Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Heard of 2 people we are interested in and even getting 1 boy out of the 2 would be fantasic signings. Billy is a good coach so ive heard and although he is a bit old school he may make us hard to beat and wouldnt accept slackers thats for sure (FOX did!).

I think we should get in someone finishing career to be his assistant to then step up when brown leaves. e.g jimmy nicholl/colin cameron scenario..

I was thinking along the same lines get a younger number 2 in who can eventually take over when Billy retires.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a funny feeling McGurn might step into the role as a player/assistant. Not against that but would love to get another new face for the pitch that can be an assistant as well as a playing asset.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Who are the 2 you've heard? I've heard nothing sadly - bit out of the loop being in Aberdeen!

Not gonna say but ones an ex killie player training with another club just now. The other one is well known to us.

Not gonna say but ones an ex killie player training with another club just now. The other one is well known to us.

Interesting especially as there will be news of new signings on social media shortly! How many will Nelly get right?

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Interesting especially as there will be news of new signings on social media shortly! How many will Nelly get right?

He is right about one being well know to us.

47 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Just back from Majorca and met a couple of Killie fans who know the mother of the player involved. They said he had signed or was signing for Cowden. Didn't believe it at the time but if the same rumour is coming from another source there might be something to it.

Maybe Locke leaving has complicated things though.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just back from Majorca and met a couple of Killie fans who know the mother of the player involved. They said he had signed or was signing for Cowden. Didn't believe it at the time but if the same rumour is coming from another source there might be something to it.

Maybe Locke leaving has complicated things though.

Not for the first time.

Image result for john yogi hughes

No idea what that Whittaker is like, but at least it's a new face. I like Robbie, but I feel he has to produce the goods more often if he wants to improve and earn a decent move. Still young enough.

33 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

No idea what that Whittaker is like, but at least it's a new face. I like Robbie, but I feel he has to produce the goods more often if he wants to improve and earn a decent move. Still young enough.

Whittaker was the name I got. Killie fans reckon he's pretty good.

Excellent to get some more signed up. Presuming we are still going in for some loan deals and looking to strengthen.  We've a young team so certainly need some experience somewhere outfield as we only really have McGurn with a wealth of experience.  Didn't realise Rumsby was only 23!

Happy with the signing of McGovern. There's a part of me which is actually a bit worried about McGurn being #1 as he struggled a little bit last season and hasn't really had much game time recently.  Fingers crossed he proves me wrong.

19 hours ago, PELE said:

How many players do we have now?

19 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

So we currently have - 

GK - David McGurn, Joe McGovern

DF - Jamie Pyper, Scott Rumsby, Shaun Rutherford, David Syme

MF - Fraser Mullen, Robbie Buchanan, Kyle Miller, 

FW - Cameron Muirhead, Josh Morris, Jack Whittaker (winger also)

Youngsters - Jordan Leslie, Sean McManus, Lewis Turnbull and Harvey Swann?

We've heard nothing about the plans of the following players -

I'm presuming we've released Gerry McLaughlan and Gary Glen while Matthew Rooney is/was on trial at Raith.

17 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

He was the number 7 on Saturday v QOS.

Archived