Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuinely hate these games, it’s horrible.
went and stood myself 2nd half at invirurie last week to get away from the tension.
also full of people who don’t normally go, and I know it’s great for the bank balance etc but for me it’s just not enjoyable.

Must admit I’m the same. Only neutrals enjoy any Play Off games, surely?

Also a pain in the bum when ‘Johnny Come Lately’s’ and hangers on jump on the band wagon, you know it means absolutely nothing to them but they all crawl out of the wood work like loyal supporters when really, they’re a pain in the arse but the money for the day comes in handy.

Once the dust settles on today, we really do need mass clearout. Only players I'd keep are McGurn, Swann, Gilfillan, Buchanan, Reilly, Connelly and Smith. I have been so disappointed in Cox - he's given us absolutely nothing but I expect Bollan will want to keep him. In saying that, I wouldn't be unhappy if Bollan left in place of a player manager to try and get two employees in one for financial reasons. A gamble it may be, but that's two dreadful seasons in a row, I think it would be worth it.

Once the dust settles on today, we really do need mass clearout. Only players I'd keep are McGurn, Swann, Gilfillan, Buchanan, Reilly, Connelly and Smith. I have been so disappointed in Cox - he's given us absolutely nothing but I expect Bollan will want to keep him. In saying that, I wouldn't be unhappy if Bollan left in place of a player manager to try and get two employees in one for financial reasons. A gamble it may be, but that's two dreadful seasons in a row, I think it would be worth it.
Coxy was such a hard working 100% guy for the Loons surprised at that if it's true. Dug us out of a fair few holes last season the wee guy did.

Coxy was such a hard working 100% guy for the Loons surprised at that if it's true. Dug us out of a fair few holes last season the wee guy did.

His work rate isn't in question. He's just been absolutely shite which is doubly disappointing as everyone knows what he's capable of.

His work rate isn't in question. He's just been absolutely shite which is doubly disappointing as everyone knows what he's capable of.
Exactly. Scored a fair few with us but that said had some pretty decent support around him last season. Denholm Swankie O'Brien all the Arbroath turncoats basically !

24 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Feel pretty similar aswell mate.

personally I don’t think Bollan is the answer. 

Maybe Fotheringham to step up as manager would be a good move.

any manager is a gamble though.

We wouldn’t have had a team that could have came back like that in the second half today if we hadn’t had Bollan.
He’s more than earned the right to stay. I think he should and expect he will.
Other than that, as has been said, let’s just let the dust settle a bit and savour this fantastic day.

Just now, Velazquez Blue said:

We wouldn’t have had a team that could have came back like that in the second half today if we hadn’t had Bollan.
He’s more than earned the right to stay. I think he should and expect he will.
Other than that, as has been said, let’s just let the dust settle a bit and savour this fantastic day.

It’s not a fantastic day. It’s just a relief from what could have been.

the team has been abysmal apart from a short spell a month or two ago and the 2nd half today.

got to love brian gilfillan though, a future Cowden manager maybe.

the team has been abysmal apart from a short spell a month or two ago and the 2nd half today.

Gilfillan has single handedly turned the tide in defence and this has allowed Harvey to grow in confidence.
On BBC website that Donald has stated Gary Bollan will stay on next season.

7 minutes ago, big al said:

Gilfillan is awesome.

This. Being happy at staying in the league does not equate to fantastic. We've been horrendous for the last few seasons.

Bollan has achieved what he was told to do so in that respect, he has earned the right but he's not the man for me to be in charge next season - much the same as Nicholl should have went after keeping us up in the Championship.

On 5/6/2018 at 21:17, Kierkegaard said:

Yes. I'll have the mouth organ I played when we thrashed the Pars 3-0 at East End Park.  If we win, I'll play Beethoven's Ode to Joy - nothing like a bit of classical music at Central Park...if anyone  blows on a foghorn at the same time I'll be absolutely beeling

Bluebell moothie.jpg

I wondered what you were playing. I thought it was Waltzing Matilda!

2 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

This. Being happy at staying in the league does not equate to fantastic. We've been horrendous for the last few seasons.

Bollan has achieved what he was told to do so in that respect, he has earned the right but he's not the man for me to be in charge next season - much the same as Nicholl should have went after keeping us up in the Championship.

I don't think Bollan is anything special, but he did make a big difference when he came in and we would not have been bottom had he been there all season, despite a poor squad. I wouldn't have a problem with him being in charge next season and seeing what he can do.

Archived