Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

So we currently have - 
GK - David McGurn, Joe McGovern
DF - Jamie Pyper, Scott Rumsby, Shaun Rutherford, David Syme
MF - Fraser Mullen, Robbie Buchannan, Kyle Miller, 
FW - Cameron Muirhead, Josh Morris, Jack Whittaker (winger also)
Youngsters - Jordan Leslie, Sean McManus, Lewis Turnbull and Harvey Swann?
We've heard nothing about the plans of the following players -
I'm presuming we've released Gerry McLaughlan and Gary Glen while Matthew Rooney is/was on trial at Raith.

For a youngster Harvey Swann played with a lot of confidence and maturity on Saturday.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

So we currently have - 

GK - David McGurn, Joe McGovern

DF - Jamie Pyper, Scott Rumsby, Shaun Rutherford, David Syme

MF - Fraser Mullen, Robbie Buchannan, Kyle Miller, 

FW - Cameron Muirhead, Josh Morris, Jack Whittaker (winger also)

Youngsters - Jordan Leslie, Sean McManus, Lewis Turnbull and Harvey Swann?

We've heard nothing about the plans of the following players -

I'm presuming we've released Gerry McLaughlan and Gary Glen while Matthew Rooney is/was on trial at Raith.

Shaping up now. Still a bit light in midfield and another defender would be good if Gerry has gone.

Renton is going to be difficult to replace.

A think it's 100% true fi a good source deano didn't want to disrespect Bonnyrigg as he'd already done so with signing for montrose a think hel go back next season or January

I can guarantee that Dean wasn't given the chance to come back. He was sacked by the club - they arent just going to hire him back at the first chance.

I can guarantee you the club after an hour he signed for Bonnyrigg Cowden were on the phone wanting him back. Given that Polwarth got to stay Thomson back in spfl with goodwillie. the club are looking for a right back within budget if bb thinks deano is the answer that's great. Would love to see him back. I was as surprised as hell to get told from a friend of deanos

I can guarantee you the club after an hour he signed for Bonnyrigg Cowden were on the phone wanting him back. Given that Polwarth got to stay Thomson back in spfl with goodwillie. the club are looking for a right back within budget if bb thinks deano is the answer that's great. Would love to see him back. I was as surprised as hell to get told from a friend of deanos

He's a better right back than Pyper anyway. Maybe one day he will return.

21 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Pre season results mean nowt
More worried about injury to Morris. Any news?

This, it was very much a Pars second string with only one player having played the night before v Hibs. Team was all the boys who had been on the bench for that game, nothing to get excited about.

I suppose it would have been a useful game for BB to see the 4 trialists, also Kyle Miller got a run out after being on holiday and missing the QOS game.

Goalkeeper clattered into him as he scored and caused haematoma on leg so went to hospital.  Should hopefully be ok but we believed it needed drained.  Team last night had 4 trialists - McGurn and Rumsby were both away on holiday (Josh is on holiday for Buckie game)

Just caught up with recent events as on holiday. Think Brown will do fine as Cowden manager. Lockes new job looks boring as f**k but will obviously pay more.  We could do with a dull mid table finish after recent seasons and feel Brown can give us a bit of much needed stability. 

The guy came back from holiday to help the team in the play off relegation final so he is committed to the cause. No more experiments needed just now. We will all be behind him and the team for sure. 

Surely the only way is up now? The gull has spoken ;) .

18 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Just caught up with recent events as on holiday. Think Brown will do fine as Cowden manager. Lockes new job looks boring as f**k but will obviously pay more.  We could do with a dull mid table finish after recent seasons and feel Brown can give us a bit of much needed stability. 

The guy came back from holiday to help the team in the play off relegation final so he is committed to the cause. No more experiments needed just now. We will all be behind him and the team for sure. 

Surely the only way is up now? The gull has spoken ;) .

Aye need a bit of stability after the last 3 seasons Coo that's for sure.

On 2017-7-5 at 23:38, The Minertaur said:

I can guarantee that Dean wasn't given the chance to come back. He was sacked by the club - they arent just going to hire him back at the first chance.

Aye? This is your opinion, that is all. 

Archived