Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

25 minutes ago, NELLY said:

If you are a cowden fan - died in the wool fan as some like to say. Dont understand why you would go watch another club and stop going to Cowden. Baffles me.

Agreed.  If you've support Cowden for years you're not just going to jump across to Kelty because they have better facilities.  I can kind of understand the point about neutrals who may head to Central Park possibly heading to Kelty instead.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NELLY said:

If you are a cowden fan - died in the wool fan as some like to say. Dont understand why you would go watch another club and stop going to Cowden. Baffles me.

Not the point pal.

died in wool will always be there

its the rest who will go with the good times, human instinct 

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Why is some guy posting photos of Sir Alex Ferguson?

As Man Utd have no game this week, he is coming to cheer us on at Stirling.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Agree. If we have a game on or start to fare even worse, I would not start attending Kelty matches (even if we went under). I have been to their ground for neutral cup finals and youth games though.

Good luck to Kelty. I hope it all keeps going well for them, but despite the positive vibe coming out from their support, I cannot see the success continuing long term. The reason we are struggling is down to the excessive costs required to be in the SPFL. It is the same for many small clubs. Plenty of us struggle. Why would a small club like Kelty suddenly be any different? It's a small town with a small ground and small support. Most small clubs, like us, need someone putting money in or have really lucky cup runs every so often.

If Kelty reach the SPFL, see how many fans are willing to pay the increased entry fee. I believe their crowds and revenue are lower now than when in the juniors.

Guest Landan Spiv

I'm not donating a penny to Cowdenbeath until it is mathematically impossible for them to catch City in the battle for survival. 

I'll donate if you catch Berwick, in fact I'll double it. 

Agree. If we have a game on or start to fare even worse, I would not start attending Kelty matches (even if we went under). I have been to their ground for neutral cup finals and youth games though.
Good luck to Kelty. I hope it all keeps going well for them, but despite the positive vibe coming out from their support, I cannot see the success continuing long term. The reason we are struggling is down to the excessive costs required to be in the SPFL. It is the same for many small clubs. Plenty of us struggle. Why would a small club like Kelty suddenly be any different? It's a small town with a small ground and small support. Most small clubs, like us, need someone putting money in or have really lucky cup runs every so often.
If Kelty reach the SPFL, see how many fans are willing to pay the increased entry fee. I believe their crowds and revenue are lower now than when in the juniors.
I think Kelty's crowds are actually up on last season despite having little in the way of away supports and battering teams 8, 9 and 10 nothing every week. They've also set up a women's team, are doing loads to increase their visibility in the community and are looking to improve their facilities. I'm not sure what the excessive costs to be in the SPFL are that other clubs including Kelty would be able to pay that Cowdenbeath couldn't? Given that you already get a minimum of £17,000 for BetFred Cup participation, money for the two other senior cups, etc would you be able to pay whatever you need to at whatever level you think you'd be at without that money?

7 hours ago, NELLY said:

Your right Nelly can only support one team. I go to a lot of games as a neutral when Cowden arn't playing which is good for a day/night out but there's only one Scottish team I could ever support.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
5 hours ago, PELE said:

I think Kelty's crowds are actually up on last season despite having little in the way of away supports and battering teams 8, 9 and 10 nothing every week. They've also set up a women's team, are doing loads to increase their visibility in the community and are looking to improve their facilities. I'm not sure what the excessive costs to be in the SPFL are that other clubs including Kelty would be able to pay that Cowdenbeath couldn't? Given that you already get a minimum of £17,000 for BetFred Cup participation, money for the two other senior cups, etc would you be able to pay whatever you need to at whatever level you think you'd be at without that money?

Think i've only been at one of their league games this season v Heriot Watt crowd didn't kook too bad for a midweek with no away fans.

Off the top of my head I would say any increased costs for them being in the SPFL would be having to have proper stewards at games and extra travel costs to places like Elgin, Annan etc, although they do have to travel down to Berwick at present. I would think some of their players will be on League 2 type wages already so no difference in that respect I suppose.

Someone made a good point about their fans having to pay increased entry fee in the SPFL would be interesting if that would put some folk off if they were not doing so well but that's just something you would have to wait and see about.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think i've only been at one of their league games this season v Heriot Watt crowd didn't kook too bad for a midweek with no away fans.

Off the top of my head I would say any increased costs for them being in the SPFL would be having to have proper stewards at games and extra travel costs to places like Elgin, Annan etc, although they do have to travel down to Berwick at present. I would think some of their players will be on League 2 type wages already so no difference in that respect I suppose.

Someone made a good point about their fans having to pay increased entry fee in the SPFL would be interesting if that would put some folk off if they were not doing so well but that's just something you would have to wait and see about.

Well in the spfl, you need a doctor present and can’t imagine they are cheap !

add proper stewards, proper first aid and the minimum wage for players ! I’m sure david Allan said last night it’s minimum £100 PW for a 20 year old.

11 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well in the spfl, you need a doctor present and can’t imagine they are cheap !

add proper stewards, proper first aid and the minimum wage for players ! I’m sure david Allan said last night it’s minimum £100 PW for a 20 year old.

Forgot about the doctor and first aiders. Sure he said it was £110 to comply with the minimum wage. As you say lex lots of hidden costs that folk don't consider.

Gary Bollan must be a shoe-in for D2 Manager of the Month.

Which means the inevitable "Manager of the Month" curse will follow in April and us and the Berwick Rangeriatrics will be safe... :)

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Gary Bollan must be a shoe-in for D2 Manager of the Month.

Which means the inevitable "Manager of the Month" curse will follow in April and us and the Berwick Rangeriatrics will be safe... :)

Give it to Lennon then, very worthy aswell.

Was very impressed with Cowden yesterday. It’s maybe taken slightly longer than your supporters and board members would of liked, but the improvement under Bollan is now there for all to see.

As I put on the match thread, if you can continue to play like you did yesterday, then I have no doubt you’ll still be a League 2 club next season.

9 hours ago, Kelheart said:

How was sheerins contribution yesterday ??

He is excellent every game. Where has he been hiding? He makes a huge difference.

Archived