Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Hearing different stories re gate money
How’s it split?

Think all the play-off money is shared.

A bit similar to last year. Smith (like winning penalty scorer Henderson) is all left foot and I always believe you cannot play at the top level if you cannot use both feet (unless of course you are Maradona etc). However, despite moaning at both of them, they both scored massively important goals for the club.

1 minute ago, vince sinclair said:

That’s what most are saying but few folks saying Home team keeps all?

Not totally sure. I heard a rumour that it is different between the leagues. Maybe we do keep it all.

Not totally sure. I heard a rumour that it is different between the leagues. Maybe we do keep it all.

The play offs to get into the Premier are different as part of gate money is used to help fund parachute payments to teams relegated from Premier. The play offs at all the levels below that the gate money is 100% retained by the home side

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The play offs to get into the Premier are different as part of gate money is used to help fund parachute payments to teams relegated from Premier. The play offs at all the levels below that the gate money is 100% retained by the home side

Excellent. Trebles all round.

On 5/6/2018 at 21:17, Kierkegaard said:

Yes. I'll have the mouth organ I played when we thrashed the Pars 3-0 at East End Park.  If we win, I'll play Beethoven's Ode to Joy - nothing like a bit of classical music at Central Park...if anyone  blows on a foghorn at the same time I'll be absolutely beeling

Bluebell moothie.jpg

So it is true. Cows have four stomachs.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:17, Kierkegaard said:

Yes. I'll have the mouth organ I played when we thrashed the Pars 3-0 at East End Park.  If we win, I'll play Beethoven's Ode to Joy - nothing like a bit of classical music at Central Park...if anyone  blows on a foghorn at the same time I'll be absolutely beeling

Bluebell moothie.jpg

I will have more than a few abiding memories of today but one is Ron carrying out his promise to play Ode to Joy on his moothie in the Board Room of all places  with Gordon Brown, Craig Brown and other Notables of the Scottish game watching on in amazement.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Indeed. A lot of ex and current players. A crowd of 500 per week should not be impossible but sadly it is.

Yeah. I spotted a good few again.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Indeed. A lot of ex and current players. A crowd of 500 per week should not be impossible but sadly it is.

I was speaking to the chairman outside the back of the stand before the game and we were talking about the crowd as he said if we had half of them turning up every week we wouldn't be in this league looking at a play off which was a fair point.

Well done Cowdenbeath on beating the drop. It would have been nice to see Cove in the SPFL to see how they would progress but I would have hated it to be at the expense of a one of Scotland's traditional established teams.

Hopefully Cowden can take inspiration from the Mo now push on from this and let someone else finish bottom next season (hopefully Berwick or Clyde!! :D)

On 5/6/2018 at 21:17, Kierkegaard said:

This must be you at 3:42:

Seems Bollan has agreed for next season. Let’s see what he can do given a better chance now.

i would keep mcgurn, gilfillan, Swann as absolutely essential.

also keep smith, Buchanan, Mullen, Reilly.

we won’t run with a massive squad so I would like to see us try and replace he rest with better players.

i would already be on the phone to deano, see the difference from gilfillan coming in, a guy who really wants to play for the club , so it’s time for dean to come home for me.

i would also go for kenny Adamson again. Spoke to him recently and he wasn’t playing since leaving Kelty but misses it and he’s still young enough. At least a pre season to see if both parties happy.

wouldnt be against Malcolm returning on loan again but no idea if that’s at all likely.

we need at least half the team refreshed anyway, the rot has to stop right now.

Archived