Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye that was from a pre season game at the start of that season v a Rangers XI.

Edited to add that's a blurred Davie Watt in the background.

Beat me to it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye that was from a pre season game at the start of that season v a Rangers XI.

Edited to add that's a blurred Davie Watt in the background.

Humped them 4-0 i seem to remember. All the goals before half time?

4 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

That's us signed Jamie Sneddon. Caught wind of it before the end of the season. Seems to be highly thought of. Will go into our Under 20 squad but will be back-up for the first team.

Great business for Thistle. Won't be in the u20 squad for long!

30 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

That's us signed Jamie Sneddon. Caught wind of it before the end of the season. Seems to be highly thought of. Will go into our Under 20 squad but will be back-up for the first team.

Sounds like a win-win situation. Jamie gets the move he richly deserves, we get compensation for the work we put into his development, and we still have a class keeper on our books in the shape of David McGurn.

Gutted Jamie is away. The lad was class and I genuinely believe he can go on to become a top keeper in the scottish premier league if given a chance. He reminds me so much of Craig Gordon when he came on loan to us at a young age (height aside).

Mcgurn is a class keeper for this level still. Wont have played for a good few months though..

At the moment Cerny is our best player but he's 32 so it could well work nicely for Sneddon if he looks the part to step up in a couple of years time. Would rather we weren't sticking him in the under 20s though, surely he'd be better off in the lower leagues. 

23 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

At the moment Cerny is our best player but he's 32 so it could well work nicely for Sneddon if he looks the part to step up in a couple of years time. Would rather we weren't sticking him in the under 20s though, surely he'd be better off in the lower leagues. 

My opinion too good to play u20s football. Get him in the championship with a dumbarton or something or if to guarantee 1st team football league 1.

51 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Gutted Jamie is away. The lad was class and I genuinely believe he can go on to become a top keeper in the scottish premier league if given a chance. He reminds me so much of Craig Gordon when he came on loan to us at a young age (height aside).

Mcgurn is a class keeper for this level still. Wont have played for a good few months though..

Can't stand in the way of the boys progress. It should work out for both parties - Jamie gets a crack at full time football and we get a development fee. It actually makes a change getting a fee for one of our youngsters instead of losing them for nowt when their 23. 

He is the best young keeper we've had since the days of Craig Gordon. Good luck to him.

Shame Jamie is away but he was always going to get a full time club. Wonderful opportunity for him and I wish him all the best. His last touch for us was saving the penalty which has probably saved the club from a bleak future.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Shame Jamie is away but he was always going to get a full time club. Wonderful opportunity for him and I wish him all the best. His last touch for us was saving the penalty which has probably saved the club from a bleak future.

Maybe should say saved the club from extinction, but still leaves us with a bleak future?

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Chin up, can't be talking like that at the start of a new season. Whatever happens, can't be as bad as the last one.

It's  always a battle fighting against the odds to keep the club going but as you say we've got to keep our chin up and all chip in to keep the club  going. The future would have been really bleak if the penalty shoot out had gone the wrong way, at least we're still here who knows what would have happened had we lost to EK.

Archived