Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

21 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Not long until the betfred group draw, always going to be a challenge for us with the groups being seeded so will take anything that boost us financially

Chance of a rematch with Cove Rangers, but no chance of same crowd!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Minertaur said:

f**k that. ICT and Cove away. Would be amazing if we were the first team to win at Coves new ground :lol:

Their 1st home game will be the 1st official game there I would imagine we're the last club they would want for that:lol:

On 5/8/2018 at 17:29, Kierkegaard said:

Here's another pic of Cowden fans celebrating winning the title, 5af1d044ecfbf_10.FansWeeJimmies.jpg.6a0decd17213c3fdae06275abc4755f2.jpg at Wee Jimmie's

That Derek in the middle? Great guy. 

On 5/10/2018 at 13:35, The Minertaur said:

In non play off news Mixu has just been appointed manager of Latvia. 

Weird country, beautiful women. 

28 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Incidentally, I notice Hearts  were in the North section and Edinburgh City in the South

There’s eight seeded teams to be allocated accordingly. Impossible to do otherwise, doesn’t always make a lot of sense but that’s the situation they put themselves in with the groups and regionalisation.

I like the group stages of the League cup however there are a lot of complaints about the ‘regionalisation’ but in such a small country there’s no other way to do it. 

We have been given a corker of group. Cove away would be delicious. 

30 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

There’s eight seeded teams to be allocated accordingly. Impossible to do otherwise, doesn’t always make a lot of sense but that’s the situation they put themselves in with the groups and regionalisation.

I like the group stages of the League cup however there are a lot of complaints about the ‘regionalisation’ but in such a small country there’s no other way to do it. 

I like the group stage, but it does seem a problem where it seems to take the place of friendlies but you can't play trialists.

37 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

surely hearts and inverness away and raith and cove at home?

we cant possibly qualify and are in this for revenue mainly.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

surely hearts and inverness away and raith and cove at home?

we cant possibly qualify and are in this for revenue mainly.

Cove away in the opening of their new ground, with what’s just gone on, would draw a respectively big crowd and a pretty large media attention. I’m not sure what the capacity of Balmoral Stadium will be but it could easy be a sell out in a decent atmosphere. Give me that over Inverness or Raith any day of the week. It would be more enjoyable than going to Tynecastle (again) but naturally that would have a much larger financial benefit. 

Good bit of money involved with the hearts and raith games I’d imagine each group has a game on Bt aswell so fingers crossed they show us vs hearts

Who told you that? Not the case. They have 5 picks (as far as I remember) but they can pick who they want to show. The first season they showed 3 out of 4 Rangers games.

Archived