't looking hard enough.

Farid El Alagui. who played pre-season as a trialist, and Jesus Garcia Tena could be classed as Gary Jardine discoveries. To be fair James McDonaugh has brought in Shepherd and must have one or two other targets in sight for signing in January.   

Maybe this chap fancies a gig- scored a few goals last season and he prefers playing on grass to plastic

clycit15.thumb.jpg.579e50581dfff11af180df7edea1f92a.jpg

52 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Gary jardine according to the record

usain bolt as player manager in the  daily star, probably.

No offence to Gary but I would view that as a negative appointment. Yes he has done tremendous in guiding City to the SPFL but I would be worried any potential appointment of him was a safety net of his knowledge and experience  of the lowland League should the worst happen. 

At no point did I say he was.

No you said I was just listing my favourite players.

I was listing Campbell’s guys that he’s finally now managed to bring to the club, giving them 2 years, he’s not going to throw in the towel less than half way.

That was my point.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/09/23/lewis-milne-lauds-high-standards-gruelling-demands-gary-bollan-forfar-athletic-keep-pace-manchester-city/

Gary Bollan continues to be my realistic  number one choice and this article by Lewis Milne backs this up for me back in 2016. 

Bollans reputation for setting high standards to his players and gruelling training for fitness is exactly what our club  needs just now  as it has been lacking and has been evident on the park with the sheer lack of professionalism over the past seasons with the exception of Gary Locke working his magic. 

If Bollan were appointed with the aim of getting us out of the dangerzone then allowed to start building his squad for next season we could have a decent appointment going by his credentials which is credible rather than some newbie who can talk a good game. 

Results is what we need here and cannot afford to take risks. Bollan for me is the safe option. 

3 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Gary jardine according to the record

usain bolt as player manager in the  daily star, probably.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

No offence to Gary but I would view that as a negative appointment. Yes he has done tremendous in guiding City to the SPFL but I would be worried any potential appointment of him was a safety net of his knowledge and experience  of the lowland League should the worst happen. 

Gary was at the game on Saturday, in fact he was also at the EK cup tie just after he left City.

He done a good job at Edinburgh City took them from mid table in the EOSL to winning the LL twice eventually getting them promoted and keeping them up.

I would imagine he will have really good contacts in the non league/ Edinburgh football scene as most of what he done at City was when they were being watched by about 70-80 folk at home games so he will know how to build a team on a tight budget.

Think your being a wee bit harsh on the guy 316 although if the worse came to the worse and we went down he would most certainly be a good guy to have in the league below as pointed out above.

Just because he came from a non league back ground dosn't mean to say he isn't a good manager. Had plenty of folk who have been "names" and done very little in years gone by.

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Gary was at the game on Saturday, in fact he was also at the EK cup tie just after he left City.

He done a good job at Edinburgh City took them from mid table in the EOSL to winning the LL twice eventually getting them promoted and keeping them up.

I would imagine he will have really good contacts in the non league/ Edinburgh football scene as most of what he done at City was when they were being watched by about 70-80 folk at home games so he will know how to build a team on a tight budget.

Think your being a wee bit harsh on the guy 316 although if the worse came to the worse and we went down he would most certainly be a good guy to have in the league below as pointed out above.

Just because he came from a non league back ground dosn't mean to say he isn't a good manager. Had plenty of folk who have been "names" and done very little in years gone by.

It would be an underwhelming appointment Andy.  He left Edinburgh City as they were in a similar position to us in the SPFL this season. 

As I say no offence to the guy but City probably have a bigger budget than us and they are only one point in front of us. 

5 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

It would be an underwhelming appointment Andy.  He left Edinburgh City as they were in a similar position to us in the SPFL this season. 

As I say no offence to the guy but City probably have a bigger budget than us and they are only one point in front of us. 

Yet your touting Jason who has less experience?

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yet your touting Jason who has less experience?

I am not touting Jason you will find Connor is who uses the same logo as me. 

No thanks to Jason he's been here under the disappointing  Fox regime 

Gary Bollan for me taking into account his credible experience in the lower leagues 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No you said I was just listing my favourite players.

I was listing Campbell’s guys that he’s finally now managed to bring to the club, giving them 2 years, he’s not going to throw in the towel less than half way.

That was my point.

Surely there is nobody anywhere who thinks Campbell would move to us as things stand?

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t envy Donald’s position. Whoever he appoints, it’s going to be wrong for some folk.

Can't please everyone but this might be one of the most important managerial appointment in the clubs history. The board have a good track record when it comes to  replacing someone during the season when  we are faced with relegation Nicholl replacing Cameron giving us that famous EastEnd park joy to which we haven't had any joy since and Gary Locke galvanising the squad last season. 

Archived