Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

Would be happy enough with any of these options: Danny Lennon, Colin Cameron, Barry Ferguson, John Coughlin or Martin Lauchlan. Hope the board don't give it to Jim Moffat as like everyone has said he needs to take some responsibility for our performance this season as well as Billy.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it standard practice to put the job advert on Facebook/Twitter? I know the power of social media but it leaves it wide open for ridicule with arseholes thinking they're hilarious.

Just seems extremely odd and a bit unprofessional to me.

19 minutes ago, __connor123 said:

Would be happy enough with any of these options: Danny Lennon, Colin Cameron, Barry Ferguson, John Coughlin or Martin Lauchlan. Hope the board don't give it to Jim Moffat as like everyone has said he needs to take some responsibility for our performance this season as well as Billy.

You would be happy with Barry Ferguson?  You saw what he done with us?  Right?  By all means fire in as it would certainly help our case.    

40 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Is it standard practice to put the job advert on Facebook/Twitter? I know the power of social media but it leaves it wide open for ridicule with arseholes thinking they're hilarious.

Should we only advertise the job on official job websites like S1jobs?

If we are worried about comments on social media, should we not have announced that Billy had left? There was a number of "struggling, struggling" and "been places, done things" comments. 

Surely the most important thing is that we find the right man for the job? 

1 hour ago, __connor123 said:

Barry Ferguson?? Steady Connor.

Yes it is pretty standard practice - why not just ignore the comments

This is my alias. Please don't bite.

#AnswerTheMcCall

Cowdenbeath was "the hardest job I ever had" according to Billy Brown

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/01/cowdenbeath-was-the-hardest-job-i-ever-had-according-to-billy-brown/

Look out for an audio interview on my website with @Cowden Cowboy tomorrow where David talks about the start to the season, the search for a new manager and an update on the money raised through Club135 so far. 

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Should we only advertise the job on official job websites like S1jobs?

If we are worried about comments on social media, should we not have announced that Billy had left? There was a number of "struggling, struggling" and "been places, done things" comments. 

Surely the most important thing is that we find the right man for the job? 

This x 1000.  Why wouldn't we put it out there on Social Media?  If 1000 people make a joke but one decent candidate sees it and applies then it's worth it.

Archived